• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    My friend is a die-hard glock fanboy. He bought a G43 when it first came out and carried it every day. Then he shot a 365. Now he owns 2 P365s and the G43 sits in the safe.

Better trigger. Better sights. 66% more capacity. Same size.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    My friend is a die-hard glock fanboy. He bought a G43 when it first came out and carried it every day. Then he shot a 365. Now he owns 2 P365s and the G43 sits in the safe.

Better trigger. Better sights. 66% more capacity. Same size.

And there is now a 15 round magazine for the P365. May not want to carry it with that in the magwell., but it makes a great spare mag where allowed, and also makes the p365 a serviceable home defense gun with slight drawback on sight radius and mass, but a good amount of ammo.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Was carrying a g43 with taran tactical extensions but didn't like the idea that I had to take my little finger off the mag to do emergency reloads so I bought a P365. It felt ok but always thought that it had more recoil then the G43. We decided to do a felt recoil test with four of our instructors. We put 5 rounds in each mag of an M&P shield, a Kahr pm9, my sig and and a G43. We then shot 5 rounds each out of each firearms and wrote down the results. Ammo was 147gm. All four instructors thought the G43 had the less recoil. The sig wasn't even second. Now toting a G43X. Don't have to take the little finger on it to drop the mag.

I should have stopped reading before your post. I was used to my PPS m2 and never thought about my pinky on the extended mags...now it's all I think about when I carry it.
    Went to the range this morning and realized I was straightening my pinky to eject the empty mag for a quick reload.
    I like the feel and quality of the Walther and it shoots well.
    But now you planted this in my hypochondriac type brain and...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    In case anyone's curious, here's the completed family of P365 mags. flat 10, pinky 10, 12, and 15.

The topped-off 15 does make for quite a little brick as a spare in your pocket. Or, you could load it Baltimore style, with just three or four mix-and-match so it doesn't weigh as much :)

Attachments

• P365_mags.jpg
      P365_mags.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 247

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    In case anyone's curious, here's the completed family of P365 mags. flat 10, pinky 10, 12, and 15.

The topped-off 15 does make for quite a little brick as a spare in your pocket. Or, you could load it Baltimore style, with just three or four mix-and-match so it doesn't weigh as much :)

Can I ask where you found a 15rd mag? I called around to all the NoVa gun shops and nobody had them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It’s my picture. I just ordered it right from the Sig web site. Uh, I mean my friend who works at a Virginia street address did. I always like having lunch in Sterling.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Regarding the SIG 365 with manual safety, I imagine that a lot of holsters won't fit it because of the safety. Anybody got a bead on a good IWB holster that will fit the P365 with safety?

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    My P365 is new and not yet shot, but does anyone else have to give the magazines a good bump to get them to lock in the firearm, after loading? I do. It's more than I have to exert with other pistols, however, they do lock in.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    With one in the pipe and a full mag, mine does take a firm push to latch it in. Not worried about it. Any need in a real life problem scenario is going to have an adrenaline assist!

But no, no “bump” needed. Just pressing it in like I mean it. Feels about like my LCP2 or G43. Not buttery like my full sized pistols, but something like the P365 is at the hairy edge of tolerances to get you that 10+1 with the flat mag.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    My P365 is new and not yet shot, but does anyone else have to give the magazines a good bump to get them to lock in the firearm, after loading? I do. It's more than I have to exert with other pistols, however, they do lock in.

Yeah, the mag springs are obviously incredibly stiff to get that capacity.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    With one in the pipe and a full mag, mine does take a firm push to latch it in. Not worried about it. Any need in a real life problem scenario is going to have an adrenaline assist!

But no, no “bump” needed. Just pressing it in like I mean it. Feels about like my LCP2 or G43. Not buttery like my full sized pistols, but something like the P365 is at the hairy edge of tolerances to get you that 10+1 with the flat mag.

Even my mag is slower to drop than other pistols, but it does drop. Like you, I think the tolerances are really tight. Hoping use will
    loosen things up. I did get the newly released P365 with thumb safety (my preference).
    Appreciate the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom