• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • '04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    All of a sudden, I can't log on to MDS from my iphone. It just says wrong username or password. Multiple PCs work fine. I have tried changing my password from a PC to verify functionality there, does not help the phone. Also tried logging on from my wife's iphone and got the same problem. Not using tapatalk.

I was out of town in a remote area with no cell service for several days, when I got back to civilization, no bueno... Tried resetting the phone, IOS update, but nothing is working. I'm only partially tech savvy, so it could be something simple I haven't tried.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    There is an update that has been put out. Check and see if you need to update then give it another shot.

No updates available

Clear your history and website data in Safari

Tried that, no luck

Also, tried my coworkers android phone and it works. Weird how multiple iphones do not. I need to try on someone else's iphone besides mine and my wife's...

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Curious... just for chits and giggles, type your password temporarily in Notes on your Iphone (in clear text). See if it's being rendered properly.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The problem is that you have an apostrophe in your user name. No, really. That's the problem. Very possible that your iPhone is replacing a simple apostrophe (the standard ASCII character) with a curly apostrophe ... and that's like mis-typing any other character in your user name when you try to sign in. You might try typing out your user name in any other app or text editor on your iPhone that does NOT replace that character, then copy/paste that into the MDS login screen, telling MDS to remember your UID so you don't have to do that again in the future.

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    The problem is that you have an apostrophe in your user name. No, really. That's the problem. Very possible that your iPhone is replacing a simple apostrophe (the standard ASCII character) with a curly apostrophe ... and that's like mis-typing any other character in your user name when you try to sign in. You might try typing out your user name in any other app or text editor on your iPhone that does NOT replace that character, then copy/paste that into the MDS login screen, telling MDS to remember your UID so you don't have to do that again in the future.

That solved it, thanks :thumbsup:

Funny thats never been a problem before. I wonder if the latest IOS update changed the character?...

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    You were BANNED!

All of a sudden, I can't log on to MDS from my iphone. It just says wrong username or password. Multiple PCs work fine. I have tried changing my password from a PC to verify functionality there, does not help the phone. Also tried logging on from my wife's iphone and got the same problem. Not using tapatalk.

I was out of town in a remote area with no cell service for several days, when I got back to civilization, no bueno... Tried resetting the phone, IOS update, but nothing is working. I'm only partially tech savvy, so it could be something simple I haven't tried.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Aren't you the guy that got banned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom