• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Hap Baker will be closed October 4th,5th,6th,10th,11th&12th.

It is my understanding that they had a couple more RSOs quit, leaving them short handed. A friend received an email as a member and relayed it to me.:sad20:

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I wonder why the RSO's are quitting, if that's true. Then again, every time I've been there the past few months someone does something really dumb. Like walking down range to pick up brass or grab targets when the range is hot and people are actively firing. I don't understand how people don't follow rules that are there to literally make sure they don't get shot

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I wonder why the RSO's are quitting, if that's true. Then again, every time I've been there the past few months someone does something really dumb. Like walking down range to pick up brass or grab targets when the range is hot and people are actively firing. I don't understand how people don't follow rules that are there to literally make sure they don't get shot

May I suggest borrowing a camp chair from the sporting goods section of Walmart and just plopping it down and people watching for a couple of hours?

There are a lot of stupid people in the world. Just remember what average is. Now remember half of people out there are dumber than average.

Mr. B

Jul 9, 2019
    MD

I wonder too. Last two times I was there it was very orderly and the officer was a very nice and patient older gentleman and I remember a) being appreciative to have such a good resource nearby and b) how stressful it must be for that guy to deal with the inevitable few ARMED nitwits.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on the situation and anything I can do to support Hap Baker I'll do. If I have to pay more to got there I will. I'd volunteer to be an RSO myself if I was retired.

We have to fight and support any and all 2A efforts we can here in MD.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I’ve been a member there for years and didn’t receive any email from them about this. Interesting enough their website keeps crashing, I guess I’m not the only one looking this up tonight. Thanks for the heads up. I too was gonna play hookie from work on Friday and head up there. I still may ditch work, maybe go bow hunting.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I was a member there for a few years. I really liked everyone there and liked the setup of the range. After moving, the range is far enough away that AGC is 20 min closer for me so I joined there this year.

I know that a lot of the RSOs left when the new manager came in. They were having issues getting RSOs earlier this year to my knowledge.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Two part time RSO positions are being advertised as well, for all of $10.27/hr. The chief RSO position is $20.04/hr, 40 hours/week, almost $41,700/year.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I’ve been considering taking the nra RSO class and maybe do some part time work on the weekends. Any suggestions m?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Two part time RSO positions are being advertised as well, for all of $10.27/hr. The chief RSO position is $20.04/hr, 40 hours/week, almost $41,700/year.
    The Part time pay is way too low. The Chief rso pay is low as well unless it's a real Gov job with benefits. I wonder how much money is made at the range, if I really cared, I would look see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom