• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    There's one over on Liberty Tree for $475 + S&H right now. https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=11852&idcategory=2

Some issues with it (minor) but it's there.
    That is actually the very first one I looked at. Somebody shared a Libertytree link on here about something else, and I started looking at their stuff.:innocent0

On that particular one, I wasn't thrilled with the heavy parkerizing...and especially didn't like where it had flaked off. Also, I realize now that it was the one I had seen that had given up its Lyman sight (presumably when it got parked):

It looks like the first 14,500 should have had the Lyman sight. I saw one (I think on GB) with a serial less than 114,500 with the Mossberg sight. Maybe someone raided the Lyman off of it? That might have been some bargaining leverage at a gun show...but not so much online.

Art got one off me the other day but that one on liberty tree was reparked heavy and not a great job, also the front sight is really high looking, all the ones ive had were not like that .
    :D I need to get it to the range and post some pics! It's way prettier than the Libertytree example (and a much better deal all around) ;)

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Im not even sure where you would get that tall sight, ive prob owned 5-6 of those US property ones and they were all lower than that. I could see a taller sight being helpful at longer distance

Just curious, were any of your 44s parked? I have a feeling it was a refurb modification if theres such a thing. Even the wood on the refurbed rifles is a little different than typical mossbergs.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Just curious, were any of your 44s parked? I have a feeling it was a refurb modification if theres such a thing. Even the wood on the refurbed rifles is a little different than typical mossbergs.

If any were it would have been one, I can only remember them being blued as is the one i sold to Art3

Take some pics Art3 and share:D

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If any were it would have been one, I can only remember them being blued as is the one i sold to Art3

Take some pics Art3 and share:D

I raced out to the AGC this evening (been hectic all week) to get sighted in for tomorrow's match. jabber6 is a really good shot (I've pasted plenty of his targets. You only need black pasters...and not a whole lot of them because the holes are typically so close together that one paster covers 2 or 3 of them). I probably won't beat him tomorrow :o...but this rifle sure has potential :innocent0

The light wasn't very good for glamor shots, and I was in a bit of a hurry before the sun went down...so I just snapped this quickie:
    44us at agc.jpeg
    It really doesn't do it justice.

The target waaaayyyy out there is actually 2 NRA SR-1's next to each other. I used the first one to get zeroed, then put them all in the black on the second :eek:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    :party29: Good Job Art3

:D We snuck ahead by just three points.

jabber6 and I shared an interesting thought: Can you imagine being a new recruit with no previous shooting experience, training on one of these in the 1940's? It would be real easy to build confidence and think, "Oh yeah, I got this shooting thing down pat...look out Huns!" Then...Uncle Sam takes away your friendly little .22 target rifle and hands you an 03A3 or Garand :eek: Talk about culture shock!

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    :D We snuck ahead by just three points.

jabber6 and I shared an interesting thought: Can you imagine being a new recruit with no previous shooting experience, training on one of these in the 1940's? It would be real easy to build confidence and think, "Oh yeah, I got this shooting thing down pat...look out Huns!" Then...Uncle Sam takes away your friendly little .22 target rifle and hands you an 03A3 or Garand :eek: Talk about culture shock!
    :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom