• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I hate to say it, but I think that the Millennials are going to kill the 2A. 2 more generations is wishful thinking.

Very simple --- stop feeding them.

They have no useful function and will be underemployed thier entire lives.

Never forget that this country is run by people that work --- Stop working and it all stops.

Do you have the guts for that? If so don't worry about The Millennials-- just call them for what they are ---- its fun.. and it makes them think ... what happens when the food stops ask them that ..

Last edited:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    If you had told me this in the 60's or 70's I probably would have believed you. Now, at the state levels we have shall-issue(or constitutional carry) in over 40 states, 2 positive 2A SCOTUS opinions, support for a national handgun ban at an all time low, DiFi's assault weapons ban easily shot down in the Senate, and I can go on and on.
    While it's certainly not all roses, we're better off than we were in the 60's and 70's for sure.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    If you had told me this in the 60's or 70's I probably would have believed you. Now, at the state levels we have shall-issue(or constitutional carry) in over 40 states, 2 positive 2A SCOTUS opinions, support for a national handgun ban at an all time low, DiFi's assault weapons ban easily shot down in the Senate, and I can go on and on.
    While it's certainly not all roses, we're better off than we were in the 60's and 70's for sure.

Heston's didn't deliver that speech in the 60's or 70's, it was made during his tenure as NRA President; 1998-2003. The GunsSaveLives article links to the politically correct actions in schools and elsewhere that are happening now that mold the minds of our most venerable.
    • 8 Year Old Boy Suspended For Using His Finger as a Gun
    • 7th Grader Suspended For Having Tiny Gun Keychain
    • 9 Year Epileptic Boy Suspended Indefinitely For Allegedly Pretending Toy Was a Gun
    • Sixth Grade Honor Student Suspended for Making Gun Gesture With Hand
    • 11 Year Old Suspended, Family Questioned by Law Enforcement Because the Student TALKED About Guns
    • Multiple Students Suspended for Playing With Nerf Guns AFTER Teacher OK’d Them
    • 5 Yr Old Who Brought Cap Gun to School Interrogated for 2 Hours w/o Parents Until He Peed Himself
    • Kindergartener Disciplined for Bringing LEGO Gun the Size of a Quarter to School
    • 7 Year Old Suspended for Holding Pencil “Like a Gun”
    • Middle School Student Suspended and Arrested For Wearing NRA T-Shirt to School
    • 6 Yr Old Suspended for TALKING About TOY Guns
    • Michigan Schools Shut Down b/c Former Student, Now Working For Air Force, Entered School Wearing His Work Camo
    • 3 FL High School Students Tackle Gunman on School Bus, All 3 Are Suspended From School
    • 7 Year Old Suspended For Chewing Pastry Into Shape of Gun
    • 7 Year Old Boy Suspended After Tossing Imaginary Grenade at Imaginary Evil Forces
    • Student Suspended for Photo of Gun Set as Computer Desktop Background
    • Kindergartner Suspended, Forced to go to Psychologist for Threatening Student – With Pink Bubble Gun
    • Maryland School Suspends 6 Yr Old Student For Making Gun Shape With His Hand & Saying “Pow”
    • Girl in Elementary School Searched in Front of Classmates for Bringing Paper Gun to School
    In an address at Harvard Law School Heston said, "Political correctness is tyranny with manners." That the students were "the most socially conformed and politically silenced generation since Concord Bridge".

Heston's speech stresses that exact point. While great strides have been made in our generation, we need to think of the future and reflect on how much our children are influenced contrary to what we believe and have fought for. I'll be long gone if before it happens, or IF it happens, but that IF depends on what we do now to stop it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Additional observations ...

Walter E. Williams on TownHall.com -
    Are Guns the Problem?

He's speaking about recent history regarding youth, society, and guns ...

Customs, traditions, moral values and rules of etiquette, not just laws and government regulations, are what make for a civilized society, not restraints on inanimate objects. These behavioral norms -- transmitted by example, word of mouth and religious teachings -- represent a body of wisdom distilled through ages of experience, trial and error, and looking at what works. The benefit of having customs, traditions and moral values as a means of regulating behavior is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. In other words, it's morality that is society's first line of defense against uncivilized behavior.

What's worse is that instead of trying to return to what worked, progressives want to replace what worked with what sounds good or what seems plausible, such as more gun locks, longer waiting periods and stricter gun possession laws. Then there's progressive mindlessness "cures," such as "zero tolerance" for schoolyard recess games such as cops and robbers and cowboys and Indians, shouting "bang bang," drawing a picture of a pistol, making a gun out of Lego pieces, and biting the shape of a gun out of a Pop-Tart. This kind of unadulterated lunacy -- which focuses on an inanimate object such as a gun instead of on morality, self-discipline and character -- will continue to produce disappointing results.

The kind of 'disappointing results' that Heston warned of ...

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Liberals gleefully state how the conservative base (white men) is shrinking. And they're right. I just don't think they're going to like what America looks like once the white men (who I believe have held society together) are gone.

This government shutdown crisis is just one step toward the civil war I've said is inevitable for over a decade now.

The left clearly expects conservatives to fold on every issue important to them (gun rights, government spending, taxes, and so on). That's because when you get down to it, liberals don't believe that conservatism is a legitimate set of beliefs, but beliefs based on "mean spirited, irrational bigotry." They see every liberal advance (same sex marriage, abortion, guns, health care) as "society finally coming around."

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis

I agree. Illinois just got ccw. There are only a few bad apples in the tree.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Very simple --- stop feeding them.

They have no useful function and will be underemployed there entire lives.

Never forget that this country is run by people that work --- Stop working and it all stops.

Do you have the guts for that? If so don't worry about The Millennials-- just call them for what they are ---- its fun.. and it makes them think ... what happens when the food stops ask them that ..

c'mon, I'm technically a Millennial (aka "Generation Y"). I have 1 1/2 jobs and work hard at both. I support 2A wholeheartedly.

I also feed myself and my family with our chickens, fruit trees, garden and homemade bread. I'm hoping to get into beekeeping soon too. It'll take a lot to starve us out.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    I think you'd be surprised how many people in their 20s are on this board, or go to rallies to support our rights, or even how many who don't go to rallies or frequent this board but still support the 2A.

Yes, I'm in my 20s myself, and I see what most of my peers are like. Most of my peers are utterly concerned about anything other than same sex "marriage."

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Yes, I'm in my 20s myself, and I see what most of my peers are like. Most of my peers are utterly concerned about anything other than same sex "marriage."

Sounds like you need different peers bro. I'm also in my 20s. I know more people for us then against us and my social network (lol) runs from pretty far across MD. Even at college I've been pleasantly surprised by how many people support the 2A.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    For now. Once the current people in their 20s are in charge, this will all change rapidly.

I wouldn't be so quick to denounce the twnety somethings. Are you in your twenties? Do you speak on their behalf? As much as I am disappointed in society as a whole lately, my generation especially, there does seem to be at least a glimmer of hope left. With every advance the left makes, the more they motivate and often times turn people in my generation MORE towards the right. It seems to me more and more the left is running out of steam on a lot of issues because the same people they cater to are the least motivated to actually do anything. Every fire starts as a small spark, its not untill it is fanned enough that it becomes a blaze. Let us just hope that it doesn't take too much fanning.

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I wouldn't be so quick to denounce the twnety somethings. Are you in your twenties? Do you speak on their behalf? As much as I am disappointed in society as a whole lately, my generation especially, there does seem to be at least a glimmer of hope left. With every advance the left makes, the more they motivate and often times turn people in my generation MORE towards the right. It seems to me more and more the left is running out of steam on a lot of issues because the same people they cater to are the least motivated to actually do anything. Every fire starts as a small spark, its not untill it is fanned enough that it becomes a blaze. Let us just hope that it doesn't take too much fanning.

Exactly. This has been my experience. And not just young people. A lot of the older people at my college as well.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Something else to keep in mind, conservatism is created out of some sort of hardship in life. How long it takes to create is dependant upon the individual and the duration and severity of the hardship. It's no secret that the twenty somethings and their children are going to be among the first generations of Americans that may actually have it harder in life than their parents did. If you grow up having to work for everything and save for things, you are less likely to want to give Shit away all the time for free.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013

Yes, I'm in my 20s. I agree the left's advances are increasing the motivations of the few remaining conservatives, but the real question is whether those people will be willing to fight when push comes to shove. Will they be willing to die for what they believe in? I know I am, but I don't know about most Americans who are unconcerned with anything other than their daily lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom