• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2W171

Sep 29, 2005
    I had browsed this place a few months ago finally decided I'd drop in to greet my fellow Capital Region Marylanders. It's great for someone like me (a relative newbie) to have a place to interact with knowledgeable, responsible, and law-abiding (I would think) owners in my area. Probably won't have time to be on here too frequently, but lookin' forward to the time that I am.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Welcome aboard.....I think that you'll be suprised at how many of us are out there. A bunch of MD folks also hang out at thehighroad.org. More traffic over there too.

If interested, we are having two group shoots coming up:

Maryland Shall Issue will be having a get together at On Target in Severn next Tuesday at 7pm. I won't be there because of work but these are all nice folks and you should make an effort to get to know everyone before our annual trek to Annapolis when the antis start their shenanigans again.

There is also a rifle shoot in the works for October 9th up at Elk neck in Cecil County. Mostly the same folks, just bigger guns this time :party29: I will be at this one.

2W171

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Norton. I appreciate the heads up on the coming events as well.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Welcome to Mdshooters. Where do you hail from in Md? Are you from the Baltimore area, the D.C. area, Western Md, Eastern Shore, or from Southern Md?

2W171

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome DD214. I've got a few of those forms myself.

To answer your question, Novus, I've spent most of my life in PG County...Oxon Hill to be exact. Okay, I'm ready, let's hear it. :o

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    2W171 said:

To answer your question, Novus, I've spent most of my life in PG County...Oxon Hill to be exact. Okay, I'm ready, let's hear it. :o

Heh, heh... :innocent0

That's almost too easy:

What are the fall fashions in Kevlar looking like this season?
    How would you rate your car jacker's service today?

Since I teach in PG I guess that qualifies me to share in some good natured ribbing...... :party29:

2W171

Sep 29, 2005
    Haha...those were pretty good. At least you were a little creative, compared to the stuff I'm used to hearing. Honestly, the area in which I live would not be so bad if it were not for the high school nearby and all of the truant traffic it generates.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    2W171 said:
    Haha...those were pretty good. At least you were a little creative, compared to the stuff I'm used to hearing. Honestly, the area in which I live would not be so bad if it were not for the high school nearby and all of the truant traffic it generates.

They're not truant....they're getting off for good behavior :lol2:

If I have to run across the street from school to get something, it's a guarantee that I'll see at least 10-20 kids hanging out.....mostly at the Starbuck's

2W171

Sep 29, 2005
    Good behavior, that's hilarious. But really seriously, there ARE some positive things about living where I do. I mean, on top of the 24x7 exercise in situational awareness, I doubt you'll find many other places where you can get authentic signature Chinese food delivered to your door at 2am. Steak-n-cheese eggroll anyone?

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011

Not worth it. If you want a lighter trigger then just get the JP Springs for $10 and use them on the QMS. Just remember, a lighter spring on a combat rifle isn't always a good thing. If you want a match rifle then Yea, I'd say take it down to 3 pounds. The 5 pound Springs on the QMS though are light enough for a combat rifle. The lighter Springs also may cause light strikes on steel case ammo if you plan on using it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Not worth it. If you want a lighter trigger then just get the JP Springs for $10 and use them on the QMS. Just remember, a lighter spring on a combat rifle isn't always a good thing. If you want a match rifle then Yea, I'd say take it down to 3 pounds. The 5 pound Springs on the QMS though are light enough for a combat rifle. The lighter Springs also may cause light strikes on steel case ammo if you plan on using it.

Zombie! Lol

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Holy shiznits. How did I come across this. I would have never browsed that far. I only browse through the first page. I wonder why this was showing up. This is odd.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I just noticed. That's not even the post I was supposed to quote. Must be some kind of glitch.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join the fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Attached Images

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics