• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaftPict

Aug 20, 2012
    Escaped to Hedgesville WV
    I think I already know the answer is NO but I wanted to ask the 'experts'.
    I recently saw the new bullpup conversion kit for the HiPoint carbines and the new overall length would be 26 1/4" which is too short for a rifle to be purchased in MD. I'm assuming that these consumer conversions would also be verboten, but you never know with MD.
    Please don't start a hate hipoint thread - I keep one as my SHTF trunk gun rather than my go-to and the only reason I'm looking at this is that (I think) it's less ugly but also smaller in my trunk..
    cheers :party29:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    bullpup conversion triggers suck. I think that here is one of the rare times the law is saving you from yourself.

Yes, you could pin and weld a device to make it legal. Save your money, get a Tavor.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I really, really want to like the concept of Bullpups . Increasing the ratio of bbl length/ OAL is a good thing.

In America that would be running a 16in bbl @ 26in OAL.
    In Maryland , that would be running a 20-ish in bbl @ 29in OAL .

But the triggers are the sticking point . And left handed capability.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Triggers on production bullpups like the Tavor have improved significantly, and there are aftermarket triggers made by Geissle.

Triggers on "conversion kits" have to use the rifle receiver setup, so they are like a crowbar attached to another crowbar which hits an anvil, with a 45lb spring in between. Not a good setup either for defensive shooting or precision shooting. Plus they are shorter than a bat, so they are not even good for that as plan B.

Rylo33

Feb 18, 2019
    Baltimore County
    Just wondering if any thing changed about the “copycat “ law. I received an email from High Tower today saying these conversions were in stock and that Since i was on the waiting list I could now process my order. Just curious before I order

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    bullpup conversion triggers suck. I think that here is one of the rare times the law is saving you from yourself.

Yes, you could pin and weld a device to make it legal. Save your money, get a Tavor.

Spend the money on a Time Machine to return to September 2013 to get the 26" OAL Tavor, LOL...

They are nice!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Spend the money on a Time Machine to return to September 2013 to get the 26" OAL Tavor, LOL...

They are nice!

Or spend the money on a time machine to fast forward to December 2019 when your dealer will pin and weld your new shortie suppressor to a 16" Barrel Tavor bringing your integrally suppressed hotness to just over 29". MD compliant, and 136 decibels.:tongue01::tongue01: to Frosh

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Desert Tech MDR Has the same problem as Tavor, too short, So you need to make it about 3" longer

I believe they are releasing a specific model with a 19" barrel that will accommodate the above requirement.

Or that may be some old marketing lit.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I believe they are releasing a specific model with a 19" barrel that will accommodate the above requirement.

Or that may be some old marketing lit.

Eventually. But the 300blk does not even come out until dec 2019, which probably means 2020. I doubt we will see 19" models until the end of 2020. Meantime, you will need a long muzzle brake or FH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom