• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Does anyone make a 9mm sub or compact, exposed hammer, with 10+1 capacity ?

or even a 380 in same configuration ?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Springfield XDe, if you buy the extended mag will get you to 10 I believe. It’s hard to find something compact with a hammer these days.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I did find the Tauras TH9C,, but not familiar with the the "Modern Taurus" Brand,, They were considered "junk" in the 90s

Springfield XDe, if you buy the extended mag will get you to 10 I believe. It’s hard to find something compact with a hammer these days.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

This. 14+1 or 15+1 depending upon magazine. Can also take full sized CZ75 mags, which will protrude about 1/2" or so.

Another great choice is the CZ P01, which is basically the same gun as the PCR with different sights, a rail, and no LCI.

Both have excellent ergonomics. The grip feels like it melts into your hand.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-d-pcr-compact/

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-01/

These are excellent options. I recently picked up a 75D PCR. Also available with a 10 rd. mag option out of the box. Great gun and as mentioned the ergonomics are phenomenal. The decocker also resets the hammer to half-cocked position reducing trigger pull on a subsequent DA shot.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    CZ-82 might fit your needs. 9x18 Makarov ammo - Hornady makes SD rounds in this caliber.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Question,
    Is a model with a "De-Cocking lever" worth it? It seams like a safer way to lower the hammer, over the trigger and thumb on the hammer as I do with my hammered hunting rifles.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Question,
    Is a model with a "De-Cocking lever" worth it? It seams like a safer way to lower the hammer, over the trigger and thumb on the hammer as I do with my hammered hunting rifles.

In the early phase of my daily carrying in public, I was in a total belt-and-suspender mindset. I hadn't spent enough time with striker fired compact pistols (like the P365 I now carry) to feel confident. Hence the XDe, for me, at first. SA/DA, hammer fired, and a combo safety/decocker. All of that provides lots of ways to carry and use it, and that provided some noob carry peace of mind. If you're not carrying cocked and locked, then a decocker definitely has some appeal, safety-wise. Eliminates the chance of something awful happening should you let that hammer slip while easing it down.

But: no question, all of that safety/flexibility (in the case of the XDe) makes for a pistol not quite as dainty for concealed carry. A bit physically taller in the slide, and heavier. Also means you're in for a more serious first-round trigger pull if you're carrying it ready for DA on the first shot. With the shorter sight picture in a compact pistol, that heavier/longer DA trigger pull - especially under adrenaline-pumping circumstances - can cost you some accuracy when - on that first shot! - you might most need it. Really does call for some range time with several of these so you can feel, rather than read about, the pros and cons.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD

Attachments

• cz-82_side_cropped - Copy.jpg
      cz-82_side_cropped - Copy.jpg
      70.3 KB · Views: 300

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics