• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Now that KSKuts is de-funked(at least for this season), who are you guys using?

It would be nice to do my own, but basically I don't have the room, and I have my deer for the year. I'm looking for someplace that will butcher or take for FHFH donations in my area. I'm in G-burg. Can you steer me to a website?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I mostly do my own but always drop one off at C&L deer processing in hampstead md. I usually get the whole thing turned into jalapeno cheddar deer dogs but his other sausages are good too.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Wish I had a name to offer up. I'm in a different region. Was talking with my processor in Clear Spring this week. All of the donated deer that they get (in mid-west WashCo), apparently go directly to MoCo. Suprised me, I always assumed that they ended up more local so to speak. As long as they end up where needed, it's all good.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I use a smaller shop in Westminister. He isn't taking any new customers this year and was over capacity sometime Sunday morning. Great people.
    Been told by another hunter on my property that M&G is/was full and C&L isn't taking any donations this gun season.

Yesterday I picked up 6 lbs of jalapeno & cheese bologna, 5 lbs of jerky.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

It would be nice to do my own, but basically I don't have the room, and I have my deer for the year. I'm looking for someplace that will butcher or take for FHFH donations in my area. I'm in G-burg. Can you steer me to a website?
    I use a guy named Jerrod Bauerline, just south of Westminster, roughly a half mile behind Reese Fire Hall. No website, but he’s on the Book of Faces.
    Jerrod’s Deer Processing
    410-848-6143
    1321 Arnold Road
    Westminster, MD
    Like everyone else this week he gets extremely busy, so you should probably call him before you head out that way. I’ve been using him 10+ years. If you’re from Carroll County or know anything about farm animal processing, you’ll recognize the name Bauerline’s meats from the Hampstead area (the old family shop is now C&L mentioned upthread, I believe). He’s real good people, and prides himself on giving you all of your meat back, no community meat pool.

He’s a bit of a hike for you Outrider, but if you were so inclined, I can’t recommend him enough.

Edit...I’m pretty sure he isn’t a participant in the FHFH program even if you pay for the full $$ processing, but I could be wrong. You'd have to ask him.

CaptainAwesome

Jun 1, 2013
    Pikesville MD
    Austin's Deer Processing - Hanover MD - near airport

I dropped off already boned out flesh, clean packaging, double wrapped ground meat, reasonably priced.

That place smells so bad upon entry - worse than Detroit, but I would recommend it for someone who doesn't want to butcher their own deer.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County

Jesus I’m glad I saw this. I was planning on KS if I didn’t have time to drive to M&G.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Austin's Deer Processing - Hanover MD - near airport

I dropped off already boned out flesh, clean packaging, double wrapped ground meat, reasonably priced.

That place smells so bad upon entry - worse than Detroit, but I would recommend it for someone who doesn't want to butcher their own deer.
    I agree with this as well, when I used to hunt Patuxent Refuge a lot in early bow season (hot weather) I used Austen’s a bunch due to their proximity to the Refuge so I could get the animal on ice as soon as possible. It’s been quite a while but they always treated me right, and other friends of mine too.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Dang, what happened to KS Cuts?
    Chris had a heart attack about two weeks ago. He shut down opperations for the year. I wish him well. He's a good friend
    I use myself, never thought otherwise. I like it still twitching when it hits the freezer.
    I would love to. I just don't have the room here.

Clint’s Cuts is in New Market and there is/was a guy near Jefferson/Brunswick that cut deer. Can’t remember the name.
    I've heard of him/them. Do you know if they take FHFH donation deer?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    not sure if this qualifies as "capital region," but Pry's just north of Brunswick does a real good job, vac sealed. just dropped a doe off there last wednesday.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Clint’s Cuts is in New Market and there is/was a guy near Jefferson/Brunswick that cut deer. Can’t remember the name.

This is who I used last year. Not far off I-70
    They sell deer corn too. Pick up and put $ in a box so you can do it at your own time.
    Not going to hunt much this year though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

You’re only other real option is Tim Mullinex. He’s just before Damascus by Annapolis rock road. Not To far from etichson market. I think he charges $85 and then obviously additional for stuff. The sausage he makes is good but tell him to add less salt. Solid guy. 5 mins from Rupert farms.

Attachments

• AFFA1D6C-9051-4C0E-86B3-A49DAF60D965.jpg
      AFFA1D6C-9051-4C0E-86B3-A49DAF60D965.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 247

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads