όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They have made it overly complicated.

I made a "MyMGA account" now what??
    I see no way to sign up to testify??
    what am I missing????

You're missing the point that they don't want your input, and that the fix is in.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    They have made it overly complicated.

I made a "MyMGA account" now what??
    I see no way to sign up to testify??
    what am I missing????
    You will need to login to your MyMGA account between the hours of 1000-1500 EST two business days prior to the hearing:

• For bill hearings on Tuesday - login and register for testimony on the preceding Friday
    • For bill hearings on Wednesday - login and register for testimony on the preceding Monday
    • For bill hearings on Thursday - login and register on the preceding Tuesday
    Early or Late registrations are not accepted and written testimony (optional) is due at the same time.

Per Bill:

• For the House - 50 witnesses, chosen at random with Chair discretion, are permitted to testify via video.
    • For the Senate - 10 witnesses (4 Favorable / 2 Favorable w/Amendment(s) / 4 Opposed) are permitted. Sponsors are allowed 3 of the 4 Favorable slots, with the primary witness getting 5 minutes and all others getting 2; the remaining Favorable slot is given to a "randomly selected" individual. For the Opposed slots - 2 are reserved for "organizational" testimony and 2 are "randomly selected" individuals.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I already missed the carry permit bill because it was initially unclear to me that I had to register for it on a specific day during specific times. Even if I got in, I heard it's a lottery where only a select few will get to speak.

I've been emailing and calling my Congress critters since that's the best I can do.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They don’t want your input, and I think none should be given. The super majority has shown disdain for us. I will neither grovel nor comply.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    They don’t want your input, and I think none should be given. The super majority has shown disdain for us. I will neither grovel nor comply.
    I'm thinking I will at the very least tell them that in writing/phonecall/testimony. That I will not comply with any version of these bills coming out. Curious which way they'll swing considering my personal name would be attached.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Yeah, that level of the game is over.

The ante has been upped on a state and national level. The cost of staying in the game has increased.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We have until 3pm today to submit written testimony and/or sign up for oral testimony (to be heard Wednesday) on SB0624 (untraceable/poly 80) and SB0560 (making theft of a handgun a felony...finally).

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    This monstrosity is probably going to pass in some form or another, but maybe testimony can help neuter it somewhat like was done with FSA 2013 and then SB208 last year. Remember the House version of HB4/SB208 of 2020 that included the Long Gun Qualification License, which testimony to the Senate JPC helped eliminate from that bill?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This form of testimony has got to be challengeable in court right? If any form of voter ID requirement is against the rules, this has got to violate them too right? How's a citizen without a computer or internet access supposed to testify? Not very equitable is it?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Wtf?? That can't be legal!

According to an opinion signed by the esteemed (in his own mind, at least) MD Attorney General, the MDGA is not required to accept any public input on bills. So the highest law enforcement officer in the state says "Yes, it is." And "If you don't like it, try voting us out of office.<insert diabolical laughter sounds here>".

Last edited:

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I just called every senator on the judicial committee. I recommend you all do too (maybe wait until they're open, I think they're closing for the day):

https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/committees/details?cmte=jpr#divMembership

Excellent Mr. Nickberg500!
    I encourage everyone to do this. I'm not sure that I ever called EVERYONE on a committee....

I also encourage everyone to keep it civil, and if possible to relate a personal story about how <enter bad gun bill here> affects you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom