• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    No one can guarantee anyone gets a permit. No training organization no instructor. If a trainer is offering a service to guarantee the student a permit they are full of BS and should not be trusted for training.

TD

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Have you ever stayed in a hotel with no room service and have someone knock on your door saying it's room service? I have
    Have you ever been followed overseas? I have
    Have you ever had someone go to a neighbor's house and ask if you still worked for the FAA? I have

I know a little about threats.
    I've also worked in a SCIF. I drove home from one everyday.
    I don't see the danger. Give me an example.

I think the issue is being denied the opportunity to defend onself from actual, yet random, danger. Just as most LEOs have gone thru their entire careeres without having to draw their sirearm, most CCW carriers will also hopefully have the same non-experience.

But when that possibly once in a lifetime incident is going down, it might go a bit toward evening the odds, and saving an innocent life. Maryland's stupid laws put the onus on the innocent. Maryland's corrupt criminal justice system works far harder to protect the guilty than the innocent.

G&S has been described as "an exercise in creative writing". If one can come up with enough possible reasons to be allowed to exercise a God-given amd Constitutionally protected human right, and the examiner hasn't had a fight with the wife or a raging hangover, a concealed weapon permit might be issued. That's just an abomination.

I don't see why a TS clearance wouldn't be a valid reason, whether or not it represents a mortal danger to all TS clearance holders.

As for threats, they abound. You cannot avoid them all, though you should probably try to do so.

BenSpelledABC

Jun 11, 2020
    W&C or selling a service

The notice was sent to CSSOs. In short, they are not allowed to confirm clearance level any more.

I was provided a reason, that goes being what’s on the paper/pdf floating around. Is bs but... it’s a reason. Hold us all responsible for the acts of a few. Your CSSO can investigate and provide the reason with names redacted for privacy if you need/want more info.

If you’re CSSO doesn’t have the info, give them a week and have them check their spam folders lol. Its coming.

My additional disappointment... is that it doesn’t stop “employees”, only contractors and calls or “personal gain”. Nothing like open discrimination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The notice was sent to CSSOs. In short, they are not allowed to confirm clearance level any more.

I was provided a reason, that goes being what’s on the paper/pdf floating around. Is bs but... it’s a reason. Hold us all responsible for the acts of a few. Your CSSO can investigate and provide the reason with names redacted for privacy if you need/want more info.

If you’re CSSO doesn’t have the info, give them a week and have them check their spam folders lol. Its coming.

My additional disappointment... is that it doesn’t stop “employees”, only contractors and calls or “personal gain”. Nothing like open discrimination.

Dude, good on you for sticking up for yourself earlier in the thread but my BS meter is going off on this one.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Have you ever stayed in a hotel with no room service and have someone knock on your door saying it's room service? I have
    Have you ever been followed overseas? I have
    Have you ever had someone go to a neighbor's house and ask if you still worked for the FAA? I have

I know a little about threats.
    I've also worked in a SCIF. I drove home from one everyday.
    I don't see the danger. Give me an example.

Okay.

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/murder-at-cia.html

BenSpelledABC

Jun 11, 2020
    No one can guarantee anyone gets a permit. No training organization no instructor. If a trainer is offering a service to guarantee the student a permit they are full of BS and should not be trusted for training.

TD

Agreed. Well put.

BenSpelledABC

Jun 11, 2020
    Dude, good on you for sticking up for yourself earlier in the thread but my BS meter is going off on this one.

It’s out there. It took my CSSO about 4, 5 week to get it. Mostly because it wasn’t sent thru normal official channels. Which is why I thought it was a hoax.

There is nothing I can do/say to make you believe it. I’ve seen it, and I still don’t believe it. Talk to your CSSO. Or... perhaps DONT talk to them and apply.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It’s out there. It took my CSSO about 4, 5 week to get it. Mostly because it wasn’t sent thru normal official channels. Which is why I thought it was a hoax.

There is nothing I can do/say to make you believe it. I’ve seen it, and I still don’t believe it. Talk to your CSSO. Or... perhaps DONT talk to them and apply.

And why would it not be sent through normal official channels? How was it sent, carrier pigeon? Bat signal? Facebook message?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg

The more you post about this, the less information you provide.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Does the kitchen business have clearance levels?
    I find it funny that someone like you, who has never held a clearance, chimes in on such issues. I mean the real issues about clearances.
    Not the tiny violin playing exploiter issues.
    Just like this guy who cannot give one solid reason why someone with a TS finds themselves in danger everyday.

Not sure what my profession has to do with your question. You asked for an example I gave you one.

This is more than one thread where you have opined that people who have a TS clearance are in no danger from threats because they have a TS clearance. You have given no proof of this but have graced us with a portion of your career history which is frankly irrelevant to the discussion. Thank you for your service but that has ZERO to do with this discussion. It has become apparent that your opinion is that if the average Joe hasn't dealt with the situations that you have experienced in your career that they aren't worthy of a permit. Fortunately for them your opinion bears no weight on the decision making process.

Shall not be infringed, right? Or shall not be infringed IF you are current or former LEO? The Bill of Rights can be a bitch at times, eh?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure what my profession has to do with your question. You asked for an example I gave you one.

This is more than one thread where you have opined that people who have a TS clearance are in no danger from threats because they have a TS clearance. You have given no proof of this but have graced us with a portion of your career history which is frankly irrelevant to the discussion. Thank you for your service but that has ZERO to do with this discussion. It has become apparent that your opinion is that if the average Joe hasn't dealt with the situations that you have experienced in your career that they aren't worthy of a permit. Fortunately for them your opinion bears no weight on the decision making process.

Shall not be infringed, right? Or shall not be infringed IF you are current or former LEO? The Bill of Rights can be a bitch at times, eh?
    No one has given proof how having a clearance puts them in danger.
    Admin assistants in my office have TS clearances. They have no more assumed risk of danger. Flight attendants know TS info. Hell, they are in more danger than some everyday worker bee at NSA.
    I've been in the admin side and operational side of having a TS. I've never seen danger and risk in the admin side.
    I have real world experience.
    So, just say clearance holders are using the system. Because I see beyond the smoke this "G&S" ******** they're trying to blow up people's asses.

So really your expertise here is how to beat the system. You really couldn't give a shit less on the actual reasons people need a permit.
    But you'll say anyone who retorts anything contrary to your belief is anti 2A.
    I'm all for shall issue. But it's hilarious to see people scramble behind ideas of how they can try to beat the Maryland system.
    But yeah. Go ahead and "call me out" because I make a case.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Admin assistants in my office have TS clearances. They have no more assumed risk of danger. Flight attendants know TS info. Hell, they are in more danger than some everyday worker bee at NSA.
    I've been in the admin side and operational side of having a TS. I've never seen danger and risk in the admin side.
    So, just say clearance holders are using the system. Because I see beyond the smoke this "G&S" ******** they're trying to blow up people's asses.

So really your expertise here is how to beat the system. You really couldn't give a shit less on the actual reasons people need a permit.
    I'm all for shall issue. But it's hilarious to see people scramble behind ideas of how they can try to beat the Maryland system.

Make a case for who, the MSP?

And please tell the class what are the actual reasons people need a permit? I wasn't aware that the 2A was found in the Bill of Needs.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

As I have shared before, the Director of National Intelligence disagrees with your assessment of the risks. Now I don't know, but I believe he might be privy to a little more information than a retired leo.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1_VJcca4ksBbnBAEBRYOJS

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    As I have shared before, the Director of National Intelligence disagrees with your assessment of the risks. Now I don't know, but I believe he might be privy to a little more information than a retired leo.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1_VJcca4ksBbnBAEBRYOJS

Well, if you can get the DNI to document your personal threat status by name on signed letterhead, MDSP may entertain it. Most people on MDS do not have the sorts of connections needed to make that happen.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Well, if you can get the DNI to document your personal threat status by name on signed letterhead, MDSP may entertain it. Most people on MDS do not have the sorts of connections needed to make that happen.

We definitely don't need to go that far. Hogan will probably remove the G&S requirement any decade now.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    We definitely don't need to go that far. Hogan will probably remove the G&S requirement any decade now.

At which time the Dem supermajority in the MDGA will pass and veto override a bill requiring the Governor to don a tall, conical hat and sit in a corner in Mike Miller's office for the remainder of his term. :sad20:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom