• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I was always a lever rifle and revolver type of guy, mix in a few Ruger minis, 223 bolts, Ultra Sluggers, Black powder, etc.

Wife started shooting in the last year and is a semi auto gal and I was feeling outgunned. Bought some Semi auto handguns,

So now Interested in building a AR15 and AR10 from 80% lowers.
    I plan on going to the Chantilly show.

Any 80% lowers I should look for?
    Any I should avoid?
    what brands are typ at shows? junk? (I am not going polymer)

This is why I am always broke,, that and the horses!!

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    New to "ARs" what lower?

Aero precision and Spikes tactical are good basic lowers around $125 now. Can get them cheaper on holiday sales. Do you live in VA ? If not you’ll have to get it transferred to a MD FFL.
    Never mind. Saw your looking for 80%. Cerro forge are good 80% lowers and the 5D tactical jig works great for AR-15 and 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I always get Anderson lowers. They’re cheap and usually in stock. I know they’re “cheaper” but honesty they’re still good lowers.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I like the Cerro Forge 80% lowers. Keyhole forge mark. Good luck finding them.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Aero Precision makes great stuff, IMO. Their M4e1 lower is one of my all time favorites and can be had for around $100 when in stock.

I’ve put together 4 Spikes lowers and they all ended up having consistently the most upper/lower slop out of any others I’ve worked with (even after matching with 4 separate uppers from two different brands) but perhaps I’ve just gotten unlucky. Not too sloppy but definitely not tight. They’ve got some cool designs if that’s your thing.

SOLGW is top notch, if you can find it. I really like their LPK’s

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    OP, not sure where you are located, but if you go 80% you are welcome to my jig. You just need a bit. PM if interested.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Since this would not be illegal, I would be happy to order a metric shit-ton of 80 percent lowers and give them to all y’all as long as you pay me for them.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Since this would not be illegal, I would be happy to order a metric shit-ton of 80 percent lowers and give them to all y’all as long as you pay me for them.

If you are putting together a group buy I'm in, I think 80% lowers are more important than ever, considering current events.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you are putting together a group buy I'm in, I think 80% lowers are more important than ever, considering current events.

I’m not going to put it together, because I’m lazy. I am willing to put in an order for a ton of lowers if people want to pay cash for them. No names taken, no questions asked.

My jigs only go to people I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom