• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I'm out of here in one hour. I've been waiting for this morning since the last time I was waiting for this morning. I hope you hunters out there that are getting out this first three days have some great luck. I'm not much of a morning hunter for Deer, but, I'm going. I don't honestly expect to see anything this morning, but, this afternoon is going to be my primary objective.

I'm really excited about this year because I have been seeing a lot of nice Bucks and some really healthy Does on the farm the past few months and I'm impatiently awaiting for Sunrise.

Have fun, be safe out there and report back.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I'm out of here in one hour. I've been waiting for this morning since the last time I was waiting for this morning. I hope you hunters out there that are getting out this first three days have some great luck. I'm not much of a morning hunter for Deer, but, I'm going. I don't honestly expect to see anything this morning, but, this afternoon is going to be my primary objective.

I'm really excited about this year because I have been seeing a lot of nice Bucks and some really healthy Does on the farm the past few months and I'm impatiently awaiting for Sunrise.

Have fun, be safe out there and report back.

Good luck.

Does muzzleloader season run from today to this Saturday or next Saturday?

Vandy

Feb 27, 2007
    Churchton, MD
    Today through Saturday is either sex. Then, next Monday through Saturday is antlerless. You can bow hunt on private land in some counties on Sunday.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    With the cold front tomorrow, and I mean high 63 cold front, should get some deer active. The past couple times out, they have been lackadasical.

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    Been in tree since 530. Seen 10 deer with one big doe on ground already. Waiting for some nice buck to come out now. Dorchester co near Vienna is where I'm at. Black powder is a fun season. Usually see a lot of deer. I could use some cooler weather tho...

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    I was in a tree at 530 this morning then headed out at 730 to make it to work. Unfortunately I only saw 3 doe walking out of the woods, no bucks unfortunately. I see 4 dang squirrels running around me while I was there. Hoping to get some more time in this evening. You really cant beat some quiet and peaceful sunrises and sunsets in the woods. One thing to note, on public land in the western region its Antlered deer only and good luck out there!

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Well this AM was a complete bust. As I expected it to be. I saw the resident Doe and Fawn on the edge of the field when I go there at 6:30. The problem with the farm has always been early moving Deer. All you can do is try to get in there and be quiet doing it. I never expect much from morning hunts.

I sat in the rain for about an hour, or I should say it rained, but, my ground blind has a really nice roof on it. I have roof on the evening hunt ground blind too, so, let'er rain this afternoon I don't care.

I will be back out there afternoon / evening with the video camera rolling. I have a 6 and 8 point that like to come out in one particular corner every evening, so, that's the game plan for today.

I saw a few guys hunting the 7 Ponds property of Myrtle Grove down by the sewer plant, but, only heard one shot all morning that sounded like a muzzleloader about 8:30AM I guess it was. Someone over on the south Myrtle Grove property pulled off 4 shots in a matter of 3 seconds. Certainly not a muzzleloader and it was only 7 AM, so, I'm not sure what that dude was shooting at with a shotgun.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I was in a tree at 530 this morning then headed out at 730 to make it to work. Unfortunately I only saw 3 doe walking out of the woods, no bucks unfortunately. I see 4 dang squirrels running around me while I was there. Hoping to get some more time in this evening. You really cant beat some quiet and peaceful sunrises and sunsets in the woods. One thing to note, on public land in the western region its Antlered deer only and good luck out there!

Geez I don't get to farm until 6:30. There' no legal shooting light until about 7 on the nose. You should take up Raccoon hunting LOL

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Morning was pretty good here. Had a very young deer, small 4pt, walk up within 15 feet of me and I was on the ground. Saw a second good sized deer about 250 yds out. Was hoping he would come in a little closer but he roamed back in the woods before I could get a decent shot. All of this between 7-7:30.

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    Geez I don't get to farm until 6:30. There' no legal shooting light until about 7 on the nose. You should take up Raccoon hunting LOL

It is pretty early lol i wanted to get in there and setup to allow time for things to come back around that area in case i scared them off. Also hoping i would be cooled down and not stinking up the place by daylight haha.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Slowest opening day ever! Only heard 3 shots and 1 of them was one of my hunting buddies with a large doe. Should have brought my 22 for the squirrels.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I saw four bucks.

My last kill was a buck.

Gotta kill 2 does first.

Going back out in a few hours.

As for hearing other hunters, just one shot.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Slowest opening day ever! Only heard 3 shots and 1 of them was one of my hunting buddies with a large doe. Should have brought my 22 for the squirrels.

LOL yeah I had a thought this morning. I figure Congress called everyone back to work on opening day. Makes me think the Government is Anti-Muzzleloader. I got a call from a buddy of mine who got called back in this morning. He was pissed. He was hoping the government would be shut down for at least another week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom