• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Claim unlawful to sell with standard mag..

Even funnier they think the limit is 15 rounds.

Shame decent price..

Save yourself a trip.. and factor accordingly.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Funny I'm actually going up there in about an hour for some other things and was gonna look at one if they had it....

That's just dumb. How hard is it for them to give the employees a sheet of surrounding state laws so they aren't turning away business

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Easy enough to find DE FFL who can read and take time to understand.

If they don't have a 15-22 in stock, just order from Kentucky or Sportsmans for the transfer and gtg.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Claim unlawful to sell with standard mag..

Even funnier they think the limit is 15 rounds.

Shame decent price..

Save yourself a trip.. and factor accordingly.

But yet you could go over and buy 30 or 40 round pmags until your bank account is dry :innocent0

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I was there recently talking to a gun counter guy. He said it was illegal for him to sell me any firearm with a mag over 10rds. It was also store policy not to remove mags then sell the gun which I understand due to inventory issues. However he said that I could buy any capacity mags off the self I wanted. I even explained how I have purchased firearms with >10rd mags in other states. He insisted that I was wrong and that those consisted of 2 purchases, one for the gun and one for the mag. Apparently I was unaware this guy happened to be present for these transactions.

I asked him if he thought that made any sence to which he kept replying that it was the law. I pointed out that it was nothing more then store policy and not the law and that he was spreading misinformation.

This is just ignorance on their end...

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Did something change? I thought they were going to treat us poor Marylanders fairly?

Feb 28, 2013
    Well, this is certainly a kick in the ass to read since I bought an AR from a PA FFL with 20 rd mags.

But no suprise at all. :sad20:

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Easy enough to find DE FFL who can read and take time to understand.

If they don't have a 15-22 in stock, just order from Kentucky or Sportsmans for the transfer and gtg.

Could you provide a link to the statue that states it's legal to buy a >10 mag with a firearm outside of md? My understanding (possibly incorrect) is that the law states that purchasing a firearm with a mag capacity >10 is not lawful....but that possession of >10 mag is not unlawful .....therefore it's is most likely a corporate/legal dept decision by cabelas to simply follow the law as written not to jeopardize their stores future for a $400 sale net profit of 10%?.....I'm sure a single location ffl in "small town,pa/de without a legal team to make his decisions may not have a problem with rolling the dice on the transaction.......but as far as cabelas the decision is not made by the guy at the counter or dept manager or even the store manner....so blaming them is a little silly.... Since "voting with $$" has been mentioned....taking all the property/income tax/housing costs etc you guys continue to donate to the ones actually infringing your rights to another state would make more of a difference than the $40 lost revenue to a store that's simply complying with the law from your rulers that you guts are essentially funding...lol :innocent0

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Could you provide a link to the statue that states it's legal to buy a >10 mag with a firearm outside of md? My understanding (possibly incorrect) is that the law states that purchasing a firearm with a mag capacity >10 is not lawful....but that possession of >10 mag is not unlawful .....therefore it's is most likely a corporate/legal dept decision by cabelas to simply follow the law as written not to jeopardize their stores future for a $400 sale net profit of 10%?.....I'm sure a single location ffl in "small town,pa/de without a legal team to make his decisions may not have a problem with rolling the dice on the transaction.......but as far as cabelas the decision is not made by the guy at the counter or dept manager or even the store manner....so blaming them is a little silly.... Since "voting with $$" has been mentioned....taking all the property/income tax/housing costs etc you guys continue to donate to the ones actually infringing your rights to another state would make more of a difference than the $40 lost revenue to a store that's simply complying with the law from your rulers that you guts are essentially funding...lol :innocent0

Can you tell me how MD law is applicable in DE....?

Mr H

Banana'd
    PJD...

It's irrelevant, IMO...

The rifle is legal to purchase in MD... in DE it's also legal. GTG

The magazine is treated separately. Not legal for sale/purchase/transfer IN MD, but ok to buy OOS and bring in.

There is no legal reason for Cabela's not to make this sale.

Policy?? 'nuther story... and they should be called on it

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge

MD isn't smart enough to write a law that specific. There is no way they said jacksh about guns with mags.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I'm confused ...:confused:Then why are they not available for sale in md?

Because MD does not BAN POSSESSION. MD Bans the sale within its own borders. MD cannot regulate sales in other states if it does not forbid possession. They also have no law forbidding TRANSPORTING them into MD making it legal to purchase and transport back. It has been this way for many many many years now there is nothing new about the law other than limiting instate purchases to 10 rounds.

These dumb shits have no clue and if they don't know then they should ask instead of insisting they know. Look, its their store and their prerogative and if they don't want my money I will find someone who can interpret the law properly and spend there. I don't have the patience to drive out of my way to be turned around at the store because someone is uneducated or ignorant..

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

No snarky or legal reply here.

You can only possess certain fireams in MD (law).
    You cannot buy mags over 10 rounds in MD, but may possess standard capacity mags (law).
    This means, you can buy MD legal to possess and standard capacity mags in DE.

Consult attorneys for legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom