• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I think now that we are in the home stretch nerves are freying.. As I said reps are people and I think they know we are serious. So perhaps we can dial back the tempo a bit.

Since there is no central control, perhaps we can post here those that we can count on so we don't do over kill.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I'll suggest we support Dems who want to go our way but are scared. Judiciary and HGO are the key players. You can assume the names in the last MSI update are "safe".

But as HKB suggested, we only got two speeds: "on" and "off". There is going to be over spray (sorry, did some wall painting over the weekend and the sprayer kinda primed part of my gun safe a nice shade of white).

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Personally I think "dialing back" the tempo is a bad idea. Legislators are very busy and right now I suspect many of them are remembering anything more than about 72 hours old as being well in the past. Any slowing down will be exploited by the opposition as a sign of weakness and loss of resolve, even though it isn't.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I think now that we are in the home stretch nerves are freying.. As I said reps are people and I think they know we are serious. So perhaps we can dial back the tempo a bit.

Since there is no central control, perhaps we can post here those that we can count on so we don't do over kill.

With all due respect....NO F*CKING WAY!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Personally I think "dialing back" the tempo is a bad idea. Legislators are very busy and right now I suspect many of them are remembering anything more than about 72 hours old as being well in the past. Any slowing down will be exploited by the opposition as a sign of weakness and loss of resolve, even though it isn't.

I think we need another "Saturday", where we go there peaceably, greet them as they enter and rotate through the galleries quietly. We didn't have to say a word and they knew we meant business.

Whatdya think, Patrick?

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    I'll tone it down on April 9. I haven't been able to do much in person, but I'll slow my e-mail, snail mail, and phone calls when the session is over.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

This...

The first rule of a fight (and make no mistake, this is a fight) is once you have your opponent on his heals, you don't let up. You don't let them off the ropes, you don't let them out of the corner. If anything you pound them harder in order to finish them.

That being said, We've softened up the body, now is the time to start working the head. And to do that we focus on those on Judiciary and HGO that have not come out in support of us/opposition of the bill.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    This...

The first rule of a fight (and make no mistake, this is a fight) is once you have your opponent on his heals, you don't let up. You don't let them off the ropes, you don't let them out of the corner. If anything you pound them harder in order to finish them.

That being said, We've softened up the body, now is the time to start working the head. And to do that we focus on those on Judiciary and HGO that have not come out in support of us/opposition of the bill.

Just curious what do you do when they sue for piece?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

We don't dial back one IOTA until April 9th.

They are looking for a break in our resolve. They are looking for us to wean.

NO BREAKS, NO QUARTER, NOTHING!

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    For the record no. :)
    He was being sarcastic. You are solid.

It's just like asking the starting line to let the other guys score a few, just cause we had a good quarter. We ain't won nothing yet. It's still a bad bill even if we score the things we talked about. And that is not certain, by any stretch.

The Governor is massively motivated and breaking arms. When the arms are gone, he's using heavy vases full of sand and making head shots.

We need to be alert. O'Malley is angry like a washed up supermodel with a projectile cell phone, aiming it at at a room service waiter who wouldn't trade an autograph for a tip because, "don't you know who I am!"

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Respectfully, we're not dialing back anything. Not even a little bit. If anything, we're turning up the heat. Friends might get annoyed, sure, but that's politics. They know this is bigger than them at this point. Fence sitters and those who are dyed in the wool against our civil rights will be strongly and consistently reminded that we haven't forgotten, and we won't forget.

Much as elections have consequences, dicking around with our fundamental civil rights will have consequences as well. 2014...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just curious what do you do when they sue for piece?

Piece of what??

Or perhaps you meant peace? In that case, if and when they drop the bill, then I will let up.

As for a real fight, when they cry no more or uncle, or just plain can't respond anymore, or my personal favorite, tap out.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Piece of what??

Or perhaps you meant peace? In that case, if and when they drop the bill, then I will let up.

As for a real fight, when they cry no more or uncle, or just plain can't respond anymore, or my personal favorite, tap out.

ok some I think are still in need of attention, and we should pour it on. Others I think are saying they will vote our way....

But as Patrick says there will be collateral damage, glad I am not in the MGA on either side.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom