• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Am I the only one that wanted to watch a Bond movie all of a sudden?

here mines better side, it has a little wear mark on the other side

Attachments

• 101171660_298507987823319_6358507676510453760_n.jpg
      101171660_298507987823319_6358507676510453760_n.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 366

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Dude........
    Dude......

You need a suppressor. Especially for your .22 pistol.

Absolutely! One if my favorite things to do is walk through the woods and shoot stuff with my suppressed .22 pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    All this talk about Walters reminds me of my most meh pistol, a cz50. Nothing special and not even a slide release. Another is a polish p64. Nice gun but kills my hand to shoot. Snappy little bastard.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    ..and even better my nagant revolver. What a crude, underpowered piece of junk. Not even worthy of a spot on a shelf in my safe. It resides on the floor where it belongs.

Jul 1, 2012
    Practically anything ever made by overpriced and out dated H&K’s..
    Having said that I still really really want a MP5/SP5 and a sorta kinda maybe want a USP in the collection one day ��

My "meh" USP Elite (.45 ACP). Excited to win it at auction since it was supposed to be the cat's pajamas, but never warmed up to it. Didn't fit my hand well, and everything felt "foreign" (being primarily a 1911 guy). Capper was not being able - literally - to hit a 3' target at 50'. Completely my fault, not the gun's but that wasn't an endearing feature. I traded it for something else (probably a Colt, can't remember) pre-FSA 2013. Now I wish I'd kept it.

Another underwhelming gun that hit the road was a Walther PP Sport Jam-o-matic (22 LR).

Attachments

• DSCF0026.jpg
      DSCF0026.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 321
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      38.1 KB · Views: 329

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My "meh" USP Elite (.45 ACP). Excited to win it at auction since it was supposed to be the cat's pajamas, but never warmed up to it. Didn't fit my hand well, and everything felt "foreign" (being primarily a 1911 guy). Capper was not being able - literally - to hit a 3' target at 50'. Completely my fault, not the gun's but that wasn't an endearing feature. I traded it for something else (probably a Colt, can't remember) pre-FSA 2013. Now I wish I'd kept it.

Another underwhelming gun that hit the road was a Walther PP Sport Jam-o-matic (22 LR).

What do you want for the H&K? I’m a little short right now, but if you want to sell it 6-12 months down the road, I’ll pay a fair price.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Heres an odd one. Definitely not my favorite Bernadelli but I've yet to see another just like it. Not even sure what it's really called.

Attachments

• PSX_20200902_211202.jpg
      PSX_20200902_211202.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 373
    Jul 1, 2012
    007's original Beretta 418 was 6.35m/m, the PPK (not a PP like these) was 7.65m/m.
    They only made ~100 of the 6.35m/m PPK's

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Take a look at Savage polymer stocks...not only hollow but poorly designed. They are not designed to help reduce recoil. I used to have a Savage Weather Warrier in .30-06 and shot it side by side with a Colt Light Rifle .30-06 made by Ultra Light Arms. The Colt was lighter but even with ammunition from the same box the Savage's recoil was painful. Simply poor stock design in how recoil is transmitted to your shoulder.

I think you'll enjoy the Ruger after experiencing the Savage polymer stock.

My issues with Ruger are the quality of the polymer and the fit/finish in my experience. The design isn't bad, but they seem to use really thin, lightweight materials that feel cheap and make me wonder about durability and even flexibility (which in theory would be a bad thing). I am not a fan of Savage polymer stocks either, come to think of it. I never really thought about their designs though.

I should have also added I dislike companies masquerading woods like Maple as "fancy," like what Remington has done recently. I like the look of blond maple on some firearms, but wouldn't pay extra for it (I prefer walnut, oak, or beech anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom