• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kdmag88

Jan 10, 2018
    BB&T got an F. Suntrust got a C.

But didn't they just merge? Wonder where the new TRUIST stands. D is suppose...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Whoo Hooo , TD makes an F ! Of course opening an NFA trust account without batting an eye was a clue.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    2 years ago I went through the hassle of moving all my accounts from one that has a C on this list to one that is rated F based on 2A issues. Looks like I made the right move.

Last edited:

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    When I read the first couple of posts, I thought that the banks were being rated based upon their "support" of 2A and so thought that F was a bad grade. it wasn't until I read a couple more posts that I realized that the opposite was true. My bank has a D rating so they too have some work to do.

Cal68

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    PNC, F. Alright! This one in particular bothers me. It is none of their business to do this. Banks are in the money business. They shouldn't be undermining freedom.

Attachments

• 20200609_202912.jpg
      20200609_202912.jpg
      34 KB · Views: 344

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Wonder what it means when neither of my banks are even on the list? I’m going to take a wild guess that M&T is probably closer to an A than an F being NY based. My local community bank here on the Eastern Shore I’m just going to assume is an F if not lower.

euchoreo

Apr 6, 2013
    I think it's hilarious that the maker of that website seriously thinks significant amounts people with money will stop doing business with a bank simply because they show up on a naughty list on this website. They should promote the website more and see if they have a chic-fil-a effect.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Reviving this thread (and thanks, OP!) - I had a very, very small business account with M&T that was 2a-related. It had been open about 7 months. M&T closed it last week and quietly sent me a check for what was in it. I called and got no response, I emailed and got no response, I finally emailed the actual employee who helped me open the account and was told that "The back office had some questions about your website and what you sell." That was literally the response - and I said I needed a phone call from her or the branch manager, or I'd be closing all my accounts. Again, no response. I know M&T doesn't care about losing 2 middle-class salaries.

Does anyone have a specific bank recommendation aside from the website in the first post? I'm hoping to find a bank that is actually pro-2a (LOL), or at least honest up front with those policies. Banks with physical branches in Howard County would be a plus.

Thanks!

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Good to see both BB&T and Chase got an "F"...we bank with BB&T and my wife is an attorney and a VP of Chase. We bank with BB&T because Chase has no branches in MD.

Strange that Chase would get an F. I recall dumping a Chase credit card I had some years back specifically because of some anti-gun nonsense they supported. After a school shooting if I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom