• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I have this old lawn roller that went with a Gravely tractor I no longer have. It could be pulled behind pretty much any tractor. Free for the taking. Missing the plug but I believe it is just an NPT plug. Pickup in Clinton MD. I can load it into your truck or trailer.

Attachments

• 647B5D71-3D35-4964-BFFB-6FFE9743A130.jpg
      647B5D71-3D35-4964-BFFB-6FFE9743A130.jpg
      196.7 KB · Views: 441

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Looks cool. Please educate me on a lawn roller.

My first take is it looks like a steamer roller and compresses the soil. That seems to be a much larger problem. Now it there are spikes I missed and it aerates. Opps.

Still tooks cool.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    A lawn roller is a part of a lawn renovation to even out previous work (aeration likely) and to help ensure good soil to seed contact, a necessary part of successful germination.

I'm sure other uses too.. perhaps for driveway work..

Compaction is desired when doing excavation work.

Or those packing bubbles then laid out in the lawn.... Makes for an incredibly satisfying sound...

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I have this old lawn roller that went with a Gravely tractor I no longer have. It could be pulled behind pretty much any tractor. Free for the taking. Missing the plug but I believe it is just an NPT plug. Pickup in Clinton MD. I can load it into your truck or trailer.

We had one of these when I was a kid...although ours was a human powered version--- my dad was a big lawn guy. We filled up the roller part with water, put the plug in a and then pushed and pulled that thing over the freshly aerated and over-seeded lawn. Fun times for a little kid.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    We had one of these when I was a kid...although ours was a human powered version--- my dad was a big lawn guy. We filled up the roller part with water, put the plug in a and then pushed and pulled that thing over the freshly aerated and over-seeded lawn. Fun times for a little kid.

Same here.
    When i was a kid my Dad filled one with water and we rolled it all over his yard after a summer fight with a mole invasion. It really did a job on those mole hills. It was hard as anything to pull by hand, but as said, good memories.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Same here.
    When i was a kid my Dad filled one with water and we rolled it all over his yard after a summer fight with a mole invasion. It really did a job on those mole hills. It was hard as anything to pull by hand, but as said, good memories.

Since I saw the hole on the side... Now I know.
    It is a holey roller.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Also good if you have soft ground and a horse who leaves hoof prints. The key is to roll when the soil is at the right moisture level. Too dry and the bumps won't flatten. Too wet and the roller digs in. Just right and you get a nice smooth "Putting Green" surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom