• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    *****I know two people who work for the ATF who believe most every firearm, short of an old flintlock or single shot shotgun should be basically regulated and taxed through NFA. They will gladly enforce confiscation, after buybacks presumably fail to turn in the majority of the guns out there in private citizens hands. They are both screaming libs and are just waiting for Biden/Harris to win, and get the ball rolling. Yes, they own firearms themselves but they are "Professionals, with training" so I guess that makes it ok for only military and law enforcement to have guns but civilians or private citizens - not so much... :sad20:

People like this, in positions of influence and enforcement, are out there. Very anti 2nd amendment and proud of it. They know what's best for you as they are "Professionals, with training"

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    4ac9aaf77386254ce1af15596472ada7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Pistol braces were always a ludicrous play by people who thought they were gonna fool the ATF long term into getting freebie SBRs and skirt 5320.20s. Doubly so if they were using the SBA3/4, which DIDN'T EVEN HAVE DETERMINATION LETTERS FFS. Maybe Trump will override this (skeptical!), but when Biden wins the election, I fully expect a "lol braces and stabilizers are now stocks" determination from the ATF.

That said, I also think the NFA should go away entirely, even if that is basically politically impossible.

Did you come here just to troll peoples comments?

Way to add constructively to this discussion.

I am with Erwos. You are either out of touch with reality or simply lying to yourself and others if you think the left isn't wising up to these arm braces and how they are used, as intended or otherwise.

I remember my first time using an arm brace as well as the very first thing that popped into my head.

You can't reason with a lot of people here.

Guys, I own firearms of all types and I carry a gun every day. I'm the farthest thing from a fudd.

Erwos and Skipatroldude are right.

I think the NFA should be repealed. I think you should be able to own suppressors and sbrs especially, cash and carry. But the law says that we can't own full auto or SBR without a tax stamp. So when someone that was clever developed bump stocks or braces which serve NO other purpose other than to subvert the NFA, what did you think was gonna happen?

I mean seriously. Yes suppressors and SBR should be legal over the counter. But they aren't currently. Braces are obviously a way to get around that.

It just is what it is. We need to fight to repeal the NFA not worry about making ridiculous arguments like bump stocks and pistol braces have any practical purpose other than subverting the NFA. I don't know why anyone is surprised.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Hell you can purchase a suppressor in Europe. It is the gentlemanly thing to do as to not make too loud of noises whilst shooting to upset neighbors.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You can't reason with a lot of people here.

Guys, I own firearms of all types and I carry a gun every day. I'm the farthest thing from a fudd.

Erwos and Skipatroldude are right.

I think the NFA should be repealed. I think you should be able to own suppressors and sbrs especially, cash and carry. But the law says that we can't own full auto or SBR without a tax stamp. So when someone that was clever developed bump stocks or braces which serve NO other purpose other than to subvert the NFA, what did you think was gonna happen?

I mean seriously. Yes suppressors and SBR should be legal over the counter. But they aren't currently. Braces are obviously a way to get around that.

It just is what it is. We need to fight to repeal the NFA not worry about making ridiculous arguments like bump stocks and pistol braces have any practical purpose other than subverting the NFA. I don't know why anyone is surprised.

Yep. AR pistols and SBRs are not anymore lethal than their longer cousins and certainly are not getting concealed. Suppressors are still pretty loud. It is just a power/money grab. Regulating these things serves NO public safety interest.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    *****I know two people who work for the ATF who believe most every firearm, short of an old flintlock or single shot shotgun should be basically regulated and taxed through NFA. They will gladly enforce confiscation, after buybacks presumably fail to turn in the majority of the guns out there in private citizens hands. They are both screaming libs and are just waiting for Biden/Harris to win, and get the ball rolling. Yes, they own firearms themselves but they are "Professionals, with training" so I guess that makes it ok for only military and law enforcement to have guns but civilians or private citizens - not so much... :sad20:

People like this, in positions of influence and enforcement, are out there. Very anti 2nd amendment and proud of it. They know what's best for you as they are "Professionals, with training"

Yep, let's scare the hell out of everyone. I'm sure confiscation will commence next week.

I personally know hundreds of cops and military members....and none would take part in confiscation....but it's fun to get in an uproar I guess.....

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Here’s the problem du jour...

ATF said braces are legal and you can shoulder the “pistol” that’s NOT an SBR.

Now, ATF say they’re not legal and are in fact an SBR/AOW and require a stamp AND require it after the fact.

ATF are making an interpretation, allowing/encouraging public “consumption” (behavior) in line with the new interpretation, allowing that to stand for a period of time THEN ATF are gonna de facto make lots of folks who acted in a compliant manner, non compliant...and thus be breaking “the law.”

All this of course purposely ignores the wholesale infringement action that BATFE is the principle proponent but not sole proprietor of...

Welcome fellow criminals.

Anybody else see that BATFE is putting out a new 4473 to start next month? Top third of front page is a firm to annotate the mfr, model and caliber of your purchase(s)...???

Last edited:

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Not buying anything from gymratz...check
    Not buying into the pistol brace craze...check
    Not building any 80% anything...check

Batting 1000 so far...by the time I get around to getting into something its been banned or sussed out already.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's nice to be deferential to the Law. The problem accurs when the legislature passes laws that are illegal under the COTUS, and the courts defer to the legislature instead of doing their job according to their oaths.

At that point, the burden falls oon the citizenry, from whom the authority of government iss granted. And no, it's not supposed to be "mob rule" aka "democracy". We're set up as a republic, with protections built in to prevent the tyranny pf the majority, most of which have been suverted by legislators for their personal gain.

The way things are going, we deserve to lose the freedoms we have left, and I suspect this will happen in my lifetime. (I'm 73).

But by all means, obey the law.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Yep. AR pistols and SBRs are not anymore lethal than their longer cousins and certainly are not getting concealed. Suppressors are still pretty loud. It is just a power/money grab. Regulating these things serves NO public safety interest.

Perception is part of the problem. Every non-gun person I've ever talked to think suppressors are movie quiet and that only criminals use them. Other than a subsonic suppressed 22, I've never heard one that quiet, like you said.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Perception is part of the problem. Every non-gun person I've ever talked to think suppressors are movie quiet and that only criminals use them. Other than a subsonic suppressed 22, I've never heard one that quiet, like you said.

I've never heard of one being used by a criminal, outside of entertainment media.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

My suppressed 7.62x39 bolt gun is a bit quieter than a .22 short with subsonics .... man I love it.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Hell you can purchase a suppressor in Europe. It is the gentlemanly thing to do as to not make too loud of noises whilst shooting to upset neighbors.

Here they want us to piss off the neighbors, so that everyone hates gun owners.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You'll never shoot 300blk in a semi after that. If ever in the same place I can demo the difference between 300blk loads for a semi vs. a bolt. The difference is dramatic.

I’ve had the pleasure. I need it in my life. I hardly ever shoot my .300 BLK AR as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom