• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    Found these on gunbroker and had to get them. They look so goofy. One was cherry on the outside but ALL the springs were shot and rusty. The second was crummy on the outside but springs were excellent. I slow rust blued them a few times and found new springs from Jack First gun parts. After destroying one firing pin spring by putting it in backwards, I figured it all out and they work fine.
    Waiting on ammo. Got burned ordering from somewhere I have never used before and had to dispute the charge on my credit card. Just a suggestion, if the ammo company says they drop ship from a third party, run away. I ended up ordering some 32 ACP from SGammo yesterday.
    Can’t wait to put some lead down range.

Attachments

• BBD28BAA-17DA-4600-8587-5C708B1D1C80.jpg
      BBD28BAA-17DA-4600-8587-5C708B1D1C80.jpg
      138.9 KB · Views: 328
    • 75C18334-FEAE-4D34-9DDF-241F20724FFC.jpg
      75C18334-FEAE-4D34-9DDF-241F20724FFC.jpg
      137.9 KB · Views: 329

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Shoot, I've got gobs of .32ACP, I'd have met up and handed off a box to ya.

Those are pretty neat. They didn't make a lot of them and they were only produced for somewhere between 8 and 10 years. They're essentially an "improved" version of the Webley 1913 which H&R originally made licensed copies of in .25 IIRC.

I know Ian McCollum from Forgotten Weapons found the Webley to be pleasant to shoot. With the striker spring being less cumbersome than the hammer spring in the Webley, these are easier to rack the slide on, but I'm not sure if that affects the observed/felt recoil vs the Webley.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    You'd enjoy Stephen Cutherbertson's book Worldwide Webley and the Harrington and Richardson Connection.
    I've been surprised that the H&R autos haven't gotten much love over the years vs their Webley cousins, which have rocketed in value. Neat pistols.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Look at prices on the Webley 1907. Most start @ $600 and go up from there. Saw an immaculate example sell recently for over $1K.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Have we been bidding against each other? After I gave up on buying Milsurps here I first bought a dozen or so Military Bolt Rifles in Germany then a half dozen semi auto pistols in Finland. Now I have been on a H&R Self Loader, Webley Auto Loader, and 1907-17 Savage kick. I sold my first H&R .32 but have managed to get a H&R .25 for $230 and Webley .32. I got lucky on the Webley picked it up for $450. Going after a H&R .32 right now. Picked up a French Contract 1907 Savage last week for $399. I like these little pistols and the best part is prices are still reasonable, except for the 9mm and .455 Webleys but one day I will get one of each.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Have we been bidding against each other? After I gave up on buying Milsurps here I first bought a dozen or so Military Bolt Rifles in Germany then a half dozen semi auto pistols in Finland. Now I have been on a H&R Self Loader, Webley Auto Loader, and 1907-17 Savage kick. I sold my first H&R .32 but have managed to get a H&R .25 for $230 and Webley .32. I got lucky on the Webley picked it up for $450. Going after a H&R .32 right now. Picked up a French Contract 1907 Savage last week for $399. I like these little pistols and the best part is prices are still reasonable, except for the 9mm and .455 Webleys but one day I will get one of each.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Luckily no. But I have one of everything you picked up and are chasing, we're certainly traveling on the same C&R path. If you wanna see a cool bunch of Savage autos check out the threads posted by LKGMADMAX. He's the king of Savage autos here on MDS. Me, I love 'em but also adore William Whiting's Webley auto designs. Much better guns than they get credit for.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    If you wanna see a cool bunch of Savage autos check out the threads posted by LKGMADMAX. He's the king of Savage autos here on MDS.

He's in a few of the Facebook groups that I'm in as well. He's the king of Savage autos there as well. He might just be THE king of Savage autos, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom