"Gun record keeping questions that have been nagging at me for a while" Revisited

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I found the above referenced thread dated 10/11/2015. Some posters said they contacted the MSP Licensing Division and were able to get their "file" on regulated firearms that were registered to them. Has anyone done this lately and if so what was involved and who did you contact at MSP? Even if you have not personally done this are you aware of anyone that has recently?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If it is incorrect, for instance if you sold a gun and they still have it logged to you, will they correct the record?

No, they never 'unregister' a gun, but they do loose some paperwork

MSP's paperwork isn't an ownership list, its a purchase list. You never "unpurchase" something

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Maryland State Police Rhea Harris, Office of the Superintendent 1201Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208 (410)653-4314 msp.pia@maryland.gov www.mdsp.org

- is what I found in the MD Public Information Act manual. I assume a written letter or an eamil might work. If anyone tries it, a report back here would be welcomed.

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    If you go to the MSP website and look under licensing, you can find a list of all regulated firearms in your name. You have to open an “account” and give it a password. This is the same site you would use for tracking a ccw permit application. It’s free.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    If you go to the MSP website and look under licensing, you can find a list of all regulated firearms in your name. You have to open an “account” and give it a password. This is the same site you would use for tracking a ccw permit application. It’s free.

The list of 77R applications?

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County

Is that just electronic 77rs? Does it include purchases pre-portal?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I asked for mine and they said it would be a while

4lz25l.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

What safeguards are there against identity theft? Can I get a list of my neighbor's guns?

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    So no way to remove items from their "list"? I have a few 77R's on lowers I purchased over the years, many of which I later ended up re-selling (to another MD resident of course) as completed rifles when I got bored of them or when someone offered me something I couldnt refuse for the finished rifles.

If this whole thing goes through with Bidens plan to move them NFA status (I think thats what I read) and the $200 stamp, you know that MD will probably be first in line to volunteer thier "list" to the ATF. How would you then prove you dont still own that lower/firearm?

This could get messy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom