• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Does anyone have experience or opinions of the reliability of the information on the website gunfacts, http://www.gunfacts.info ? The website says it's nonpartisan and independent, and some of the debunked claims on its website are gun controller claims, but that might also be because the gun controllers make up most of their "facts". I would like to make a donation to this website, if they are able to get the truth to people who are fighting to preserve our rights. I want to think the info on gunfacts is useful for us to debunk and counter the emotion based B.S. from the Mommys Wanting Action, or Brady group.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I’m not sure what you’re asking really. They have extensively documented their sources in footnotes at the bottom of almost every page/topic. I have visited there many times and have downloaded the .pdf version into iBooks, in case the site should disappear. Why do you say gun-controllers make up most of their facts? I found the opposite to be true. Could you cite some examples? In my experience, there are few other places with such a massive collection of data and sources. The Crime Prevention Research Center is another good source however.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Why do you say gun-controllers make up most of their facts? I found the opposite to be true. Could you cite some examples? In my experience, there are few other places with such a massive collection of data and sources. The Crime Prevention Research Center is another good source however.

Firstly the site mentioned by the OP is pro-2A. Secondly CPRC is Lott's group.

As far as gun control groups I found they do make up most of their work. Usually their junk work is about purposeful omission. Like not noting the huge majority of kids involved in shootings shoot or are shot with illegal owned guns, typically an active criminal boyfriend of the mother or older sibling visiting or cohabiting in the household.

Or the bogus claim that having sa firearm in the home makes it more dangerous for the household members, when in fact that relies on not separating profoundly different risk groups such as the average home, vs homes with active criminals.

Or how about the claim by the gun control groups that only 30% of households have firearms? When that is entirely based on a stranger coming to your door and asking if there is a gun in the home. Would you say yes? I would say no a would nearly every gun owner I know. We all know all modern gun training says not to tell a stranger a gun is in the home! They are halving gun ownership. The evidence is about 60% of homes have a firearm, not 28% or 30%.

Every central point the gun control lobbyists make is false. Can you even name one that is true?

Last edited:

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I’m not sure what you’re asking really. They have extensively documented their sources in footnotes at the bottom of almost every page/topic. I have visited there many times and have downloaded the .pdf version into iBooks, in case the site should disappear. Why do you say gun-controllers make up most of their facts? I found the opposite to be true. Could you cite some examples? In my experience, there are few other places with such a massive collection of data and sources. The Crime Prevention Research Center is another good source however.

OK, thanks for your views. Take care, and don't get caught in one of thosee mass shootings that pop up every year in the country, because the US leads the world in mass shootings, ya know.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Gun Control people in my experience are good at gaming numbers.

For example, if I ask 10 people "Do you think we should do more to address gun violence?" I imagine a great deal will say yes.

Now, if I ask those same 10 people "Do you think we should ban guns to address gun violence?" or "Do you think we should allow permitless carry of guns to address gun violence?" You are likely to get very different answers.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    Great resources mentioned here!

Slightly off-topic, but of the three sides mentioned, it looks like only CRIME PREVENTION RESEARCH CENTER is listed as a public charity with the IRS. This only matters for potentially deducting your donation from your taxes... Not the information itself.
    IRS non-profit listing

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom