• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why Try

Mar 4, 2013
    Frederick area
    3 of them were on my farm today and acted very rude. They act like they can drive on my farm when when ever they want. Can they? Can I ask them to leave? I have no problem if they are nice but they weren't. Thoughts?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    3 of them were on my farm today and acted very rude. They act like they can drive on my farm when when ever they want. Can they? Can I ask them to leave? I have no problem if they are nice but they weren't. Thoughts?

Tell them to get off your lawn.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Ask them for the warrant that enables them to be on your property and exactly what they are looking at. If the just want to look around they can go back to their offices and use Google Maps.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I would assume they could come onto the property with a reason (complaint, investigation, observation from road, etc.)
    Did they drive up a lane and look for you? Or did they just drive in a field and start walking around?

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    They don't need a warrant to be on your property. DNR goes where they want in the name of checking for hunting/fishing violations. Now if they start searching through your house they would still need a warrant.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    DNR Police have one of the most wide sweeping authorities of ANY law enforcement agency. That being said, they are still bound by the basics, I would assume. We need more details about your encounter.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    This.

Attachments

• getoffmylawn.jpg
      getoffmylawn.jpg
      61.8 KB · Views: 1,474

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Did they have to go through a fence to access the property? Does the fence surround the property?

Wouldn't that fence be the boundary?

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Walk up to them and ask them what they are doing. If they act decent, treat them accordingly.

If they act like dicks, follow them around the entire time and ask them all kinds of stupid questions. It's your property, they can't do anything about you tagging along.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Ask them to leave. Or have them pay for the crops/lawn they just ran over. They normally tell the property owner/farmer we're here. I did get in trouble years ago taking the DNR fake deer they left in my field. Threw it in the shit spreader when I drove past it. Dropped it on the side of the road as two Blazers came from the other field. They thought they put it on Mr. Baileys' farm, dumb DNR. Post your property NO TRESPASSING!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Ask them to leave. Or have them pay for the crops/lawn they just ran over. They normally tell the property owner/farmer we're here. I did get in trouble years ago taking the DNR fake deer they left in my field. Threw it in the shit spreader when I drove past it. Dropped it on the side of the road as two Blazers came from the other field. They thought they put it on Mr. Baileys' farm, dumb DNR. Post your property NO TRESPASSING!

I have no problem with them looking for poachers but they should try to play nice with property owners if they want cooperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom