• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    Absolutely he should. But he might not, depending on who he's running against.

If he's running in the general election against an authoritarian progressive Dem who has no respect for any of the BoR, then he might not suffer consequences because he's the lesser of two bad choices. Same in the Rep primary if he's running against an extremist on the opposite end of the spectrum who can't win a general election, thereby enabling the aforementioned left-winger to end up with the seat, resulting in our rights getting stripped away.

I've had to hold my nose a lot in the voting booth for the past decade voting for the person who will cause me the least damage, no matter how much I despise him/her personally.

Representative democracy means having a choice, not necessarily having good choices. And yet it's still better than any alternative forms of government mankind has managed to come up with.

And that is where you lose me. I understand the merit of your argument. I even understand your viewpoint. I used to feel the same way.

I just dont agree anymore. It's time to take the gloves off with the people that are supposed to be on our side, but aren't. If voters in Virginia don't wake up, then we'll just end up with someone like Hogan. No thanks.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Who is going to run?

25% of elections were not even contested. Allowing more money to lie to the people in the closer ones.

Who wants the media hate?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Who is going to run?

25% of elections were not even contested. Allowing more money to lie to the people in the closer ones.

Who wants the media hate?

You've hit on a key problem for the Reps. Why would someone competent at running a business or working in a profession or job want the headache of running for office in the current environment?

On the Dem side, they have a nearly bottomless pit of ideologues to run, who aren't distracted by having successful careers in the Real World.

And then there's the problem of Blue on Blue attacks going on within the Republican Party as extra deterrent.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    I don't see anything newer than December 24th. I just posted a question and got a message that said the post would be reviewed by the folks who monitor the page. I would consider that a form of censorship on an official FB page?

EDIT: I did see a comment from MDSHOOTERS in that December 24th post about deleting comments. I did not go through every posts replies to see who commented. I posted a question directly to his page asking him to explain what he is hoping to accomplish with his bill. That is the one awaiting approval. If it does not make it to the home page, I may ask again in the reply sections of his posts. I guess they do not have to be approved?

Question, is there a problem, still? He stated he "withdrew the bill".

LRoberts

Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Vote Republican, vote freedom!

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+HB192

Basically an FOID scheme.

This guy needs to be swamped.

https://www.facebook.com/delegateorrock/

Piece of shit.

Nort, Did you see this?
    -------------------------------------------
    Delegate Bobby Orrock
    December 30, 2019 at 3:14 PM ·

Thank you for your feedback regarding House Bill 192. As I announced previously I will move to strike this bill, which will withdraw the bill from consideration. Per procedural requirements, my first opportunity to take this action will be January 8, when the 2020 Legislative Session convenes.

The sheer volume of comments and messages I have received on this subject via phone, email and Facebook makes it impossible for me to respond to each one. If you have a question, please email me at DelBOrrock@house.virginia.gov including your full name and address of residence. Priority will be given to residents of the 54th House District.

I am scheduled to be out of the office December 27-January 5, but will do my best to respond promptly when I return. Thank you for your input and patience.

Sincerely,
    Bobby Orrock

DelBOrrock@house.virginia.gov

Jun 4, 2015
    81218100_10218817962432655_7865989430165635072_n.jpg

LRoberts

Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Some see the comments. Others do not see the comments. Some may only see their own. It sounds like the algorithms in the book of feces are working as designed. I have absolutely no expectation for the Facebook product to work as one would expect, particularly when it involves politicians and politicial issues. What you see is not what you signed up for. It's what they want you to see and to not see.

Were Mike Evans (Calvert Co.) and Tim Cameron at the "We will not comply" Sheriffs' Conference. If so, what was their response? Asking because Cameron is a RINO and Evans is a dim0crap.

dejudge1@md.metrocast.net

Bob (friend of Lee)

LRoberts

Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Are you serious? Why should we continue to support a traitor to our rights? He is not my rep but I'm not far from his district. He does not represent what the majority of people in Virginia stand for. Time to be voted out. Also he's been a politician for 30 years. Time for new blood.

New blood? Be careful what you wish for. Think of all those millennials out there.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    This is what happens with changing demographics and yankees moving south. Do people really think Virginians are doing this? Hell delaware and maryland are the way they are from yankees moving south.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    This is what happens with changing demographics and yankees moving south. Do people really think Virginians are doing this? Hell delaware and maryland are the way they are from yankees moving south.

It can't be the Yankees. Remington was originally in NY. For over a century, New England was the center of firearms manufacturing in the US. Springfield Armory (the real one, not the company) was in Massachusetts, for goodness sake.

No, it must be Canadians moving south. Or maybe the Inuit? :D

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    It’s people that forget why they left the liberal run S***holes that they came from and what screwed them up in the first place.

They don't have a "live and let live" mindset. I've snuck into a lot of their FB groups and such, they deliberately move to non-blue areas with the intent of turning the places blue.

You have to remember that everything they claim to hate about their opposition is what they actually hate about themselves. All they do is psychologically project. They're like a virus, a disease, moving from place to place making more of itself for no reason.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    They don't have a "live and let live" mindset. I've snuck into a lot of their FB groups and such, they deliberately move to non-blue areas with the intent of turning the places blue.

You have to remember that everything they claim to hate about their opposition is what they actually hate about themselves. All they do is psychologically project. They're like a virus, a disease, moving from place to place making more of itself for no reason.
    Not sure who you are or where you came from but it sounds to me like you’ve got your brain housing group screwed on straight and level.

Bark on.

1raggedhole

Feb 7, 2008
    Seems like they want to outdo Marylinistan in this. At least they haven’t gone to an “approved gun list”.....yet. I can’t see the citizens of Virginia letting this happen. Being driven by NOVA.
    Who said we don't have an "approved gun list"? What do you call the Handgun Roster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom