• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    As I’m sure you can imagine, it has been a difficult and very sad week; nevertheless I wanted to complete this thread with posts containing the spoken and written words that we were honored to receive from our memorial speakers.

I began the memorial service by welcoming all those assembled, which included my family and many members of MDS and Patriot Picket:

“What we plan to do is to have the memorial service on this side [in front of Lawyers Mall], and then cross the street to pick up all the flags and banners and anything you want to carry on the march.

MigraineMan from Maryland Shooters is going to be our Color Bearer in a moment [for the Pledge of Allegiance] and he is also going to lead the candlelight march [after the memorial service].

If you’ll just follow him and the flag he will take the proper direction with the flag when we begin to march later.

At this time I would like to introduce my family: my family is here.

I feel very blessed that my mother is here, Jeff’s daughter Ansley is here with her boyfriend Dave, my nephew Drew, and my brother Clay.

Thank you for being here; I’m so glad that my family can be here to see this, because most of them frankly had no idea.

So I’m grateful for that.

What I would like to do now is to have Gryphon from Maryland Shooters lead a short prayer for the service.”

Attachments

• CB1BA5C0-B39B-4D6C-BBCA-1230EE40235E.jpg
      CB1BA5C0-B39B-4D6C-BBCA-1230EE40235E.jpg
      111 KB · Views: 321
    • 923DFDFE-ECF6-499C-8729-7FD877CCA3DB.jpg
      923DFDFE-ECF6-499C-8729-7FD877CCA3DB.jpg
      52.4 KB · Views: 286
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Me: “What I’d like to do now is have Gryphon from Maryland Shooters [and a Patriot Picket co-captain] lead a short prayer for this service.”

Gryphon: “Good evening, and to double down on what Kevin said, thank you all for coming.

Kevin and his brother Jeff, and Paul [Stoveman] and I, as well as a good number of you all here tonight were out here on the very first [Patriot Picket demonstration] night several years ago and started this thing off.

Thank you all for coming.”

Gryphon reads our Opening Prayer:

“Our brother Jeff, beloved member of his family, grew to become a husband and father, and a true friend to so many who are gathered here today.

There are many noting his sad passing across this country.

We thank you Lord for Jeff’s life, for his spirit of love and fellowship, for his keen understanding of our sacred American rights under our Constitution.

We thank you Lord for watching over Jeff for all the years after his terminal medical diagnosis, the years in which he instead chose to live his life to the fullest and created Patriot Picket.

We are grateful to You for these special years.

Lord, our brother Jeff came to know You better too during those years, and loved his local church family.

Thank you for allowing Jeff to know the many good people in all the organizations he was associated with.

We thank you for giving Jeff his indomitable spirit, a spirit that carried him through so many painful medical treatments, yet we saw him returning to the field of our battles each time with renewed courage, energy and conviction.

We thank you Lord for all those assembled here today, we ask blessings over all of us and watch over all of us as we continue on in the spirit Jeff embodied, a spirit we so much admired: his desire to do good, and to be right, and to trust in You.

Amen”

Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Song

Me: “What I’d like to do now is have Gryphon from Maryland Shooters [and a Patriot Picket co-captain] lead a short prayer for this service.”

Gryphon: “Good evening, and to double down on what Kevin said, thank you all for coming.

Kevin and his brother Jeff, and Paul [Stoveman] and I, as well as a good number of you all here tonight were out here on the very first [Patriot Picket demonstration] night several years ago and started this thing off.

Thank you all for coming.”

Gryphon reads our Opening Prayer:

“Our brother Jeff, beloved member of his family, grew to become a husband and father, and a true friend to so many who are gathered here today.

There are many noting his sad passing across this country.

We thank you Lord for Jeff’s life, for his spirit of love and fellowship, for his keen understanding of our sacred American rights under our Constitution.

We thank you Lord for watching over Jeff for all the years after his terminal medical diagnosis, the years in which he instead chose to live his life to the fullest and created Patriot Picket.

We are grateful to You for these special years.

Lord, our brotherJeff came to know You better too during those years, and loved his local church family.

Thank you for allowing Jeff to know the many good people in all the organizations he was associated with.

We thank you for giving Jeff his indomitable spirit, a spirit that carried him through so many painful medical treatments, yet we saw him returning to the field of our battles each time with renewed courage, energy and conviction.

We thank you Lord for all those assembled here today, we ask blessings over all of us and watch over all of us as we continue on in the spirit Jeff embodied, a spirit we so much admired: his desire to do good, and to be right, and to trust in You.

Amen”

Please put the song on this thread, as well my friend.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Presenting the Colors and Pledge of Allegiance

“Now I would like to introduce the Bearer of the Colors tonight who has a story to tell, MigraineMan from Maryland Shooters, if you would come forward to the mic.”

MigraineMan:

“Ladies and gentlemen, Patriots, my fellow Americans:

Kevin contacted me last week and asked me to say a few words here and I immediately accepted, but I had to pause because - - it wasn’t for lack of what I would say - - but the momentous task of distilling it down to just a few words.

I’m here today to try to explain why this flag has been part of the Patriot Picket.

I actually picked this flag out of a pile of trash at the Frederick County landfill.

This made us furious: we took it to our son’s Boy Scout troop and we did a flag project [to restore it] and through that we flew the flag at the Winchester Hall where the Frederick county executive is, at the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office, and we took it to Arlington National Cemetary and had the Sentinels fly it at Arlington.

After the flag project finished I talked to Jeff and I said I would like to bring this flag into the Patriot Picket fold, and expand and continue basically showing the colors, there was no point in retiring it.

We took it to Baltimore for [US Army] Capt. Philip Brown’s unaccompanied serviceman internment, we took it down to Annapolis - - it has flown here - - we took it to the White House, we flew it in front of the Capitol building, we flew it in front of the Washington Monument and all over the Capital.

At the end of February one of Jeff’s last outings, one of the last outing he took down to DC, we shot a video with this flag in front of Nancy Pelosi‘s wall in an effort to pressure our lawmakers to take the wall down from around the Capitol.

This flag is seen some duty, it is part of us, and it is an extension of Jeff and it is really a cool thing to have, and we are going to keep flying it.

So if you would now join me in the Pledge of Allegiance.”

Attachments

• 5627C9EB-72AD-4B11-8449-41F77CEE158F.jpg
      5627C9EB-72AD-4B11-8449-41F77CEE158F.jpg
      92.8 KB · Views: 299
    • 1B1604B1-6FBB-4595-9A53-18631317C43E.jpg
      1B1604B1-6FBB-4595-9A53-18631317C43E.jpg
      48.9 KB · Views: 294
    • 369E761A-D09A-4BA3-A96F-D2CF50BF98BA.jpg
      369E761A-D09A-4BA3-A96F-D2CF50BF98BA.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 312
    • CCC38B69-8C67-4264-8279-39ADA4B758A4.jpg
      CCC38B69-8C67-4264-8279-39ADA4B758A4.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 301

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    “Jeff Buys a Gun 2004”

“Now we begin our speaker sessions, people who want to remember Jeff, and I’m the first one.

I’m going to tell a little bit about our family to get it started, and my segment is called “Jeff buys a gun.”

Jeff’s life began in Montgomery County, it began like mine did, of course.

Our family has been in Montgomery County for about 200 years, we felt devoted to Montgomery County.

First, we went to public school there, and we went to Montgomery College there.

We began to work there, we did everything there for the first part of our lives.

Jeff went away to the University of Georgia, graduated with a degree in journalism.

That’s why he did such a good job with his journalism for “The Truth About Guns” website, and writing on our website.

What’s interesting about our family is that we have family members [our ancestors] in both Maryland and Virginia, and many of you know that Jeff practiced his activism a lot in Maryland and Virginia.

Because on our mother’s side of the family, one side fought for the Union, and the other side rode with Mosby’s Raiders in the Shenandoah.

So Jeff has a lot of personality in his genes, and whatever rebelliousness there is, it’s genetic.

Some of you who lived in the area 30 years ago might’ve seen him as an anchor man at what is now FOX5 - - back then WTTG Channel 5 - - he was a weekend anchor there.

Jeff rose up through the small [TV news] media markets in the south, as a one-man photo journalist, carrying his own [TV video] camera and tripod, and doing his own stories, and he worked his way all the way to the top, where he jumped his way out of the top at Channel 5 because they wanted Brian Williams to take his place.

I think it was a bad decision [to hire Brian Williams], but that’s what they did.

Jeff decided after that to go independent, created his own business, created his own career, worked for himself, he kept a hand in journalism, and he kept writing.

Around 2004 he bought himself a “marine-coat” Mossberg 500 shotgun which he would bring down to Virginia and he would shoot the heck out of it.

Jeff enjoyed target shooting with that shotgun, and then he began going to gun shows in Virginia with me.

During that time I got more interested in firearms, and I purchased my first firearm, and we continued to purchase firearms.

We got more and more interested in firearms law, and discovered the difficulty with the firearms laws in Virginia, versus the farms laws in Maryland.

So it was at the gun shows that we met Dick Heller, around 2009, one year after Dick won his momentous case in the Supreme Court in 2008.

We became friends with Dick Heller and talked with him over the years, and I asked Dick to write a letter for us, because he could not be here tonight.

I asked him if he could write something to read to you and he did give it to me.

Attachments

• A92539AE-640C-4768-A0D8-A17D30B75572.jpg
      A92539AE-640C-4768-A0D8-A17D30B75572.jpg
      49.6 KB · Views: 288

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Dick Heller: “Remembering Jeff Hulbert”

“Friends,

I deeply regret that I cannot be with you tonight in Annapolis to celebrate the life of our brother, and my good friend, Jeff Hulbert.

Jeff and I have been buddies for many years, going back to about 2009.

Kevin reminded me that this is when we began our regular chats at Virginia gun shows, the year after I won my case at the Supreme Court in “DC vs. Heller” in 2008.

As you might imagine, two mid-50’s gun-guy twins talking at a gun show table are difficult to forget!

I quickly came to know Jeff as a ball of fire; like me, Jeff was disgusted that the overbearing government was leeching away our rights.

In June 2010 we were all together when we posed for pictures on the Plaza of the Supreme Court with 2A plaintiff Otis McDonald, and we were joined by Second Amendment Foundation VP Alan Gottlieb.

It was the memorable decision day in McDonald v. Chicago, when the Court handed down their ruling which incorporated the “Heller Decision” under the 14th Amendment, and applied it to the States.

What a day!

Years later Jeff had an inspiring insight, and founded Patriot Picket to demonstrate for our 2A rights wherever they were threatened, but especially in Maryland and the surrounding states and DC.

I will always remember March 2018, when Jeff invited me to join a Patriot Picket mission to demonstrate for the Second Amendment during the huge anti-gun “March 4 Our Lives” rally marching through downtown DC.

With us were members of a northern Maryland militia group; I immediately noticed they all brought their first aid kits!

We stepped right into the middle of thousands of marchers as we occupied the very center of the intersection at 12th & Pennsylvania Avenues, and were surrounded by curious grandmothers, angry parents and hundreds of cynical teenagers.

Jeff wasn’t concerned in the slightest, and he would enthusiastically approach the students glaring at us and ask: “Do you study about George Washington and Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson in school?

Well, he said, we have an historical American figure just like them here - - today - - he’s still alive, and you can meet and talk with him!

Come over and meet someone who won one of the most important Bill of Rights cases in American Constitutional history: Meet Dick Heller!

This embarrassed me at first, but that was the way Jeff liked to introduce me, and Jeff clearly enjoyed surprising both friends and strangers with that historical assessment of me: eventually I got used to Jeff sharing this when meeting his many friends, especially the members of Maryland Shall Issue and Maryland Shooters.

Yes, Jeff Hulbert was a true Patriot, one of the “Three Percent.”

Jeff will truly be missed and fondly remembered.

Respectfully, Dick Heller”

Attachments

• 9D6DF9A8-B9BD-4658-B0D7-8C03DC90B8A2.jpg
      9D6DF9A8-B9BD-4658-B0D7-8C03DC90B8A2.jpg
      86 KB · Views: 293
    • D0B350F5-8E50-431C-A303-C7CBF2B91F0C.jpg
      D0B350F5-8E50-431C-A303-C7CBF2B91F0C.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 283
    • 23EBD233-D677-444B-BB9E-F2F936AD5F4C.jpg
      23EBD233-D677-444B-BB9E-F2F936AD5F4C.jpg
      119 KB · Views: 253
    • BE0CDD32-F5EF-4C64-AC61-05E4886AE680.jpg
      BE0CDD32-F5EF-4C64-AC61-05E4886AE680.jpg
      144.6 KB · Views: 267
    • 73A40601-D2FF-46ED-B166-ABD5A55697D5.jpg
      73A40601-D2FF-46ED-B166-ABD5A55697D5.jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 265
    • 672D3866-D031-4F29-8711-CEBB59C06FAD.jpg
      672D3866-D031-4F29-8711-CEBB59C06FAD.jpg
      88.7 KB · Views: 261
    • 9E0DA05E-DDB0-43AF-9F62-20C5B641C581.jpg
      9E0DA05E-DDB0-43AF-9F62-20C5B641C581.jpg
      89.6 KB · Views: 264
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Fidelity: “Rack&Roll Joins MDS, 2013”

Our friend Fidelity remembers Jeff, the family man and friend to many he came to know:

“I first encountered Jeff on the Maryland Shooters forum, that we often call MDS. I had been there a year, and Jeff was part of the wave that joined in 2013. And I thought, what a character. As I'm sure, many of you did.

As I got to know him, through online discussions, text messages, in person lunches, sitting at gun shows for Maryland Shall Issue, the man won me over. His kindness, his commitment, his passion, his energy, his optimism, his steadfastness, his love of country. He was my friend, and I could count on him.

As you all know, Jeff could talk to anyone. He was determined to connect to as many as possible.

Many of us on MDS have often heard Jeff referred to as the Theodore Roosevelt's "the man in the arena.” He didn't sit on the sidelines. He rolled up his sleeves and put words to action. He took many slings, but he always seemed to have emerged head unbowed, and renewed in purpose. I have tremendous respect for Jeff and those that joined him.

Activism is not only brave, but it is honest.

We were lucky to have him. As President Lincoln once said of General Ulysses S. Grant: “I can't spare this man - he fights.”

And for the Constitution, and for those rights enshrined within it, he fought. I today carry a copy of the Constitution that he passed on to me, and thus feel like I carry a part of my friend.

Jeff may be gone, but as the novelist Ernest Hemingway wrote in the Old Man and the Sea ... Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. Jeff's body may have given way, but Jeff is in no way defeated.

And while Jeff loved this great country and its Constitution, through my discussions with him, one thing surpassed this love, and it was the love for his daughter, Ansley.

He was so proud of her. She produced a series for the Investigation Discovery channel. I learned that everyone celebrates her birthday with her - which is March 17: St.Patrick’s Day.

I heard about her escape during COVID in NYC in April 2020, with boyfriend and cat. Jeff said that Ansley is a fighter. No higher praise could he give another.

Ansley, I am honored to have known your dad and to have called him my friend.”

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Stoveman: “Jeff Creates Patriot Picket, 2016”

Fidelity introduces the remembrance of Stoveman, who met Jeff at the Handgun Permit Review Board meetings in 2015, and joined Patriot Picket in 2016.

:mdpatriot

Stoveman:

“For all you Maryland Shooters I’m a 13’er, but the best 13’er out there was a man we come to remember tonight, Jeff Hulbert.

I actually met Jeff, like I met a lot of you guys, at the HPRB meetings.

Speaking of Maryland tyranny, huh Mark?

I’ll never forget the first time Jeff came into the room for that HPRB meeting: he owned the room, it was just like any other room that he walked into, he absolutely owned the room.

There were no strangers in Jeff’s life, it was just friends that he hadn’t met yet.

He really impressed me that night; we got to talking and a few months later in the middle of the General Assembly session he started a thread called “Maryland Democrats Hate You. “

And that was the start of the Patriot Picket.

And so he had this idea of having an old-fashioned picket line, right here on these bricks, right where the senators and the delegates come out, and he had the best signs, him and Kevin had just the absolute best signs.

And I said: “I got to get in on this.“

So I made my first foray down here and that was it, I was hooked.

I’ve met a ton of great people and we’ve had such an awesome time.

Jeff absolutely loved this, he loved the interaction with the legislators, and so we took the show on the road to the [2016] Democratic National Convention in Philly, Tim Montoya was there and some of you guys.

We were at the NRA several times, in DC more times than we can count, and of course every Monday night back here on the bricks in Annapolis.

And of course Jeff used to call it “the Super Bowl and Christmas all wrapped up in one” and that was Richmond VCDL Lobby Day.

So he did as much in Virginia as he did here in Maryland.

He would call me the morning of [VCDL Lobby Day] very early, and I would ask him “What are you doing up so early?“ And he would say “I couldn’t sleep, I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve.”

He could not wait to get down there to Richmond on Lobby Day.

And so this [Annapolis] is where it all happened and we are so glad that you all came down here to kind of relive what we did here every Monday night, and we are just so thankful.

I loved Jeff like a brother, and he just was uncanny.

His journalism background just gave him that extra something, he knew: he would wake up in the morning with a gut feeling, and we would be going with it, and it would be absolutely perfect every time: that was just Jeff.

Jeff had that uncanny ability to know just what to say, where to be, what shot to compose for video, he was just that kind of person.

He is just never going to be replaced.

He was just an inspiration to myself, I never thought I’d be standing out here being interviewed by TV programs, he was the one that pushed me: “you’ve got to be our spokesman” and here we are.

It was right here on these newly repaved bricks in February of 2018, that Jeff took a stand, and I think we are going to hear that video [audio].”

Attachments

• 2C77B510-E480-44E4-A920-6473C48E8EBB.jpg
      2C77B510-E480-44E4-A920-6473C48E8EBB.jpg
      169.9 KB · Views: 271
    • CADB3B46-6D5B-4E27-A326-79192AE8C294.jpg
      CADB3B46-6D5B-4E27-A326-79192AE8C294.jpg
      64 KB · Views: 275
    • E968D05B-F865-45F3-8119-434FB27FAF9A.jpg
      E968D05B-F865-45F3-8119-434FB27FAF9A.jpg
      78 KB · Views: 271
    • F7477E47-1AC0-4CE1-8241-D78A2B0F3A4E.jpg
      F7477E47-1AC0-4CE1-8241-D78A2B0F3A4E.jpg
      48.9 KB · Views: 217
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Deep Lurker: “Getting Arrested, 2018”

“We are going to play the audio in a moment, it is the audio taken from the video recorded of our arrest [on 2/5/18].

You’ll hear Jeff being confronted by the police officer, [Jeff’s replies] and the police officer’s response.

The declarations that [Jeff] made right at this spot [on the brick sidewalk] became the subject of a Federal civil rights lawsuit, and our [civil rights] lawyer [Cary Hansel] is here to talk about it.

Before we do invite [Cary] up, I would like to introduce our good friend Mark Pennak, because without Mark none of this [the ongoing Hulbert/MSI civil rights litigation] would ever have happened.

Mark, would you join us?”

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    “Mark Pennak: “Remembering Jeff 2013 - 2021”

“For those who don’t me know me, I am Mark Pennak; I am the President of Maryland Shall Issue, and a friend of Jeff and Kevin.

There is no shortage of irony about the spot where Jeff and Kevin were arrested.

Behind me, there’s a statue of Thurgood Marshall on Lawyers Mall. Thurgood Marshall was a First Amendment advocate, supreme.

He litigated, and brought to fruition, [the case of] Brown versus the Board. He became a Solicitor General of the United States. He became an associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court.

He, of all people, would’ve been ashamed at what happened here, on these bricks, that night.

So when I heard about what happened up here, and MDS is invaluable, I watched the video. I spoke to Jeff. I spoke to Kevin. And I said: this is beyond outrageous.

Now, I love the Constitution, and for those who don’t know me: I am a lawyer too.

So we acted. We acted by bringing in Cary Hansel, [standing] right here. We had that [Federal civil rights] lawsuit filed in Federal District Court in a week.

Because you cannot stand silently when Constitutional rights are abused in the manner they were abused that night, and abused they were.

And we are going to make the charge stick, and we are going to administer a little education to the powers that be, that what they did that night can never be repeated. And I noticed that they are very respectful tonight, and that is as it should be.

I would just like to speak a quick word about Jeff as a person: the man’s courageous.

Thurgood Marshall stood in the street: he was courageous. Jeff was courageous, Kevin was courageous; all you guys that were here that night showed courage.

It’s easy to stand on the sidelines, and not want to get arrested, but they showed the courage of their convictions. And I can count on fingers of one hand the people I know who have done that.

They showed the real courage of their convictions, and stood to take their arrest. Good for him.

So, I am a great admirer of what he did, and it doesn’t matter whether you agree with his tactics, or what he said, you’ve got to admire his courage. That’s where I stand.

I don’t have any more to say, but I want to introduce Cary Hansel.

Cary Hansel is the lawyer handling this in Federal District Court, and he has done a fantastic job of taking it to the defendants.

They didn’t know what hit ‘em - - until Cary hit ‘em.”

Mark introduces Cary Hansel.

Attachments

• D22B0471-413D-48C5-BE9D-BE4885C28FF9.jpg
      D22B0471-413D-48C5-BE9D-BE4885C28FF9.jpg
      47.6 KB · Views: 318
    • 367DAC53-398E-4B6E-B117-87C2849F4204.jpg
      367DAC53-398E-4B6E-B117-87C2849F4204.jpg
      37.3 KB · Views: 310
    • BB344CDA-8665-43CA-AEA0-6F400876316A.jpg
      BB344CDA-8665-43CA-AEA0-6F400876316A.jpg
      45.7 KB · Views: 315
    • 255BF09C-CE98-4019-837B-67548E39E459.jpg
      255BF09C-CE98-4019-837B-67548E39E459.jpg
      43 KB · Views: 306

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Great tribute. Thank you all the hard work on behalf of us long distance supporters, following 2a issues in Maryland and nationally. Thanks Jeff.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Great tribute. Thank you all the hard work on behalf of us long distance supporters, following 2a issues in Maryland and nationally. Thanks Jeff.

Thank you; my family, and especially Jeff’s daughter, have been amazed at how many people knew Jeff and were grateful for his life, and how far his messages traveled.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Cary Hansel: “Remembering Jeff and Litigating the Hulbert/MSI Lawsuit, 2018 - 2021

“My name is Cary Hansel, it is a pleasure to see everyone here tonight.

I am a civil rights lawyer and I am also “ATTYSHOOTER” to a lot of you on the website we all frequent.

I think we are going to play an audio first and then I’ll have a few more words.”

[The audio recorded in the Patriot Picket arrest video was played at the service, to hear Jeff’s voice again on that sidewalk, declaring our Constitutional right to be there.]

Attachments

• 8E33376D-FE47-4144-AFEB-7193C0F0A1A9.jpg
      8E33376D-FE47-4144-AFEB-7193C0F0A1A9.jpg
      41.7 KB · Views: 248
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Cary Hansel Remembrance

“I want to say it has been a great honor to have known Jeff the last three years and to have worked for Kevin and him, and to see the two of them stand up for all of our rights.

Everybody here - - as a citizen and as an American - - is protected by our Constitution, but it’s just a piece of paper.

It’s just a piece of paper, without people like Jeff to stand up for each and every one of us, and make a difference, to be that man in the arena as somebody else said earlier, to make sure that all our rights are protected.

Because without people like him, to put themselves on the line - - he did not know that night, from what you just heard, what he was going to face, he didn’t know what would happen when he disappeared into a police car - - this is a man who is offering himself for you, to literally be shackled and hauled away to he knew not what, to protect every single person standing here tonight, on the very ground you’re standing on, and to protect your right to stand here.

And all of us owes him a great debt for that service to us, to our Country and to the Constitutional principles that he stood here to protect.

One of the things he [Jeff] said in his deposition [in response to the question] “Well, what are you out there doing? What are you walking around with signs for?”

And he said: “We are demonstrating for Constitutional principles.”

And they said: “Why didn’t you just get out of the way - - when the State ordered you out of the way?”

And he said: “Because we believe the public sidewalk belongs to the public.”

And nothing honors his memory more than your occupation tonight at that very space, that public sidewalk that belongs to each and every one of you as a member of the public.

So I want to say to you, for him: “Thank you.”

The man I came to know over the last three years, and I saw weather attacks in his deposition, the man I saw fight cancer, the man I saw who deeply loved his brother and his family, would be very proud of each and every one of you tonight for being here.

He would just be honored to know that this is the spot that you chose: your public sidewalk, to honor him and the fight that he was engaged in.

And Mark [Pennak] is exactly right, we will see [the lawsuit] through and when we do, whatever victory we have - - and we will have it - - will stand as a monument to him and to all of the people who came before him, whether there are monuments built, or monuments yet to be built, who stood up for the principles of our Constitution.

And that includes everybody standing here tonight, so thank you all on behalf of him, it’s a great honor to share this space with you, and also we all know we are sharing it with Jeff tonight.

So thank you very much, I understand there is a song coming up.”

Attachments

• 5526FAF6-1A46-44FC-87B2-0A25D556FBF7.jpg
      5526FAF6-1A46-44FC-87B2-0A25D556FBF7.jpg
      34.6 KB · Views: 240
    • 9986C963-4412-4208-9869-7AEF70813292.jpg
      9986C963-4412-4208-9869-7AEF70813292.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 237
    • 4540015A-4123-47EF-AA49-7424A2F580BF.jpg
      4540015A-4123-47EF-AA49-7424A2F580BF.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 241
    • 7D6B25AD-B07A-4CE8-BB90-97F4791F9ECA.jpg
      7D6B25AD-B07A-4CE8-BB90-97F4791F9ECA.jpg
      95.5 KB · Views: 254

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Song for Jeff: “Well Done”

I continued: “We are going to attempt to play a song I played for Jeff in his final hours.

This is a song that he loved, it’s a song that they played in his church, and I think it’s a song that speaks to Jeff, and what he stood for, and more importantly it stood for the way I felt about him, and the way my family felt about him.”

“I played this song for him at three in the morning.

He couldn’t speak, but when he heard it, a tear formed in the corner of his eye and it rolled down his cheek.

He knew.

He knew we cared about him, and he died at seven in the morning, but he never complained, and he was brave, and I loved him, and I’m going to miss him.

I’m going to need all of you to kind of fill in, to help, because we want to keep doing what he was doing.

And I’m sorry he’s gone, and I’m glad you’re here, and I want to thank you for being here.”

Attachments

• D4CA9BF1-D54C-4993-9D61-41C3F18C9751.jpg
      D4CA9BF1-D54C-4993-9D61-41C3F18C9751.jpg
      46.8 KB · Views: 238
    • 2463EA73-A342-43AA-93BD-10FB5F2BEAB9.jpg
      2463EA73-A342-43AA-93BD-10FB5F2BEAB9.jpg
      65.3 KB · Views: 241
    • 65E2E686-88E6-432A-9D0E-BB1524B5B32F.jpg
      65E2E686-88E6-432A-9D0E-BB1524B5B32F.jpg
      86.9 KB · Views: 237
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    ShafTed: Remembering Jeff and Standing Strong

ShafTed from Maryland Shooters concluded Jeff’s memorial service with these words:

“I just want to remind everybody that tonight is but one of an ongoing series of events here in Annapolis.

As long as there are legislators who want to infringe on our Rights, the spirit of Jeff - - and all his Patriot brothers and sisters - - will live on, and stand strong!”

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Our Memorial March Begins

“I’m looking forward to our march because he [Jeff] would love what we are about to do: we are going to bring his spirit around these buildings, around both of them, the Statehouse and the Governor’s Mansion, we are going to do a figure-eight pattern, the symbol for eternity.

So the plan is, if you want to carry your candles, please do; if you would like to go across the street and [to pick out] a sign, a flag or a banner [to carry], select any one you’d like.

MigraineMan is going to lead the procession, hopefully we can go directly up Lawyers Mall and start a counter-clockwise circuit around the Statehouse.

Then we go clockwise around the [Governors] Mansion and we will end up right back here at the crosswalk, and you can continue back to the bus shelter to drop off the signs, flags and banners.

Swinokur from Maryland Shooters will be there; we have some Patriot Picket emblems and logos to pass out to anyone who would like a gift tonight from Jeff to take home with you.”

The transcriptions of all of the remembrances shared at this memorial service were taken from the livestream video recorded and posted on the Facebook page of “The Patriot Picket”:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...582&id=585466884997397&anchor_composer=false]

Attachments

• 1A361B35-0057-49FE-9C2C-B55F70C0DCFB.jpg
      1A361B35-0057-49FE-9C2C-B55F70C0DCFB.jpg
      87.4 KB · Views: 248

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    As I read through this, I see history no less important than in the original founding of this country, inspiring words, inspiring people. I am so thankful I found MDS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom