• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    O'Malley is angry like a washed up supermodel with a projectile cell phone, aiming it at at a room service waiter who wouldn't trade an autograph for a tip because, "don't you know who I am!"

This made my morning. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, no way in Hell do we tone anything down. What I would suggest is that we pile thanks on our supporters as much as we pile opposition on those who still favor the bill. Let our new friends know that yes, they will get their coookiez for coming to teh dark side.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I still do some emails also, but you have to be very creative in your wording to evade the filtering. So far talking about visits to Annapolis and meeting everyone , and refering to the Govenor's Flagship Initive are getting thru, and they know what we mean.

Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    Personally I think "dialing back" the tempo is a bad idea. Legislators are very busy and right now I suspect many of them are remembering anything more than about 72 hours old as being well in the past. Any slowing down will be exploited by the opposition as a sign of weakness and loss of resolve, even though it isn't.

:party29: and :thumbsup:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Sent this AM:

Please vote against any and all bills that would restrict the Rights of law abiding citizens. As a gun owner and a competitive shooter, I am appalled of the falsehoods and outright lies being presented as facts when it comes to firearms and how they operate.

Please, do not let people who blatantly lie, control our freedoms and Rights.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    He was being sarcastic. You are solid.

It's just like asking the starting line to let the other guys score a few, just cause we had a good quarter. We ain't won nothing yet. It's still a bad bill even if we score the things we talked about. And that is not certain, by any stretch.

The Governor is massively motivated and breaking arms. When the arms are gone, he's using heavy vases full of sand and making head shots.

We need to be alert. O'Malley is angry like a washed up supermodel with a projectile cell phone, aiming it at at a room service waiter who wouldn't trade an autograph for a tip because, "don't you know who I am!"

Fut, Assault Cell Phone, is there no end to the dangers to our children. (and is the 2nd time Re-Chargeable Battery ?)

Assault Vase (Is the sound of a vase head shot 'Ming ...' ?).

and Insult Assault One on One meetings with the Governor in Chief.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I think now that we are in the home stretch nerves are freying.. As I said reps are people and I think they know we are serious. So perhaps we can dial back the tempo a bit.

Since there is no central control, perhaps we can post here those that we can count on so we don't do over kill.

This is how we lost Korea, remember? McArthur had the advantage after crossing the 38th, what do we do? We pull him out and reprimand him. Same goes with Iraq and Afghanistan, we tell our troops not to press, only fire if bullets are coming straight at you, lunacy if you want to win. Some of the greatest losses in the NFL in recent history has been from a team winning at half time only to come out in the second half playing "not to loose." We must always play to win, a tie is a loss.

Keep up the pressure, they volunteered for this job, if it's too tough for them then it's time for them to go.

lawlor

SheepDog
    Jan 28, 2013
    I think now that we are in the home stretch nerves are freying.. As I said reps are people and I think they know we are serious. So perhaps we can dial back the tempo a bit.

Since there is no central control, perhaps we can post here those that we can count on so we don't do over kill.

Dial it back?!?! No way! Why would we want to do that?

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    This is how we lost Korea, remember? McArthur had the advantage after crossing the 38th, what do we do? We pull him out and reprimand him.
    pretty sure we didn't remove MacArthur until around six months after China had entered the war.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    When I was a kid I got into a lot of fights. One thing I learned is that when you win, finish HARD. Leave them with the distinct impression that they NEVER want to fight you again.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    The first rule of a fight (and make no mistake, this is a fight) is once you have your opponent on his heals, you don't let up. You don't let them off the ropes, you don't let them out of the corner. If anything you pound them harder in order to finish them.

That being said, We've softened up the body, now is the time to start working the head. And to do that we focus on those on Judiciary and HGO that have not come out in support of us/opposition of the bill.

Military doctrine is that you reinforce success, not failure.

O'Malley is angry like a washed up supermodel with a projectile cell phone, aiming it at at a room service waiter who wouldn't trade an autograph for a tip because, "don't you know who I am!"

:lol2:

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    When I was a kid I got into a lot of fights. One thing I learned is that when you win, finish HARD. Leave them with the distinct impression that they NEVER want to fight you again.

And like Mohammed Ali, after handing out punishment, you say,
    "what's my name?"

I say, "Turn it up to 11"

prettyinpink

Mar 20, 2013
    West of salisbury
    It's a good idea to reach out to both sides. For the side that you agree with it good to let them know you support what they are doing and the other side you need to keep on them and telling them why they shouldn't support the bill. After going to the town hall meeting in salisbury and getting a better understanding of what they are trying to change I will definitely be spending my free time emailing some of these people on both sides.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    I believe it was Winston Churchill who said "we shall never give up...." So what is the problem? They have not quit so why are we even discussing backing off? If anything, now is the time to turn it up, WAY UP. :mad54:

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    good one :) There will be no peace even after the 9th - MD is massively violating 2A! They can repeal bans from before this session, get rid of the 7 day wait, and pass concealed carry...maybe then we will tone it down a bit!

my list of unknown positions from the relevant committees
    House Judiciary:
    Darren M. Swain - ext. 3692 darren.swain@house.state.md.us

House Health:
    John P. Donoghue - ext 3125 john.donoghue@house.state.md.us
    Dan K. Morhaim - ext 3054 dan.morhaim@house.state.md.us

(410) 841-xxxx, (301) 858-xxxx

Very Good Post. I'm pretty sure, at least I hope, most understand that this is just the starting point. Even if they give up, we need to work even harder to send as many of these liberty grabbing politicians home without a job in 2014.

If this legislation isn't our start point, and the gearing up of a MASSIVE political campaign It will IMO all end up a failure.

If we are not successful in this, it will be the obsolete end of liberty in MD IMO.

Last edited:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Very Good Post...

Thanks!

Here is a thread with a full list and spreadsheet of positions: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=108984

For now, I have been focusing on the 2 committees where the bill must pass before going to the Senate floor for a full vote. Time allowing, I get in calls and emails to “unknowns “and “opposes” on the House side that are not in these committees. Anyone who has the time and will to go to Annapolis and visit in person is very much encouraged to do so :) That is unless you support the bill - those people should stay home and do nothing hahaha!

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    Very Good Post. I'm pretty sure, at least I hope, most understand that this is just the starting point. Even if they give up, we need to work even harder to send as many of these liberty grabbing politicians home without a job in 2014.

If this legislation isn't our start point, and the gearing up of a MASSIVE political campaign It will be IMO all end up a failure.

If we are not successful in this, it will be the obsolete end of liberty in MD IMO.

This is what must be done, then work to undo past legislative mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom