• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Good luck with using subjective metrics to determine who qualifies to exercise a Constitutional right.

Subjective/ideological rights rationing is the entire operating thesis for the Brandon administration, and many state-level Branflakes (I just came up with that!) think the same way.

And if any of you make money off of using "Branflakes," I want 10% for me, the big guy.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Subject rights rationing is the entire operating thesis for the Brandon administration, and many state-level Branflakes (I just came up with that!) think the same way.

And if any of you make money off of using "Branflakes," I want 10% for me, the big guy.

Lol. Branflakes is steal-worthy…

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm in the midst of listening to the complete COTUS Orals ( Colin Nior channel on 'tube) .

There is acceptance on all sides for Felons and Crazies to be excluded . ( I'm not in favor ) , but Propensity for Violence is not an unimaginable stretch .

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm in the midst of listening to the complete COTUS Orals ( Colin Nior channel on 'tube) .

There is acceptance on all sides for Felons and Crazies to be excluded . ( I'm not in favor ) , but Propensity for Violence is not an unimaginable stretch .

People with a history of violent criminal behavior should be excluded.
    But if Maryland has a State Trooper that can look at me and know that I'm going to snap 2 years from now, his talents are being wasted in the licensing division.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    The MGA wouldn't act on changing the law until the next legislative session, which would be January of 2023. In the mean time, any law that has been struck down by a court ruling would be null and void, and Maryland would become a shall Issue state, until such time as the legislature corrects that and the law goes into affect. So, ruling by June 2022, G&S struck don and Maryland becomes shall issue, legislature convenes in January

, passes a law by April, if it's not vetoed by Hogan, then it takes affect Oct 1.

So 16 month of shall issue.

Of course, if Hogan vetoes it, it can't be over ridden in the next session and you can add another 12 months to that.

I spoke too soon <s>.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Folks will have to be adjudicated to have a “propensity to violence” to lose a right. I’m sure most of us can be seen as scary through the right eyes. It’s going to be a tough sell.

Tootallslim

Aug 17, 2021
    So as others have already said, and I’ve been told this by instructors and gun shop owners, it’s best to just start a business and that’s what I’m going to do.

What businesses did some of you start? I’m thinking something simple like a t shirt business from home and selling to local gun shops and gun shows.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So the MSP will just drop the 365 unrestricted permits in the mail when the ruling comes down right ?
    :lol:

Not immediately (They have 60 days by statute), but they will no longer require a G&S if that is the ruling in SCOTUS, until the MGA updates the law and it goes into effect.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I agree, that’s the only reason I started my business. You don’t even have to run a successful business. Become a sole proprietorship and sell umbrellas to yourself and your family. I’d love to not have to have done it but it’s worked out okay in my case.

Well, you have a great product. I just wish you had more of it. :)

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Did I hear CJ Roberts blurt a little something out about having a problem with a permit for a "right"...? or did I mishear...?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Did I hear CJ Roberts blurt a little something out about having a problem with a permit for a "right"...? or did I mishear...?

Leave it to him to snatch Defeat from the Jaws of Victory when the time comes. Think Obamacare.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I HOPE I heard that correctly, and Roberts was expressing disapproval at (or at least clucking at) the concept of an enumerated right requiring a permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom