• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Not for me, neighbor was asking if he should mail order hi-cap mags or go the VA gun show.
    I did not have the legal expertise to give him a solid answer,, and realy did not know what to tell him. I was unsure if "Mail order" is considered "Out of state" purchase?

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    It’s not. You can order rebuild kits then put them together out of state. Easiest to go out of state to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I will let him know, that is what I thought.
    He was leaning mail order because "they would mail them" , so he thought it was legal.

He is another new "covid/riots" gun owner.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I will let him know, that is what I thought.
    He was leaning mail order because "they would mail them" , so he thought it was legal.

He is another new "covid/riots" gun owner.

No sale, purchase, manufacture or transfer in Maryland. They mail them, he gets the package, that’s a transfer. Possession is legal.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Not for me, neighbor was asking if he should mail order hi-cap mags or go the VA gun show.
    I did not have the legal expertise to give him a solid answer,, and realy did not know what to tell him. I was unsure if "Mail order" is considered "Out of state" purchase?

As everyone else already said, go to a show. If you're in central or northern MD, there is a Gettysburg show coming up in mid December. Smaller crowds, no lines, cheaper ticket, always lots of mags to be adopted to a good home.

Gunshow, pay cash. Your name is Art Vandalay, and you're in the import/export business.

:thumbsup:

If you order them, they could show up when you're on the John. That would be bad.

maxresdefault.jpg

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Is there such a thing as high capacity magazines? Should we instead use the words "standard capacity," or "magazines of greater than ten round capacity," or simply "magazines not legal to purchase in Maryland"?

I'm tired of playing leftist word games that infringe upon civil rights.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Is there such a thing as high capacity magazines? Should we instead use the words "standard capacity," or "magazines of greater than ten round capacity," or simply "magazines not legal to purchase in Maryland"?

This guy is right.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

There are both high capacity magazines and standard capacity magazines. And either one may be less than or more than 10 rounds.

Standard cap mags for a 1911 are 7 or 8 rounds. They do make 10 round high capacity and even 15 round ones.

For a P320, the standard capacity mags are 17 rounds, and there are 21 round high capacity mags.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Nope

You cannot legally buy, sell, or give the magazines to another person IN Maryland. Mail Order is not out of state because the mag is being sent to Maryland. You or your friend can go to another state and buy them and bring them back. But you or your friend can't buy, sell or give them to anybody once you are back in Maryland. You and your friend could not even swap them if you changed your mind about the color or brand. That's right, you are STUCK with them. You probably could not even "give" them to the police to get them out of your life. :lol2: Oh, the horror. Being stuck having mags that hold more than 10 rounds. Might as well shoot with them!

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Here's my argument,

AR15 rifles standard mag is 30rnd correct?

Beretta packages 15rnd mags from the factory.

Glock19 is 15rnd also.

Yada yada yada,

SO, how is it they are deemed "high capacity" if it is standard?

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville

Sorry, I posted B4 I saw your post.

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    I find the gun show is the easiest option. Cheaper too since you don't need to pay for shipping.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Visit some out of state gun stores. Local shop in berkeley springs has 30rnd pmags for $13. Lots of hi cap glock mags...walls and bins full of them for much better prices than gunshows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom