• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Puffer

Jul 28, 2009
    Accokeek
    I am preparing the C & R form and emailed the State licensing group as the form requests for a persons name and contact information but have not heard back. The phone system recording says that the office is not open. Is there a direct line to someone?

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Are you trying to find the Chief law enforcement officer to notify them? I send mine to the county Sheriff. I'm not sure what state licensing group you are talking about but I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with a C&R license.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You don't need any action or response back from them , it is only required for you to Mail it to them . If they then put it in the circular file , or even return it to you , it doesn't matter, you met your obligation by simply mailing it to any of the 3 or 4 plausible CLEO you have . ( By ATF definition , CLEO can include Sheriff , Chief of local or county PD , State Police , or Chief Prosecutor .)

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I normally send to the Sheriff with a cover letter stating the reason and that no action is required on his part. There have been examples posted on this forum.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I wonder if the USPS, in the state of disarray they are in, ever loses these? Asking for a friend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom