• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Sure, they're thrilled to have us leave.

Maryland and Virginia are special cases, as most of the revenue comes from their proximity to DC and its fountain of tax revenue. So if the money-making job-creating conservatives leave, there's still plenty of tax cattle who will stay and applaud the nanny state.

Other states are not that lucky.

Maryland, thanks to merciless gerrymandering, will never leave Leftist control. Doesn't matter if you stay and fight; no one can overcome a veto-proof supermajority. Conservatives are not "ceding territory" to these people; that ship sailed years ago.

True the Government jobs fuel the tax revenue but also boost real estate prices :)
    That will also fuel my retirement and departure from this leftest hell hole.
    High taxes , horrible traffic with road rage rangers at every turn. I don't even like crabs that much :outta her
    I can't wait to leave ....3 years ....can't happen soon enough

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Frankly, we should take a page from the Progressives playbook and encourage a mass migration of conservatives to Maryland. Enough bodies can overcome any gerrymandering.

Baltimore's population dwindles each year.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's individual vs best for group at large , and near term vs long haul .

For any one person ,voting with their feet yields better results than beating head on wall in irreversibly lost territory . ( And with ever widening majorities , veto proof , and with unchecked power to blatantly Gerrymander , looking at you Md .)

But if everyone did that , it would eventually be West Virginia and North Dakota vs the World .

In imeadate Election Cycles , cynically continually electing the " barely less worse " is proclaimed a temporary positive thing . But long term just accelerates the race to the bottom .

If at some point significant numbers of people don't invest their votes and $$ to candidates that have some semblance of Actual Principles , we will everywhere be similar parts of Md currently - Every single candidate and vaguely serious primary candidate will all Suck, with no meaningful difference other than personal power alliances .

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    What do we have to offer them?
    Instead of being on the sidelines, they could be on the FRONT lines fighting gun control!

I heard wish-he-was-our-attorney-general Craig Wolf speak one time. Said of his time in the sandbox that he "Ran toward the fighting." Need more of that kind of people.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

For any one person ,voting with their feet yields better results than beating head on wall in irreversibly lost territory . ( And with ever widening majorities , veto proof , and with unchecked power to blatantly Gerrymander , looking at you Md .)

But if everyone did that , it would eventually be West Virginia and North Dakota vs the World .

In imeadate Election Cycles , cynically continually electing the " barely less worse " is proclaimed a temporary positive thing . But long term just accelerates the race to the bottom .

If at some point significant numbers of people don't invest their votes and $$ to candidates that have some semblance of Actual Principles , we will everywhere be similar parts of Md currently - Every single candidate and vaguely serious primary candidate will all Suck, with no meaningful difference other than personal power alliances .

Amen.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Frankly, we should take a page from the Progressives playbook and encourage a mass migration of conservatives to Maryland. Enough bodies can overcome any gerrymandering.

Baltimore's population dwindles each year.

2020 really made me a solid believer in this.

There are millions of conservatives living in deep blue states, outnumbered 3:1, 4:1 or more.

They could do so much good in states in NC, FL, TX, PA, parts of the Rust Belt, and other swing states.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Don't think it matters since the undocumented democrats will fill the void.

undocumented-democrats-crossing.jpg

You are just a number and expendable.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    What enabled the progressives to take over MD was through law. MD has 2 houses just like the Federal Government. Those two houses were set up similar to the Federal Government's too. However, when the progressives went to court and had the senate changed to a population basis bad things started to happen in MD. They argued that it was unfair that the rural part of MD had too much sway over the rest of the populace. At that time they changed how the two houses were organized. Both houses were now based on population and not local. So the senate which was based more on geography was now based on population just like the house of delegates. As such, western MD and the eastern shore lost all power as it was transferred to the population centers. Unless that is reversed, conservative rural areas will never have any input into the real process. I'd bet many similar things have happened in many other states causing the rise in power of the big cities in every state.

I have no idea how you could file a suite against the state to change that back, but without that change I don't think MD has a chance at being more balanced.
    V

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have no idea how you could file a suite against the state to change that back, but without that change I don't think MD has a chance at being more balanced.

A suite of such suits has indeed been attempted over time, and the result was defeat. The legislative map in MD is now entrenched, and backed up by court decisions that are very unlikely to be upended any time soon. The only real hope would be a massive change, in the form of a constitutional amendment, that would get the nation's very charter altered to strip away states' rights to conduct their own affairs in this regard. Many, many years in coming even if it were wise (which it probably isn't), widely supported, and started today.

Meanwhile, the reality on the ground will continue to amplify what we're already looking at in MD: the overwhelming political power in the state follows the money and the headcounts right to axis of evil that connects the two beltways and the counties that straddle and anchor that zone. MoCo, PG, HoCo and the Bs own the state, and it's lefty demographics that own them.

That's why folks like us are limited to 1) fighting things in court, rather than in the legislature, 2) putting up with it, or 3) bugging out.

(1) is where my money goes support-wise, but putting together a WV land-grab/home fund too, because I've lived in MoCo for most of my life and I'm not blind.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Never forget that North Dakota is the second largest nuclear power in the world...

More to the point, we're seeing people beginning to invest $$ and votes in principled candidates (I'm thinking of Kim Klacik), but right now they are still anomalies and effectively smothered by the media and the oligarchs that run this colony.

It's now much like the local politics of the 1700s here. There's still the option of western migration, but the current single party federal government we have renders that pointless for at least the next two years.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    Grew up & lived in Md for 50 years. I watched things change over the years. I was lucky enough to be able to retire at age 50.
    Kids grown & gone, the wife and I left. Moved to Texas. Sadly I see Texas changing as well, and it's very expensive to live there especially property tax wise. 10 years later we moved again. Now in Alabama. Solid red state.
    MD will always be home and I miss it's beauty. But.....

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If only we had a history book showing what the disenchanted Roman citizens decided to do when they realized the Republic was headed for ruin, then we would have a pretty good guide on what to do. Did they leave Rome to join the mercenaries and then sack Rome at a later date. Did they just stay within Rome even though they knew Rome was falling to pieces? When we start outsourcing more and more of our military, then the writing is on the wall for me and it is time to look at other nations, not states.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    V

This is the Supreme Court case you need to overturn.

Reynolds v. Sims, 377 U.S. 533 (1964)

It was the case that held that legislative districts must have roughly equal populations.

I don't think it's overturnable at this point. The balance of power between rural and urban is too one sided.

I think we need to look ahead to saving it where it counts, the federal level. We've already seen the left floating ideas about reforming the Senate in a way that gives more Senators to states with larger populations. Yes, it requires a COTUS amendment, but there have been 17 of them, not counting the original 10.

Moving to the battleground states helps with this though, remember that COTUS amendments require 38 states (or 39 if DC and Puerto Rico are admitted) so ensuring that enough states stay red enough to ensure that bad amendments can't get to 38 or 39 states is important.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    I always see mention of the romans fall compared to the usa. I didn't pay attention in world history class but I think picking a new nation might be a better plan than picking a new state. I was talking to a guy the other day who spent a couple months working in central America. He about had me convinced to move down there with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom