• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    OK But no one is saying give in. I am saying take yes for an answer and hit those that still oppose us, not those that agree. :)

I agree with you bro, for the definate yes's

People like Smigiel feels he owes you a response and is dedicated to do so (as much as they can). He is taking time from working defense on SB281 to reply. Let up on the yes's so they can work this thing for us.

Just my .02

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    good one :) There will be no peace even after the 9th - MD is massively violating 2A! They can repeal bans from before this session, get rid of the 7 day wait, and pass concealed carry...maybe then we will tone it down a bit!

my list of unknown positions from the relevant committees
    House Judiciary:
    *Curtis S. Anderson - ext. 3291 curt.anderson@house.state.md.us
    *Luke H. Clippinger - ext. 3303 luke.clippinger@house.state.md.us
    *Del. Sam Arora - ext. 3528 sam.arora@house.state.md.us
    Darren M. Swain - ext. 3692 darren.swain@house.state.md.us

House Health:
    John P. Donoghue john.donoghue@house.state.md.us
    Dan K. Morhaim - dan.morhaim@house.state.md.us

(410) 841-xxxx, (301) 858-xxxx

* = sponsor of HB294, which was the House version of SB281. As of 03.26.13 - no official position on SB281

Last edited:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    good one :) There will be no peace even after the 9th - MD is massively violating 2A! They can repeal bans from before this session, get rid of the 7 day wait, and pass concealed carry...maybe then we will tone it down a bit!

House Judiciary:
    Curtis S. Anderson - ext. 3291 curt.anderson@house.state.md.us
    Luke H. Clippinger - ext. 3303 luke.clippinger@house.state.md.us
    Del. Sam Arora - ext. 3528 sam.arora@house.state.md.us

House Health:
    John P. Donoghue john.donoghue@house.state.md.us
    Dan K. Morhaim - dan.morhaim@house.state.md.us

Perfect let them feel the thunder!!

And we will take the fight to them next year , By using the bridges we built and skills we have learned this year. Soon even the opposition will respect us, not as an enemy,or even as opposition but as a partner to improve Maryland. It can happen and it will.

Every major advance in gun rights has come when the public sees gun owners as a net plus to society-- Maryland will be no different.

We must win. There is no other acceptable alternative.

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    good one :)
    House Judiciary:
    Curtis S. Anderson - ext. 3291 curt.anderson@house.state.md.us
    Luke H. Clippinger - ext. 3303 luke.clippinger@house.state.md.us
    Del. Sam Arora - ext. 3528 sam.arora@house.state.md.us

House Health:
    John P. Donoghue - ext 3125 john.donoghue@house.state.md.us
    Dan K. Morhaim - ext 3054 dan.morhaim@house.state.md.us

Anderson, Arora, and Clippinger are all original cosponsors of the governor's bill.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Anderson, Arora, and Clippinger are all original cosponsors of the governor's bill.

updated, thanks for the reminder :)

I removed them, but added back in as they still have no official position on SB281. For now, they will continue to get calls and emails from me

Last edited:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    This...

The first rule of a fight (and make no mistake, this is a fight) is once you have your opponent on his heals, you don't let up. You don't let them off the ropes, you don't let them out of the corner. If anything you pound them harder in order to finish them.

That being said, We've softened up the body, now is the time to start working the head. And to do that we focus on those on Judiciary and HGO that have not come out in support of us/opposition of the bill.

This ^^^^ Coke did this to Pepsi a while back in the 90s. They never let up, and we never made any ground. Of course neither did they, and we both lost money. But this is how it's done folks.... When your opponent comes up for air and asks for a drink of water, you jam a hose in his mouth and turn it on full blast......

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    There is no House version with amendments voted on!

He was being sarcastic. You are solid.

It's just like asking the starting line to let the other guys score a few, just cause we had a good quarter. We ain't won nothing yet. It's still a bad bill even if we score the things we talked about. And that is not certain, by any stretch.

The Governor is massively motivated and breaking arms. When the arms are gone, he's using heavy vases full of sand and making head shots.

We need to be alert. O'Malley is angry like a washed up supermodel with a projectile cell phone, aiming it at at a room service waiter who wouldn't trade an autograph for a tip because, "don't you know who I am!"

The House committee has done nothing formal yet.

I think there is still a better than average chance that the Senate version could get voted on as is in committee and rushed to the House floor. It would be done at the very last minute on the last day.

If the House were going to really water this thing down and try to pass a new version I think it would have come up in committee already.

You folks are closer to it than I am and maybe I am full blown paranoid. But I just think there is going to be a bums rush on the Senate bill.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I think we need another "Saturday", where we go there peaceably, greet them as they enter and rotate through the galleries quietly. We didn't have to say a word and they knew we meant business.

Whatdya think, Patrick?

Dwyer recommended that in his email today.
    We need to have citizens lobby each day this week. If you are available and willing to come to Annapolis, on any day this week- we need you to come and line up in the gallery and sit in the balcony as many of you did Saturday. It could have a very positive effect.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=o48ngscab&v=001qwhULkbmHDuLgr_3K_AEacO0aRpShoR3vwtUIT-vCchm2FKmRTJK-DFeixZHui7vq5-E39ZnckGeR6J38F7p5lSzthdAE0GisN2ZuXj9kAc%3D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I can ALMOST feel sympathy for the people on our side being swept along in the carpet bombing. But not quite

The Gov sees his ego and national level political asperations on the line , and as the end of the session he and the party leadership will go thermonueclear on the pressure. In the Senate on 281 among people we thought were on board we had one outright sudden reversal ( Brochen ) , and two try to use parlimentary slight of hand to backstab us while pretending to support us ( Middleton , DeGrange ) .

Anyone who doesn't have a long term record of introducing pro-gun bills , needs to realize we are paying attention until the end on this.

Of course we should be polite and reasonable in tone in our calls , letters , FAXs , emails , and Gallery visits. They wouldn't be in Office if they didn't have good political survival instincts , they know what our consequences will be without our being gauche about it.

I have tried to my my "stock" communication on each subtopic low key enough to merely reinforce our supporters w/o being overbearing , I'll consider making a two trac system with a * thank you for your continued support , we're counting on you to the wire * for our side.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    These legislators campaigned for their jobs. They know what the deal is. They awakened a sleeping giant. Keep the pressure on. We are only trying to counterbalance O'Malley's evil. We are the Good.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just curious what do you do when they sue for piece?

When they sue for peace you file a counter claim for libel, slander, intentional infliction of emotional distress, breach of contract, negligence, negligent misrepresentation, fraud, constructive fraud, malicious use of process, and every other cause of action you can find under the sun.

I've spent way more hours fighting this thing and keeping my friends and family informed about what is going on than I would have ever cared to. They are keeping this thing going, not me, and it is continuing to cause me grief.

So, when they decide to end this fight that they started, I will be willing to let up and declare a truce. Until the fat lady sings, I am going to continue to fight because I have already invested WAY too much time in this to stop fighting with less than 2 weeks to go.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Wasn't Dumais a co-sponsor too, and she has supposed changed her tune. So, keep on hounding the ones that agreed with this garbage to begin with. Who knows, maybe they will have an open mind, listen to both sides, and then understand that most of SB281 is a pile of crap.

I sent all 17 on the Judiciary committee a letter on Friday/Saturday. If just one thing can change one of their minds to go our way, that is a plus.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I think now that we are in the home stretch nerves are freying.. As I said reps are people and I think they know we are serious. So perhaps we can dial back the tempo a bit.

Since there is no central control, perhaps we can post here those that we can count on so we don't do over kill.

Hey whats up Chamberland

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom