• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    The Mosin M-38 is something I always bring. Mostly it is left in the trunk. BUT it has saved many a day when whatever I was doing that day did not 'cooperate'. She has been loaned to more than a few on the line who had the same problem. NOTHING makes a bad day better than BIG BOOMS, and FIREBALLS!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yes. Always.

I don’t have as many guns as I want. I have too many to give each one the attention I think it deserves. They’ll have to deal.

I try to keep it reasonable. Usually picking long guns or handguns. I try not more than two of either. But sometimes if I know I’ll be there awhile I’ll sneak along my 10/22 or a 3rd handgun or rifle.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I’ve got several uppers to test. Just make sure they shoot okay.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Me and my range buddies always ask each other , "what are you thinking? " and we all kinda bring something like the other is, Of course there is always times that we need to try stuff out thats new so those get thrown in the mix. Typically i take no more than 3 rifles to the range at a time so that i dont spend hours cleaning when i get home.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I usually take three rifles and a couple of pistols. Anything that needs testing will go along with at least one that is just fun to shoot and is known to be reliable.

As for big booms and fireballs, my M-44 has been going a lot because I have been experimenting with different things to make it more accurate. It always draws attention when I squeeze the trigger.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    This helps some, Apache 4800

Pistol-case-2.jpg

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    I try to limit the guns to two calibers, so i dont have to bring a bunch of different ammo. Today it was a 308 AR, an M1A, and an M1 carbine.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    Usually (at least lately) I bring my competition gun box with a .22 and a.45. It already has everything that I need including a rod to remove a stuck case or bullet.

At my outdoor range usually one pistol and one rifle with ammo and a scope and anything that I think I will need.

Mar 6, 2019
    I don’t have that problem. I think that means I need more guns. I just take what I feel like shooting. It’s mostly just a single long gun. On occasion I’ll toss some rounds down range with my pistol too. I take the bare minimum if I can help it. Eyes and ears, targets, ammo, and target stand. Now that my son isn’t as into shooting I lost my extra set of hands so I’ve trimmed down what I do take.

sandeman

Jun 19, 2008
    Pasadena
    I don’t have that problem. I think that means I need more guns. I just take what I feel like shooting. It’s mostly just a single long gun. On occasion I’ll toss some rounds down range with my pistol too. I take the bare minimum if I can help it. Eyes and ears, targets, ammo, and target stand. Now that my son isn’t as into shooting I lost my extra set of hands so I’ve trimmed down what I do take.
    Guns are like potato chips;you should all you can budget and feed withammo.Do not sell once acquired. You wii be sorry!

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    I usually rotate through different guns each time. Often my wife goes and she is only interested in shooting handguns. Today I took my Beretta 92fs 9mm and my most recent addition a WW2 CZ 27 in .32 acp. I must admit I can't hit squat with the CZ.

Wifey shoots her Sig 229 in 9mm.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Everything comes out a few times a year but the cheaper to shoot/easier to clean/easier on my shoulder selection gets far more attention.

The Henry and 9mm AR are my favorites for the above mentioned reasons.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    One thing I don't do is take a 9mm, 9x18 and .380 all at once. It is a pain in the ass to sort out the brass afterwards.

I only save 9mm for reloading, the other 9-ish cases go in recycling; but I do take .380 and 9mm together.

Overall, the answer to the OP is ... first preference goes to the guns I haven't shot yet. I have 3 that I haven't taken yet ... Wednesday another one will join the club. I better get going before the backlog is greater.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Ya it’s hard picking sometimes , I usually take my main go to so to speak then another to get the dust off.

Robertjeter

May 11, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I try to split either rifle or handguns. Mostly because of the range I use. Easier to just stay at the beams or on the handgun range. Also way easier to pack that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom