• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Sat until 9:30 this morning, couldn’t take the wind any longer. Saw 3 does about 8:45. Heard a few shots early in the area, then quiet the rest of the morning. Hunting off of Rt. 24 south of Rocks State Park. Headed back out around 2PM.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Hunting Patuxtent Refuge. Heard 7 shots between 6-9am. Didn’t see a single deer myself. Headed back out this afternoon.

On a funny (kind of?) side note, heard first shot at 6:03AM. An hour before sunrise. Either someone out here breaking the law, or it was an ND crawling into their spot.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hunting Patuxtent Refuge. Heard 7 shots between 6-9am. Didn’t see a single deer myself. Headed back out this afternoon.

On a funny (kind of?) side note, heard first shot at 6:03AM. An hour before sunrise. Either someone out here breaking the law, or it was an ND crawling into their spot.

I had one 20 yards away at 530 this morning, it got a pass. That was my only shootable deer today. The deer was chilling by my stand as i watched another hunters flashlight walk to his stand.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Brutal set this morning. I saw one doe as I drove up the long driveway on the farm I'm hunting. That was it. Another guy on the same farm killed a pretty 10 point. 2 yo. Hell, I might'a shot him too, just to get the hell out of the wind! I'll hunt a picked bean field this evening. Usually plenty of does there in the evening.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    This guy came with 6 others at around 06:40. I had my scope on a big doe, but the safety spooked them. This one circled back around. Not his best decision.

I have learned a quieter way to take safety off on this new 350.

5BA1A912-8373-44B5-8CA9-4D0CB3E812E3.jpg
    AE164160-9364-41A0-B65C-CC5F4774388E.jpg

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Alarm went off at 5:30am. Heard the wind howling. Back to sleep. Out for afternoon shift. Not a fan of walking out in the dark after a full day of 30+mph winds in the forest. Cameras showed them having an orgy all night long and no morning shift signs.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This guy came with 6 others at around 06:40. I had my scope on a big doe, but the safety spooked them. This one circled back around. Not his best decision.

I have learned a quieter way to take safety off on this new 350.

:innocent0

Attachments

• safety2.jpg
      safety2.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 178

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    My one target buck was on camera on a very windy day in mid October at 5pm. But that is definitely the exception not the rule. I slept in based on forecast but it was barely blowing here this morning. A questionable shooter showed at legal light so I’m kinda glad I missed it. Even with binos low light is sometimes hard to judge correctly especially if your cold and looking to get down from the tree.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Was cold and windy this am! Youngest son home from college went out with me and shot a nice doe. 91 lbs dressed. Only saw that and one other the whole morning. Heard way less than usual number of shots too. Only a handful. Did get to watch a beautiful fox do it’s thing for about ten minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom