• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    How are you going to test a magazine if you've never loaded it completely and emptied it? I've had one or two brand new magazines that weren't right, including from big names you wouldn't expect to have issues.

And yes, mag dumps are fun. Hopefully it's not the only thing they do at the range.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Back when the forum had group shoots, that is about how it went, 50+ people taking turns mag-dumping, for 4 hours straight. As long as nobody is breaking "the rules" ,sending rounds over the berm, or being an A-hole range etiquette wise, then have fun.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Back when the forum had group shoots, that is about how it went, 50+ people taking turns mag-dumping, for 4 hours straight. As long as nobody is breaking "the rules" ,sending rounds over the berm, or being an A-hole range etiquette wise, then have fun.

Those were fun...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am going to be slightly contrarian: if you're paying attention to what's going on, "fast as you can" mag dumps can really be a useful training tool for recoil control and learning to read your sights in real time. I think some people call this doing a berm drill, but I think it works a little better if you're trying to hit an IPSC target.

Alas, guessing that 99% of people going full-stupid on mag dumps aren't doing that.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    PERSONALLY i dont give a crap but it makes it hard to turn people on to firearms if you then have to "explain" what they are doing. It's acceptable among the gun community but explaining to a new gunner or even ANTI-gun person you're trying to convert.. it makes it harder.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    PERSONALLY i dont give a crap but it makes it hard to turn people on to firearms if you then have to "explain" what they are doing. It's acceptable among the gun community but explaining to a new gunner or even ANTI-gun person you're trying to convert.. it makes it harder.

I dunno. There's a strange satisfaction seeing dust fly on the berm from a lead hailstorm. Lots of foreign tourists who've never seen a gun close up pay good money to shoot full auto.

Anti-gunners are different. They've already made up their minds. Nothing will convince them otherwise.

Last edited:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I recommend going through as many rounds as humanly possible during your range visits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom