• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    About four years ago, I picked up a Group Industries Uzi for a "reasonable" price. But it's been a total safe queen...I live in Deep Southern Maryland, there's no place to shoot the blasted thing. And I'm tempted to sell it, try to put the money into something I'd be more able to shoot.

So...sell? Wait six months and sell? Keep? Put on MD Shooters, since it's on a Form 4?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    About four years ago, I picked up a Group Industries Uzi for a "reasonable" price. But it's been a total safe queen...I live in Deep Southern Maryland, there's no place to shoot the blasted thing. And I'm tempted to sell it, try to put the money into something I'd be more able to shoot.

So...sell? Wait six months and sell? Keep? Put on MD Shooters, since it's on a Form 4?

I just bought a Mp28 so im sorta tapped right now but if you were willing to make trades for it , I have a ton of great stuff that you would actually be able to shoot.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I am willing to bet that a friend of mine would make some time in his schedule to let you shoot it at his house in central Calvert as long as he get to shoot it too.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't think that is the same for NFA stuff right now. Its good for glocks and AR's but NFA items have remained pretty much the same

*****Yes, the above is true. However, the OP will still do well in todays market if he decides to sell. Especially if he sells it to a big dude with an Austrian accent, and throws in a .45 long slide with laser sighting!!!

I have some safe queens. Non NFA stuff but nice guns that could sell for a premium in todays sellers market. I just don't shoot them, like ever. I guess I will wait until after the election, but before I have to turn them in if Biden wins and put Beto in charge of the ATF. :shocking:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I wouldn't sell it unless you REALLY needed the money. The NFA market is in a downturn, so this isn't a great time to do it anyways. I'm not a "never sell your guns" guy, but there's simply not a lot of full autos floating around.

(Honestly, if I were to get a crazy enough bonus at the end of the year, I'd make a play for an M16 lower. Unlikely, but we'll see!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom