• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    The high temps and pressure have shut down the hunting here. Next Monday a cold front is coming through and I predict all hell is gonna break loose here...

My 11 pointer, one double brow tine, the other side may have been double at one time. Taken Oct 28, an hour before sunset while he was pushing a doe. Crossbow, 35 yards. I hit him high and ended up cutting his throat. Over 200 pounds in the field.

I let an 8 pointer walk yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_9460.jpg
      IMG_9460.jpg
      89.2 KB · Views: 317
    • FullSizeRender.jpg
      FullSizeRender.jpg
      127.7 KB · Views: 328

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My 11 pointer, one double brow tine, the other side may have been double at one time. Taken Oct 28, an hour before sunset while he was pushing a doe. Crossbow, 35 yards. I hit him high and ended up cutting his throat. Over 200 pounds in the field.

That's a big boy there. Congrats!

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

Wow, great buck. That’s definitely a species of deer I’m not at all familiar with. Congratulations.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    #2 son in law just whacked an 8 pointer. On my way to help with the drag out. Story of my life this season: no shooting just drag, butcher and bag.

Attachments

• 80433004-7135-47EA-BD49-38CAC54371D1.jpg
      80433004-7135-47EA-BD49-38CAC54371D1.jpg
      131.5 KB · Views: 312

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Nice buck! :party29: You definitely need to find some time to get in on the action.

My freezer died last weekend... putting a nice damper on going out this weekend here (for deer at least). The last bit of freezer space in the refrigerator was taken up by a fairly small freezer deer that I took earlier this year. Happy to have the meat, but will be missing the hunt as the rut continues.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013

Nice bucks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Congrats! That is a great buck.

I got to see this yesterday. In an area where the deer are somewhat fenced in and very tame. Still cool to see this though.
    #2 son in law just whacked an 8 pointer. On my way to help with the drag out. Story of my life this season: no shooting just drag, butcher and bag.
    Another nice buck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I'm almost embarrassed to post my baby-sized button buck compared to all of the monsters being posted!

auNK9Je.jpg

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I'm almost embarrassed to post my baby-sized button buck compared to all of the monsters being posted!

auNK9Je.jpg

I hear you but meat is meat, I got two little ones so far. Both deer ran maybe 20 yards, both had broken shoulders and both bolts went clear through. One I found and the other might still be going, I dunno. 400 fps xbow is LETHAL, almost unfair. :)

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I hear you but meat is meat, I got two little ones so far. Both deer ran maybe 20 yards, both had broken shoulders and both bolts went clear through. One I found and the other might still be going, I dunno. 400 fps xbow is LETHAL, almost unfair. :)

:beer: After the disaster that I just dealt with hitting him too far back with the compound, I'm definitely going back to my scoped Barnett crossbow. Guts all over my precious tenderloins and organs. I was not amused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom