• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    That is great , i always had to make some adjustments when travelling thru or stopping . I had one small incident happen in SC with a flat tire that is wish i was not left defenseless . I then gave a husband & wife 20.00 just to leave couple weirdos .

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Just in time to miss summer vacation season for this year.
    It was rather absurd that I couldn't carry there with MD, PA, and FL permits in hand because the latter two were non-resident.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    As far as I can tell SC statutes haven't changed and reciprocity is dictated by statute. I would treat this info with caution. Some people on other forums are claiming incorrect info has been posted before on the SLED site only to be later retracted.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I would research it more before I tried it.

Agreed. The statue is based on "reciprocity" which means a 2 way street. MD ain't going 2 ways. In addition there's a specific statute right below which only unilaterally recognizes GA and NC:

(N)(1) Valid out-of-state permits to carry concealable weapons held by a resident of a reciprocal state must be honored by this State, provided, that the reciprocal state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety. A resident of a reciprocal state carrying a concealable weapon in South Carolina is subject to and must abide by the laws of South Carolina regarding concealable weapons. SLED shall maintain and publish a list of those states as the states with which South Carolina has reciprocity.

(2) Notwithstanding the reciprocity requirements of item (1), South Carolina shall automatically recognize concealed weapon permits issued by Georgia and North Carolina.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have MD and NR Florida.

Attachments

• AC3D12AB-4CE9-42EB-844E-37FA9192112D.jpg
      AC3D12AB-4CE9-42EB-844E-37FA9192112D.jpg
      58.8 KB · Views: 378

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Admittedly I don’t know anything about sc in respects to who their licensing division is etc. saw this post looked at the map and it showed de was also recognized….have friends that would benefit if it was correct so I tried calling the number listed in the sled site to try and verify, waste of time. First person I spoke with when explaining the reason I was calling and if there is an actual list posted on a sc doj/ag website. She said “no just the map on our site, what state permit are you asking about?” I said de and md…immediately she said “ ohhh no we don’t recognize those state permits”….I said really? That’s odd the map on your site says they’re honored…she said I don’t know about that but let me transfer you to Lt. somebody make sure to leave a message and he will call you back. Yeah been a couple days no call so I tried again today and a different person answered the phone and said “well let me look at the map on our site…yep you’re good to go”…..I again asked if there was not an actual state list somewhere she said “nope just the map……..try calling back tomorrow after 830” ……..what a circus lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom