• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    This sheriff gets it

http://gunsnfreedom.com/sheriff-theyll-have-to-take-my-guns-before-they-get-yours/

“I personally do not think that “they”, whomever they may be, are coming for our guns but in the event that “they” do, in violation of, and absent of any constitutional change in, the 2nd Amendment, they will have to take my gun before they get yours,” said Brown. “Having said that I want it understood that I will arrest and jail any person that uses a firearm illegally in Wood County, no matter how minor, because actions of this nature jeopardize all our citizen’s rights to own firearms by providing fuel to those that endeavor to restrict that right. In order to preserve our rights we must be responsible.”

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    This sheriff gets it

http://gunsnfreedom.com/sheriff-theyll-have-to-take-my-guns-before-they-get-yours/

“I personally do not think that “they”, whomever they may be, are coming for our guns but in the event that “they” do, in violation of, and absent of any constitutional change in, the 2nd Amendment, they will have to take my gun before they get yours,” said Brown. “Having said that I want it understood that I will arrest and jail any person that uses a firearm illegally in Wood County, no matter how minor, because actions of this nature jeopardize all our citizen’s rights to own firearms by providing fuel to those that endeavor to restrict that right. In order to preserve our rights we must be responsible.”

Name one Sheriff in Balto County, Harford, Balto City, P.G., Montgomery, A.A. counties that would do the same?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Crickets ...

Name one Sheriff in Balto County, Harford, Balto City, P.G., Montgomery, A.A. counties that would do the same?

I guess a paycheck trumps principle ... and The Bill of Rights.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    This sheriff gets it

So basically 'they' don't have to come for the guns. They just make doing anything with them illegal, and he will come arrest you FOR them.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I like it. He must be part of Gov. Perry's campaign to attract citizens and businesses to Texas.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Sheriff Tony DeMeo stood up against the Feds in Nye County Nevada. He claimed the constitution gives him jurisdiction under the 10th amendment. There are youtube videos explaning what happened.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Democrat Caroline County Sheriff Randy Bounds was one of the few who testified against SB281. I've been meaning to catch up with him to see how far he's willing to go though.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Nope, read the article. He says he won't enforce a law that infringes on 2A.

I'm not buying it. He also said
    in violation of, and absent of any constitutional change in, the 2nd Amendment,

So if it's "ordained" at some point in the near or far future that 2A only applies to membership in the National Guard, then would that signify a "constitutional change" that he would then enforce? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I'm not getting warm fuzzies on this guy's belief in armed citizenry.

Sounds like condescension to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom