• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    And done.

My state senator is Elfreth. She's like Dr. Cocteau from the movie "Demolition Man." Pure evil in the name of "safety."

You said "Cocteau". Ponder_MD, you have been fined one credit for a violation of the verbal moralities statute.

Be well, Ponder_MD.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Are you serious?

Unfortunatly he is with reason. I work very closely with alot of Rangers because of my employer. I know first hand some are awesome. There are a few that stop and talk when they see me in my front yard shooting and are nice as can be. I also know a few and granted its a minority of the DNR\Park Rangers that act like a$$es but there are enough to know that more then a few people will get fined and\or arrested over this. Luckily it should win in court since it at this point would be pretty much impossible to prove but I agree hes right and its gonna happen.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    You said "Cocteau". Ponder_MD, you have been fined one credit for a violation of the verbal moralities statute.

Be well, Ponder_MD.

F--- you! @!#$ and @#$1`

There. Now I should have enough toilet paper to get through the rest of the pandemic.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Rather than call and tell them how unfair this is, remind them that most of us can drive 1 hour to any state touching MD, and buy as much as we like.

Hell, I can sell it to other MDSers once I get home if I want.

And remind them that tax dollars that could have funded the Kirwan debacle went to another state's coffers.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Thank you for the detailed info. I am C & R so I get pretty much all my ammo by mail. I have been thinking of leaving MD (after 40 years here) so this could be the final nail in the coffin. I am retired so I can take my money elsewhere.
    To where? Virginia? Texas? Arizona? Have you been keeping up with the news?

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Agree on both counts. So what do you do to prevent the nutcase from killing the cops?

I can tell you what you don't do: shit on the Constitution.

Didn't some famous dude back in the day say that he prefers dangerous liberty over peaceful slavery? #metoo

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    How can I write to oppose this bill? I want to encourage others to do the same.

You can keep up with happens to this bill and to others here: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/legislation-tracker/bill-tracker

Good info on how to testify and how to contact your legislators, including how to say it when you do. It's just a few bucks to join. They take donations too. Cash helps them with their fight for your rights at the SUPREME COURT! https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/counselor-s-corner/235-msi-goes-to-the-supreme-court

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    And to add to my point above, all empires fall and die. America will too. I don’t even think the founding principals will remain alive and in memory is except for a few that are far too few in numbers to do anything about it.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_by_date_of_formation

Scroll down a bit where you can search by "sortable list." Select "date of last sovereignty" and look for countries that have been around since 1789 without one or more violent upheavals. The answer might surprise you.

See also: https://medium.com/s/story/the-surp...-of-the-tin-foil-hat-gun-prepper-15fce7d10437

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Hmmm. Seems that I should check in more often..... I just do so get tired of all the naysaying and nagging that I tend to shy away of late.

Kudos to everyone who gets out there and fights the fight!

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Hmmm. Seems that I should check in more often..... I just do so get tired of all the naysaying and nagging that I tend to shy away of late.

Kudos to everyone who gets out there and fights the fight!

This time of the year draws us out of the woodwork. I went into hibernation until December-ish. It's good to see you posting again. It would be even better to catch up with you sometime and have a beer.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    This time of the year draws us out of the woodwork. I went into hibernation until December-ish. It's good to see you posting again. It would be even better to catch up with you sometime and have a beer.

I'm in!

I just cannot stand to be in a place where people constantly say the sky is falling, and say that there is nothing that can be done about it. Thus, I left, returning only to keep up with events in Annapolis. I'm not sure why the nags dont just get a temporary ban during the session. They merely suck oxygen from the folks that are out there fighting the fight. If they are to be believed, MDShooters would become a place where people reminisce about actually owning firearms.....

You've got my number. Call me anytime Kicken Wing.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Well. That was a terrifying read.

Ain't it?

How many of the now-gone countries had widespread civilian gun ownership up to and throughout their demise? I'm guessing none. I vehemently oppose gun control because I love America, warts n all.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    So, there was never a crossfile in the Senate for this bill, and last Senate Bill Introduction was 8 Feb, so I'm guessing this bill is probably a distraction for 2021. We still need to testify against it in the House, because:
    1. It'll almost certainly be back next session in some form, and
    2. This is the MDGA, after all, and nothing favored by the its leadership is truly dead and buried until Sine Die, no matter how unlikely passage seems at first glance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom