• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    (I already asked Norton if this was OK to post here)

I consigned my M900, pre-ban 9mm Calico carbine to Hafer’s Gunsmithing in Maryland. It has the 50 round helical feed magazine and a 100 round magazine, Calico branded laser sight and crank-driven Calico magazine speed loader. Since it has been transferred to Hafer’s, it’s gone to me because it can not be legally transferred back to a non-FFL in Maryland. It probably has less than 100 rounds through it since it was something of a protest buy prior to the ban going through.

If you are unfamiliar with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhjnYGjAyRI

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    That was on my list of guns I wish I had bought when I had the chance. Don't know why, but I always thought they were really cool.

Same here. They really had a very clever design that offered some actual benefits.

...High capacity mags
    ...Mag spring tensioned only when needed so ammo could be stored in loads mags
    ...Magazine on top means gun could be fired resting on the ground, very low profile
    ...bottom eject
    ...didn’t try to reinvent the wheel with the action

Last edited:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I had the .22 version. It was fun to shoot, but the mags took a while to load.

There was an upper made for the M11 SMG that used Calico 9mm mags. I had hoped that someone would also make one for the Calico 22.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

Sorry, missed this post. Indeed they are. According to this they must have downsized and just relied on making parts until 2006. I would not have thought they could keep anything going that way but I guess they did.

“Calico Light Weapons Inc. (CLWS) is an American privately held manufacturing company based in Elgin, Oregon that designs, develops and manufactures semiautomatic firearms. It was established in 1982 in Bakersfield, California, and released its first production weapon in 1985. In 1998 its operations were moved to Sparks, Nevada, where replacement parts for existing weapons were produced.[1]

In 2006, it was sold once again and moved to Hillsboro, Oregon, where full firearm production resumed. It implemented a CNC machining process and upgraded materials used in manufacture. There were also minor redesigns of some production models to increase durability and reliability.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calico_Light_Weapons_Systems

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom