• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    For me personally, the AR15 based rifle are a lot of fun to shoot. It's a modern rifle and is fairly versatile with the ability to swap out different parts.

There are a lot of things that are not "necessary". I don't "need" to to go rock climbing or mountain biking, and some would argue these are dangerous activities that lead to an emergency room visit. But these are fun things, and I am willing to take responsibility for my actions. Same thing with a 20 ounce soda, I certainly don't "need" one, but I may opt to have one every once and a while.

I think owning a firearm is analogous. They are fun to shoot. I use mine responsibly. The buck stops with me.

Then there's my right 2nd amendment right, which I think speaks for itself. (Well - it should at least).

That's why I own AR15 rifles.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    how likely do you really think it is that there will be a situation in which you need to protect yourself with more firepower than 25 rounds of .22 in one magazine?

well, if .22lr is your idea of "ideal" home defense, who am I to tell you otherwise? at 20 years of age, you're CLEARLY an expert on terminal ballistics and have put plenty of thought into the best way to immediately stop a threat.

my previous statement about ignorance and orgasms remains in effect.

(sadly i can't stop clicking on this thread....it's too damn hilarious)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dag gum , I was ready to give benefit of the doubt to the OP as to a legit inquiry. Until post #12.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Alright, all I was wondering was if it was actually worth buying one. You don't have to tell me that I'm some sort of freedom hating communist. And by the way, how likely do you really think it is that there will be a situation in which you need to protect yourself with more firepower than 25 rounds of .22 in one magazine? I didn't realize that robbers and home invaders were wearing military grade body armor! thanks for the update! And for that matter, how often are you going to kill a man at 300 yards??

I wasn't questioning your RIGHT to own an AR. DID I EVER SAY THAT??? All I asked is, "I mean, how likely is it that there will ever be a situation where I would need that sort of rifle?". The situation I am talking about is where we are fighting a war on American soil.

Okay, fine. So you own one because you want one or because you can, FINE! You are so quick to attack someone for asking a question about whether or not I should buy a certain type of rifle. You know why anti-gun people have such a good argument for gun control laws? its because gun owners, like you all, jump to the highest level of force in any situation, just because you can.

And yes, the safety on the American is quite loud.

tumblr_lek6cmlBfk1qakx30.gif

I bet this guy likes to party

funny-gifs-never-stop.gif

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Alright, all I was wondering was if it was actually worth buying one. You don't have to tell me that I'm some sort of freedom hating communist. And by the way, how likely do you really think it is that there will be a situation in which you need to protect yourself with more firepower than 25 rounds of .22 in one magazine? I didn't realize that robbers and home invaders were wearing military grade body armor! thanks for the update! And for that matter, how often are you going to kill a man at 300 yards??

I wasn't questioning your RIGHT to own an AR. DID I EVER SAY THAT??? All I asked is, "I mean, how likely is it that there will ever be a situation where I would need that sort of rifle?". The situation I am talking about is where we are fighting a war on American soil.

Okay, fine. So you own one because you want one or because you can, FINE! You are so quick to attack someone for asking a question about whether or not I should buy a certain type of rifle. You know why anti-gun people have such a good argument for gun control laws? its because gun owners, like you all, jump to the highest level of force in any situation, just because you can.

tumblr_lek6cmlBfk1qakx30.gif

I bet this guy likes to party

funny-gifs-never-stop.gif
    :lol:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

You may want to rethink your choice of going into my beloved USMC, because they are not about fair fights. They are about meeting force with overwhelming force. If they, your opposition, shoot at you with a pistol you respond with a machine gun. Fair fights are for boxing rings, not the battlefield. The same is true for someone entering my home uninvited, they will be met with overwhelming force, not an extended empty hand.

You are the one who brought up the "need" of for an AR-15. You are the one who needs to further his education of the world and concentrate on the events if last 100 years. Russia just took over Ukraine by bringing to bear an overwhelming force into the Ukraine. Yes I said it the Ukraine, in its entirety has been taken over by Russia.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    this is what I was expecting. I do not get that excited when I see ARs at the range. Thank you!

You had better get excited by the AR-15 style rifles. You will need to be proficient in its effective operation and use. You will have to shoot it each and every year you are in the USMC. Even the reserves have to qualify yearly. As an officer you are going to want to wear the expert badge as opposed to the pizza box. There is nothing sadder than an infantry officer wearing two pizza boxes upon his breast.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You had better get excited by the AR-15 style rifles. You will need to be proficient in its effective operation and use. You will have to shoot it each and every year you are in the USMC. Even the reserves have to qualify yearly. As an officer you are going to want to wear the expert badge as opposed to the pizza box. There is nothing sadder than an infantry officer wearing two pizza boxes upon his breast.

Pizza Box?

Pic Please.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

I like this guy. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 375px-USMCqualbadge.jpg
      375px-USMCqualbadge.jpg
      31.8 KB · Views: 288

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.

Okay, fine. So you own one because you want one or because you can, FINE! You are so quick to attack someone for asking a question about whether or not I should buy a certain type of rifle. You know why anti-gun people have such a good argument for gun control laws? its because gun owners, like you all, jump to the highest level of force in any situation, just because you

Lol emotional little booger aint he?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    My real question is, is an HBAR style rifle really necessary to own as a civilian? I mean, how likely is it that there will ever be a situation where I would need that sort of rifle? Do many people just buy an HBAR for the fun of it?

You've already stated that you own a rifle in .30-06. Which is a far more powerful cartridge than 5.56.

Rephrase your above questions to concern the .30-06, instead of the 5.56, and I think you'll understand why people are flabbergasted by your line of questioning. It mirrors the rhetoric of anti-gun-ownership types who know little to nothing about firearms.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Nobody needs a rifle as powerful and accurate as a .30-06. Jeez, that's a military round, designed for machine guns and Main Battle Rifles. You don't need one to shoot a deer or even a bear. It's not even legal for hunting in many places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom