• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    In the retail spot for lease between Wendy's and 7 Eleven?
    The Fields Road Center

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Congratulations on your move. My first handgun purchase was at your store as were a few subsequent ones too. I'll definitely come by to check your new store when you are all set up.

Cal68

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just drove past there an hour ago. Hopefully they’ll be taking all three of those empty retail fronts. That’s going to be a big store!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So that is for sure where they are going? When is the grand Re-opening?

From an email they sent out to customers:

"After 60 years in downtown Silver Spring and 37 years in Rockville we are excited to announce a new chapter in our 70 year history. We will be relocating both of our current stores to a larger location at 15813 Frederick Road, two miles north of our current Rockville store. All phone numbers and email contact information will remain the same. The new store will give us the opportunity to expand our product lines and provide better access and parking for our customers.

The last day the Silver Spring store will be open is Saturday August 29th. Our current Rockville store will remain open until we open our new location, which will take place on or about September 14.

We are contacting customers who have applications in process, layways, deposits or repairs to arrange for delivery, which can take place before we relocate or at our new location.

We are very excited about this move and hope all old and new customers and friends will visit us once we reopen. Please visit our website: atlanticguns.com for updates and information."

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Derwood's getting on the map!

****Derwood has been on the map for some time!!! :thumbsup:

They had a McDonalds, a Wendy's AND an Erols video store within a few hundred feet of each other! This was before King Farm was built, and before I had nightmares literally every two years trying to get my hot rodded newer cars to pass emissions inspection at the Derwood circle VEIP dyno test....

I remember having to take apart my exhaust to install TWO catalytic convertors, as I had dual exhaust, and to dump dry gas into the tank, warmer plugs, and tune the carb so lean the car would barely run. I had welded shut the EGR ports on the heads but left the valve on the manifold in case they did a visual inspection. The big duration cam did not help things, nor did having no functioning air pump that the car originally had from the factory... :innocent0

Good times... I brought a mini tubbed out, shoe horned big block Chevy Malibu (a 396!!!, big valve heads!) that was titled as a 1980 Chevy Malibu to that station and it had a strip transmission that would just BANG gears and remember the poor lady doing the dyno test not understanding why the rolller would slip every gear change.... Somehow, by the grace of God it passed emissions! And, the lady didn't seem to notice that the little Malibu had a Big Block Chevy motor in it with Dart aluminum heads and Hooker Headers.... :innocent0

Derwood. There wasn't much there back in the late 80's. Now, with Atlantic Guns moving in, I wonder how the King Farm people, full of upper middle class liberals will deal once they see a GUN store selling GUNS across the street from little bitty children.... :shocked3:

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    First location was in downtown DC! Looking forward to seeing the new place.
    attachment.php
    Oh cool. Where in DC was that?

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    ****Derwood has been on the map for some time!!! :thumbsup:

They had a McDonalds, a Wendy's AND an Erols video store within a few hundred feet of each other! This was before King Farm was built, and before I had nightmares literally every two years trying to get my hot rodded newer cars to pass emissions inspection at the Derwood circle VEIP dyno test....

I remember having to take apart my exhaust to install TWO catalytic convertors, as I had dual exhaust, and to dump dry gas into the tank, warmer plugs, and tune the carb so lean the car would barely run. I had welded shut the EGR ports on the heads but left the valve on the manifold in case they did a visual inspection. The big duration cam did not help things, nor did having no functioning air pump that the car originally had from the factory... :innocent0

Good times... I brought a mini tubbed out, shoe horned big block Chevy Malibu (a 396!!!, big valve heads!) that was titled as a 1980 Chevy Malibu to that station and it had a strip transmission that would just BANG gears and remember the poor lady doing the dyno test not understanding why the rolller would slip every gear change.... Somehow, by the grace of God it passed emissions! And, the lady didn't seem to notice that the little Malibu had a Big Block Chevy motor in it with Dart aluminum heads and Hooker Headers.... :innocent0

Derwood. There wasn't much there back in the late 80's. Now, with Atlantic Guns moving in, I wonder how the King Farm people, full of upper middle class liberals will deal once they see a GUN store selling GUNS across the street from little bitty children.... :shocked3:

ha, big kit transmission are the best aren't they? I had a slow 96 Tbird (Low 14s) I built in the mid 2000s, it had a super snappy converter and a disgusting shift kit. I strapped that to the dyno at my school and it spun the shift on the rollers.

That 200 or so horsepower car would spin wheels on the 1-2 shift at half throttle, and would shift into wheelspin from 30mph and slower. It was kind of a hoot of a car.

yeah with a bus depot so close, I mean the far right terrorism could infect the buses and ruining all those impressionable minds! WHAT SHALL BE DONE!

The shop will probably be left alone, the Rockville shop isn't far from there, so I cannot see anyone caring at all really. Those poor souls who bought the 700k townhouses up on Gude probably have to worry about making payment more then they have to worry about what other people are doing.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The shop will probably be left alone, the Rockville shop isn't far from there, so I cannot see anyone caring at all really.

I guarantee that a whole lot of mid-county residents who have NO IDEA that Atlantic is currently secreted away in a strip mall tucked away out of sight off the pike will be shocked, SHOCKED when that shiny new sign and storefront directly faces a very busy hunk of 355. You can bet Moms Demanding Outrage will suddenly awaken to this new existential threat. I sure hope Atlantic sends up a flare if they ever need any public voices of support, some social media level headedness chiming in, etc. Cuz, there will be a ripple of OMG-ness among the snowflakes, as there always is.

I recall the high-end gun shop that tried to open in Bethesda some years back. Basically got run out of town by activist Mommy types. And that was a tweed-and-double-gun kind of operation! Wishing Atlantic the very brightest future and peace in the kingdom. Can’t wait to see the new joint.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I guarantee that a whole lot of mid-county residents who have NO IDEA that Atlantic is currently secreted away in a strip mall tucked away out of sight off the pike will be shocked, SHOCKED when that shiny new sign and storefront directly faces a very busy hunk of 355. You can bet Moms Demanding Outrage will suddenly awaken to this new existential threat. I sure hope Atlantic sends up a flare if they ever need any public voices of support, some social media level headedness chiming in, etc. Cuz, there will be a ripple of OMG-ness among the snowflakes, as there always is.

I recall the high-end gun shop that tried to open in Bethesda some years back. Basically got run out of town by activist Mommy types. And that was a tweed-and-double-gun kind of operation! Wishing Atlantic the very brightest future and peace in the kingdom. Can’t wait to see the new joint.

You can see the "ATLANTIC GUNS' Sign right off 355 that you can see. It bothers me how modern society these days this ideology of worrying about what other people do is in a ton

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,

I hope by being out front and in there face like that doesn't cause them problems going forward . Both shops are kind of out of the way now but being out on 355 will be like rubbing there noses in it .

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Found it! The original Atlantic Guns was on 14th St NW. The glass display case is still there.

So how is that neighborhood these days?

So slowly but surely over the decades Atlantic is being pushed north and west. I guess if given enough time they will end up in West Virginia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom