How to place home-made silencer into a new trust?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    So I want to build my own suppressor and place it into a trust that I am about to form.....

According to Maryland state law, the property to be held in trust must be described.

See b (1) at: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmStatutesText.aspx?article=get&section=14-404&ext=html&session=2015RS&tab=subject5

So how can I describe in the trust documents property that doesn't exist yet because I haven't received permission from the ATF to make it?

Thanks in advance, Adolph

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    So I want to build my own suppressor and place it into a trust that I am about to form.....

According to Maryland state law, the property to be held in trust must be described.

See b (1) at: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmStatutesText.aspx?article=get&section=14-404&ext=html&session=2015RS&tab=subject5

So how can I describe in the trust documents property that doesn't exist yet because I haven't received permission from the ATF to make it?

Thanks in advance, Adolph

Create the trust. Put a dollar or something else of value in it so that it comes into being, and then donate the silencer to it once you receive permission to build it and you have completed it. For me, it was a lot simpler. I just donated my AR lowers to the trust upon creating the trust.

This begs the question though. If you have a trust and use a Form 1 for a suppressor, and then add the suppressor to the trust on Schedule A after the Form 1 is completed, will changing Schedule A be a material change to the trust that would fall under Rule 41P? I am going to have to find the time to read through Rule 41P.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Use your trust to apply for the form 1 to build the suppressor. This will allow you to efile and avoid CLEO sign off.

At least for now, that is one advantage of a trust

Do not add the item to your schedule A until your stamp comes back.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    If you already had a suppressor prior to creating a Trust, do you need to pay for ATF stamp all over again to add it to the Trust or simply add it to the Schedule A?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If you already had a suppressor prior to creating a Trust, do you need to pay for ATF stamp all over again to add it to the Trust or simply add it to the Schedule A?

I believe you would need to pay for another stamp and transfer it to your trust.

I'm sure someone else here will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom