Short Window to Submit Testimony Against SB479 (Gun Storage Bill)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I never got an email confirming or denying I can attend this. Is there some zoom meeting link I'm missing?
    I'll presume you submitted written testimony and selected "both" under the pull-down menu for the type. Procedurally, you needed to upload the PDF file, then at the top-left click the "save" button after you chose your position, etc. If you didn't do that last obtuse part, your submission wasn't completed.

Don't think the obtuse nature of this process is an accident.

You can confirm that you completed the process, though. Sign in to the MyMGA portal, click the Witness Signup button on the left, then click "Signed Up Items" top-center. You should see a list of bills that you completed.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I'll presume you submitted written testimony and selected "both" under the pull-down menu for the type. Procedurally, you needed to upload the PDF file, then at the top-left click the "save" button after you chose your position, etc. If you didn't do that last obtuse part, your submission wasn't completed.

You can confirm that you completed the process, though. Sign in to the MyMGA portal, click the Witness Signup button on the left, then click "Signed Up Items" top-center. You should see a list of bills that you completed.
    I'm signed up alright. And yeah I almost fell for that myself, I double checked and realized it didn't actually save (back when I could still resubmit). So I know for sure that they have my written submission, I signed up for written and oral, there is no excuse for them to not send an email confirming whether I made the lottery or not.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland

I did this and my testimony is definitely submitted.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You aren't preserving a damned thing. The mag limit bill eventually passed and is now law. Please give me one example of a bill that was never passed, not one that was delayed. Again, your letter writing, testifying and rallying is doing nothing...we've been through all of thins before. if it doesn't pass this year it will next. If it gets vetoed the veto gets overridden.

keep bashing your head against that brick wall...I will prep for when the actual fighting against the gun grabbers starts..then we will find out who "carries the water" and who complies because they want to be "law abiding"

One thing is for sure, you won’t be carrying water for anyone. Nothing but a blowhard who claims time to stack bodies but would be the last one to do it.
    Instead of actually doing something, you just enjoy telling everyone else that their efforts are worthless. Just go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I figured it out, why our bill is last.

All of the previous bills are buttering the Senators up to "think about the children". A lot of these bills are about child abuse, which is a valid concern, but will make them "think about the children" and the "child abusing gun owners" who can't bother to store their firearms safely.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I missed it, I will have to watch the re-run. I am thankful that someone on the committee has some knowledge of firearms.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Watching the Fresh Prince reply to some of the questions made it clear to me that he did not write this bill.

Wasn't this his cousin Carlton?

AP_19253824842816.jpg

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Seems like it’s been a while! Good to see you back.

It has been a while. I get tired of the naysayers who repeatedly do nothing but suck oxygen out of the room. I choose not to be in the room with them.

I'll likely just garner intel for my work in Annapolis during the gun-grabbing session, and then dissolve into the ether again. I do miss grabbing Mission BBQ with my fellow foot soldiers, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom