Culpeper Co Sheriff to Deputize Citizens- can we benefit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    If gun control is to pass in Virginia this sheriff will deputize citizens and they will be able to conceal carry and purchase firearms only available to police.

So the next question is will non Virginians be able to be deputized also?

From what I understand if a person is deputized they can conceal carry nationwide according to a federal law. Ted Nugent was deputized in Michigan and he carries in all 50 states. That would be cool if we can get in on this.

https://wjla.com/news/local/culpeper-sheriff-deputize-residents-gun-laws-virginia

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd be willing to be deputized by a consenting Maryland Sheriff.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Great concept , but wonder about liability .

I think it’s a great “middle finger” idea but in practice it would be difficult to put in place by most Sheriff’s, except for the most rural areas.

In most jurisdictions Sheriff’s are elected so inevitably they become “politically” responsible/liable for their chosen deputies actions. I don’t see sheriff’s swearing in thousands of deputies for the sake of protecting them against unconstitutional state gun laws. However nothing really prevents them from doing so either.

The gambit is this: In Virginia the sheriff position is described within their state constitution, it is therefore possible that with enough. Bloomberg dollars the DC metro counties could win statewide ballot initiatives to change the constitution and curtail Sheriff’s duties in response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom