• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigD

Ole Cowboy
    Jun 6, 2012
    Herters ammo order before stiffed the ammo manufacturer

Read an article posted by the maker of Herters ammo. They had to pay premium prices for brass, powder, primers, etc. Then Cabelas wouldnt pay the increase in price. Because the ammo was labeled Herters, the maker could not sell the ammo. Cabelas said they'd pay pre-2020 prices only. This was far below costs.
    I did not hear the latest but it sounds as though they are buying a little at a time. Stiffing maker!!

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    What's the term for a male Karen?

Trashing a great small firearms business whose owner BTW does more to defend the 2A in MD before he gets out of bed than I would venture the OP has in his lifetime. If I were the owner of J2 I would ban this prick from the store.

Ken is the name I believe you are looking for.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This entire thread is an embarrassment , for the reason is that the OP does not understand business or the law of averages when you are in business . What i mean by that is when you run a business the main thing is to supply customers with items that are in demand .
    So 9MM or other ammo is bought at various amounts of money and sold for a profit , sometimes steel or aluminum i buy is high in cost and i have to sell it higher then i buy it . I never understood complainers about cost , you don't like the price move on and be a gentleman and quit bitching .
    Business owners have to make a dollar or two in order to stay in business .

Bottom line is many put off buying and then there is a panic and then you complain , should have had a plan and if you did not that is on you . We lose good businesses by all the complaining .

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I got ammo and primers. I don’t need it. I’m finding it. I’m trying to have people the price gouging that’s against the law in Maryland

Cabela’s 9/28/2020

Ammo’s not protected under the Governor’s EO.

Only these categories were:

​Food;
    Beverages;
    Fuel;
    Water;
    Ice;
    Medicine;
    Hygiene and personal care products;
    Medical supplies or equipment;
    Cleaning products;
    Pet food;
    Veterinary care;
    Motor vehicle parts and repairs;
    Building supplies and equipment;
    Home improvement and maintenance;
    Storage space;
    Delivery, including shipping and handling;
    Computers, related electronic devices, or software programs;
    Energy sources;
    Batteries;
    Internet, telephone, or telecommunications;
    Video streaming;
    Website hosting; and
    Child care.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    LOL
    Building supplies???
    Guess the GA needs to take a field trip down to Home Depot.

Home Improvement??
    I am a lic MHIC,, my prices tippled in the last 8 months, only because I would rather fish than work, unless someone is going to throw silly money at me :)

Ammo’s not protected under the Governor’s EO.

Only these categories were:

​Food;
    Beverages;
    Fuel;
    Water;
    Ice;
    Medicine;
    Hygiene and personal care products;
    Medical supplies or equipment;
    Cleaning products;
    Pet food;
    Veterinary care;
    Motor vehicle parts and repairs;
    Building supplies and equipment;
    Home improvement and maintenance;
    Storage space;
    Delivery, including shipping and handling;
    Computers, related electronic devices, or software programs;
    Energy sources;
    Batteries;
    Internet, telephone, or telecommunications;
    Video streaming;
    Website hosting; and
    Child care.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I recently bought a handgun and the store had no ammo to go with it. I don't fault this company for wanting to price out hoarders so someone can purchase ammo with their gun.

***It would be cool of them to sell the ammo at a discount to gun purchasers.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    But he is an anonymous poster on an internet forum. Unlike many of us here, nobody knows who he is. They can't ban who they don't know.

Looks like there is a name in the first post in the attachment. It is the internet though.:shrug:

Sirex