• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    Really nice place with a decent inventory, plenty of parking and knowledgeable staff. I would highly recommend. Gunsmithing is top notch!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Really nice place with a decent inventory, plenty of parking and knowledgeable staff. I would highly recommend. Gunsmithing is top notch!

2x. All of great things from the original store with more parking, elbow room, and products that you can't get in MD.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Stopped in Sat. Nice store with plenty of stock on hand.

Worth stopping in if in the area.

Hit the old shop, the new one, Ray's and then Valley Guns II in Inwood with little driving.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Literally just left there about 30 min ago. They have a pretty good selection in stock and seems to be growing by the week after they’ve been getting settled in to the new store.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I have to get up there and check it out .i frequent there other store , hell I make the drive hour + to go there . I would assume the new store is just as nice as the old one . Great people and like was said I go there to have stuff worked on and it doesn’t take months in comparison to some here in AA county.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I have to get up there and check it out .i frequent there other store , hell I make the drive hour + to go there . I would assume the new store is just as nice as the old one . Great people and like was said I go there to have stuff worked on and it doesn’t take months in comparison to some here in AA county.

The new shop is just under 20 minutes from the old one. If you're making a trip, it might be worth also looping down to Martinsburg and checking out Ray's as well, if you've got the time. It's about another 20 minutes down the road, just south of Martinsburg.

I hear you on the smith times. I've dropped a few simple fixes off and just waited in shop. In those situations, my wallet hated me for waiting in store and just "browsing". ;)

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Gun stores are coming out of the woodwork here in WV. One just south of I-81 exit 12 on Route 11. Open on Sunday also. Lady owner has a nice selections of handguns and also AR parts like Timney triggers and Aero-Precision uppers and lowers.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Nice store--- great location--- good selection and getting better, good people. Becka Hafer spent over an hour last Saturday going through different sub-compact handguns w/Mrs. River (at the new store). It was a great experience watching their interactions and listening to the back and forth. I just kept my mouth shut (for the most part :innocent0) and let my wife shop for a firearm her way. In the end she settled on a SIG P365 SAS (she carries at work). I picked out a sweet little Kimber Micro 9. They transferred the guns over to the Hagerstown store so we could complete the paperwork. Took the 10 dollar MD fee off our purchases and charged it back when we did the paperwork in MD---so a wash. No tax on the fire arms and our ammo purchases. While there we were able to accomplish some other Christmas shopping as well. Then we ambled a mile and half back up the road to King's Brooklyn Pizza and Italian Restaurant for a great mid afternoon meal with the owner Sal (who we met through a defensive handgun training class put on by Hafer's the weekend before) It was well worth the drive and time. Highly recommend both Hafer's stores.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Gun stores are coming out of the woodwork here in WV. One just south of I-81 exit 12 on Route 11. Open on Sunday also. Lady owner has a nice selections of handguns and also AR parts like Timney triggers and Aero-Precision uppers and lowers.
    Did they have a decent ammo selection? Or any ammo?

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    If you’re looking for ammo selection, Berkeley Springs trading post is about as good as it gets locally.

I can second that. Their new store is nice too. I have to admit that I have not purchased ammo there since they moved but their prices were still reasonable through the beginning of the pandemic. I am anxious to visit the new Hafers in WV. I live close to their old location and stop by to pick up a few things here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom