• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I snuck out for a couple hours before date night and jumped a nice buck on the way in. Didn't get a real good look, so I don't know if it was my buck from yesterday or not :( I guess I'll sit a while and see what happens

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Is it just me or is that a small body for all them points he has?

Yeah he looks a little scrawny. Looks like s young deer with good genetics.

It's mostly camera angle I think. He's probably only a two year old deer.

It's a fairly wide angle camera, so that may make him look smaller.
    I've never seen him before, and I've had cameras near where this one is for two years.
    I'm going to put some Wildgame Innovations Acorn Rage near that camera and another one not far away and see if I can get him again.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Got my second buck of the year this morning. It was all quiet on my stretch of the mountain all morning until 10:00 when this one stepped out about 35 yards in front of my blind. He made it about 10 yds then stopped and dropped.

Attachments

• Buck 2020.jpg
      Buck 2020.jpg
      173.6 KB · Views: 283

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Got my second buck of the year this morning. It was all quiet on my stretch of the mountain all morning until 10:00 when this one stepped out about 35 yards in front of my blind. He made it about 10 yds then stopped and dropped.
    Nice work! Now are we looking at the exit wound?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Quietest opening morning of WVa rifle season in years. I heard 7 shots and only saw a couple does. It was gusting to 30+ on the ridge where I sat. Really bad choice of stands.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Pretty interesting hunt today. It was raining today so I thought the dirt road to the spot I've been going to would be too muddy and I didn't want to get stuck. So I went to another spot. It was the spot where the young buck and 2 does were running right towards me in daylight a few weeks ago. I sat there until dusk and nothing showed so I went to the plowed cornfield where I see deer grazing a lot. It was the field that the deer were running towards that time.
    It was almost too dark to see but I wanted to look around with the binocs anyway. I saw a nice doe grazing but she noticed my movement and headed towards the wood patch where she beds. She was pretty big and I thought about taking her but it was too dark. I looked to the other side of the field and saw other deer coming out of the woods on that side about 300 yards away. After a couple of minutes three deer start running towards me as I stood there watching them with my binocs. I was wearing the HECS suit again and once again it was the same young buck running right towards me. I thought it was going to run over me again. LOL!
    He got about 10 yards from me then caught my scent as it hit the crosswind behind me. He stopped cold and looked confused then ran back to the woods again.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    All I saw yesterday afternoon we're does. A dozen of them came out and grazed under my stand at last light so I took one.

Earlier, I saw a coyote chasing two does, so I shot it. 250 yards in strong winds, that was tough. First two shots missed, third hit the base of it's neck.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Didn't see a single deer yet today. There haven't been more than 5 shots in the area all day. It's so quiet.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    An old high school friend posted the 4 pointer that her dad took down yesterday. Smallish guy, but big enough to get a decent amount of meat off of. Both of the deer that she took in early bow season were smaller as well. She lives in Lincoln Co. Normally by this time I see quite a few pictures on my FB feed from friends back home, but I'm seeing very little right now. Maybe the opener came at the same time as lockdown in the area? Didn't see a single deer on my way to work today which is unusual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom