• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I really want to reward myself for finally manning-up to cataract surgery this week. I was so blind in my right eye before surgery that I wondered if I'd ever be able to shoot a long gun (right-handed) again. Now that I've had the surgery, though, my vision is the best it has been in 30+ years. Don't need readers anymore! Dr. McGann installed an implant that not only cured the astigmatism, it turned the vision in my right eye from legal blindness to super-duper, laser-beam, ultra-high definition. It's incredible.

I had been saving-up for a S&W Model 41 but, now I'm thinking I'd like to have a Tikka T1x with a good optic mounted on it.

I think that's a great choice.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I really want to reward myself for finally manning-up to cataract surgery this week. I was so blind in my right eye before surgery that I wondered if I'd ever be able to shoot a long gun (right-handed) again. Now that I've had the surgery, though, my vision is the best it has been in 30+ years. Don't need readers anymore! Dr. McGann installed an implant that not only cured the astigmatism, it turned the vision in my right eye from legal blindness to super-duper, laser-beam, ultra-high definition. It's incredible.

I had been saving-up for a S&W Model 41 but, now I'm thinking I'd like to have a Tikka T1x with a good optic mounted on it.

Good for you! And while I don't own one and have never even shot one, it seems that a lot of folks have a lot of good things to say about that Tikka T1x.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Scratched an itch with an awesome Anschutz for great price. Next up will probably be a Bergera b14 or cz457.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Scratched an itch with an awesome Anschutz for great price. Next up will probably be a Bergera b14 or cz457.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't go wong with either. Used to have a full custom 452 (custom barrel, mcmillan stock, some other tricks) that shot great. The b14 22 is a great way to go if you don't want to go RimX or vudoo.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I think that's a great choice.

Now the hard part: finding one in-stock somewhere. The places that do have T1x's are bidding-up GB users online at $100 over MSRP at the moment.

Good for you! And while I don't own one and have never even shot one, it seems that a lot of folks have a lot of good things to say about that Tikka T1x.

Thanks, UD! Cataract surgery was unnerving, to say the least, but I'm glad I got it done! I think the T1x is tough to beat for $500. The CZ 457 is close but, my friend's Tikka is much less fussy about different brands of ammo it shoots well.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Now the hard part: finding one in-stock somewhere. The places that do have T1x's are bidding-up GB users online at $100 over MSRP at the moment.

Hey buddy, you can set up in stock alerts at gun.deals with the UPC numbers and desired price range.

There's another online retailer that has occasional T1x inventory that isn't captured by gun.deals that I'll text you about.

Beretta/Sako/Tikka is slow to get these shipments in. Must do a few production runs a year. Often those in Europe, Canada, and Australia will get the new stock before we do. Might be worth starting a thread at rimfirecentral to ask if anyone's seen inventory internationally. Might be an early indication of whether we're getting anything in the US.

Ptreece

Dec 27, 2020
    Parkville
    WZ-48, Springfield M1922, Mossberg M44US, KKW, Lee Enfield .22 Trainer. Pretty much any older .22 training rifle.

Last edited:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    There was a Nib Remington 541x at the chantilly gun show for $1500 and another mint condition one for $575. I was really tempted to grab the one for $575. It was US marked with a build date of 1984. After looking into them it turns out it wasn’t an actual military trainer. They were designed for youth shooting leagues.

Jump62

Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island, De
    Would love to add a CZ-457 American as an old school bolt action rifle, bad news is stalking CZ weapons is like a Wile E. Coyote vs the Roadrunner cartoon. It took me almost a year and a half to find a CZ-75 B omega in 2016.
    Jump82
    aka Paul

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Would love to add a CZ-457 American as an old school bolt action rifle, bad news is stalking CZ weapons is like a Wile E. Coyote vs the Roadrunner cartoon. It took me almost a year and a half to find a CZ-75 B omega in 2016.
    Jump82
    aka Paul

Check out 2A sales in Jessup, they are a CZ dealer and have had some in stock when I was there.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Jump82
    aka Paul

I just picked up CZ 457 American in 22 magnum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom