• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Really would love to find a PTR-32 but that's impossible atm and has been for the last 6 months. anyone here have one?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Buddy just sold his with a case of ammo.

Very accurate and I was all around impressed with it. I would have bought his in a moment but I'm trying to downsize on long guns.

Great rifle that gets over looked by many.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    My BIL has one. Its on the heavy side very reliable and fun to shoot. He bought it second hand, the bolt cracked and PTR fixed it for free. I'd get one if I could/had the money.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have one, 12". Probably my favorite rifle. OSS suppressor works very well on it w/o a locking pc change.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Gen2s were pretty cool, but I think somewhat picky on the mag front. Good substitute if you want something G3-ish in this state.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I think they are great guns. I had to replace the locking paw springs on my first gen 1s and also the locking peice to a 15 lb. but the 2nd gen guns I haven't had to touch. either way they are very soft shooting and yes a tad on the heavy side. but I enjoy them more than my AK's

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    either way they are very soft shooting
    This is a point worth repeating. They used a 308 receiver for a 223 length round. They did not use the HK93 receiver (that magwell wont fit stock AK mags.) Similar to using an AR10 receiver to shoot a round that fits the AR15. The extra mass and recoil distance of the bolt make it a really soft shooting gun.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    This is a point worth repeating. They used a 308 receiver for a 223 length round. They did not use the HK93 receiver (that magwell wont fit stock AK mags.) Similar to using an AR10 receiver to shoot a round that fits the AR15. The extra mass and recoil distance of the bolt make it a really soft shooting gun.

I wouldn't say it's soft but it is a weird recoil impulse due to the roller locking delay. It's not a hard shooter by any means, it's just different. It reminds me of a Browning A5 with the reciprocating barrel. Much different feel than a pump or even a gas system like the 1187.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    It's soft. It is insanely easy to control w/ a registered sear compared to other guns or even other HKs. The cyclic rate is very slow too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom